• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

cupper

Reaction score
Very nice David.
Aren't those pants from look 29?

pockets with long dangling fabric " strings " which can be individually decorated by finger-knitted chains ( my wife taught me :sly:  ).

I used to know this. made a couple of finger knitted key chains. Not sure if I'd still remember how it's done.:laugh:

volcano

Reaction score
@davidlee388

Those shoes look perfect with the suit. Where did you find them? I've been looking for similar pair for some of my SS13 suits, but I keep coming up short finding an affordable pair
puzzled.gif

Last edited:

cupper

Reaction score

@davidlee388

Those shoes look perfect with the suit.  Where did you find them?  I've been looking for similar pair for some of my SS13 suits, but I keep coming up short finding an affordable pair :puzzled:  

Yohji SS13 suits?
If so fit pics please! :D

davidlee388

Reaction score
Very nice David.
Aren't those pants from look 29?
I used to know this. made a couple of finger knitted key chains. Not sure if I'd still remember how it's done.:laugh:

Thanks for the kind words.
There is a misprint in the SS13 Lookbook, the garment codes for Look 14 are actually found in Look 33, the 100 gabardine code indicates the error.

Finger knitting is great fun, we had a great time showing the Cambon SAs a few months back.

@volcano those shoes were bought in Hong Kong I.T. Warehouse, they were Japanese exclusives collab with G. Cox.

You can try Fred Perry x George Cox Monkey Boots for a similar interpretation :)

Last edited:

cupper

Reaction score

There is a misprint in the SS13 Lookbook, the garment codes for Look 13 are actually found in Look 33, the 100 gabardine code indicates the error.

Yes I've noticed that code error with Look 33. Though now I think your pants are the ones from Look 33 no? It seems only the fabric part of the code is wrong.

Isn't this the Look 13? way different pants.

davidlee388

Reaction score
@cupper Haha sorry you're absolutely correct, blame old age for my mistake. The pants are Look 14 actually. xeraphim can confirm this, he has the whole suit. Edited previous posts, thanks for pointing it out since I'm particular about info.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's super nice David. ^^ I wanted that string set-up but my local shop only had size 4 which I couldn't bring myself to get. I'm all for loose fits, but for some things I just think the slimmer fit looks (and feels) better. ie. that size 2 looks great -- not too small or big -- on you.

xeraphim

Reaction score
@cupper Haha sorry you're absolutely correct, blame old age for my mistake. The pants are Look 14 actually. xeraphim can confirm this, he has the whole suit. Edited previous posts, thanks for pointing it out since I'm particular about info.

Pants are indeed look 14
fing02[1].gif

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i agree, David that looks fantastic even cut so (*gasp*) slim! and your george cox creeper collabs are always nice ;-)

chayin

Reaction score
Not feeling those neon in yohji collection, I have trouble dealing with bright colors
baldy[1].gif
It's good but not great. The long shirt in the end was stellar!

davidlee388

Reaction score
@zapatiste thanks for the comment. The blazer is cut quite roomy by today's standard, the pants are loose ( there are sz 3 since I prefer the less cropped look ) then sharply taper at the hems. The Runway model, for whatever reason Yohji-san had, was wearing perhaps a size too small on that Look at least, note the short sleeves.... SS13 was cut so much roomier in most pieces compared to SS12 ( excluding the hakamas ), a welcome change in my opinion.

Also thanks for posting those YYF SS14, the power of the media/www nowadays enables us to see these pictures within hours of the show. Wish we were there like last September since being there does change the perception of the show especially motion. Eager to see a video soon. His use of non-black, vivid colours and techno fabrics does seem to follow on from his YYPH SS14. Maybe it's market driven, maybe it's a reflection of his re-vitalized energy and upbeat mood? Who knows.....The superb asymmetry and tailoring is still there.

Our favourites:-

and last but not least, this Look 4, the construction of the blazer is insane.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads