• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score
Looking very cool Parker, the pants worked beautifully with the Napolean. Is that Look 43 ( J16-810 ) with stretching cotton fabric +/- shoulder pads? Thought you are a natural sz 3 for topwear esp for SS12.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks David. Yeah, that's the one. Oddly, I thought I ordered size 3, only later realized it was a size 2. It's loose enough I think. a 3 would probably work, too.

Last edited:

rudo

Reaction score

I check Y! Japan everyday for any stuff suitable. I opened the bookmarked browser just then and noticed Y! changed the format.....rather annoyingly.

You can't see individual items with seller IDs at a glance anymore. Also there is nowhere on the browser to specify your own price range, neither can you specify new unused items to look at also.

Has anyone experienced this too?

They updated the mobile (ipad) version. On the bottom of the page, there is 表示:モバイルパソコン, select the one on the right, you will get the old version which I think it is better especially on ipads.

davidlee388

Reaction score

They updated the mobile (ipad) version. On the bottom of the page, there is 表示:モバイルパソコン, select the one on the right, you will get the old version which I think it is better especially on ipads.

Sorted! Yeah it does say " showing " ( 表示 ). Thanks for the tip. I owe you one and I mean it :)

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Phone >> Instagram >> Yohji Thread, so no bottom half
crazy.gif

Y's SS08 Embroidered Blazer - ( MM-J12-001 ) - deep black. 100% dry hand cotton, sz 2, horn buttons, 2B notch lapels, 4B working cuffs, half lined in cupro, sleeves lined in off-white striped variety. long single vent. The rest see for yourself :)

YYPH SS06 Pants - ( HR-P19-211 ) - 55/45 rayon/ramie, sz 2.

Y's x DM AW08 Boots ( not vis ), Uniqlo, CDG H+ Belt

Lighting:- Energy Saver Bugs created by the best dressed architect/furniture designer from http://www.fukuroo.net

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that blazer :drool:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my items from Atelier NY. Man, the shorts are AMAZING. I need a backup pair cos I am going to live in these from now on. Fabric is so smooth and fluid (like milk or something) and the sarouel-style crotch somehow manages to avoid diaper syndrome and add so much movement to the pants. The Tshirt is great as well. Can be twisted to add some visual interest up top and the ruching detail at the back is also pretty nice. Fabric is great and very light as well, definitely perfect combo for a hot summer or tropical environment.

So far, SS13 gets two thumbs up from me. Now to nab the extended train jacket and the jacket that was paired with the pants on the runway and I think I can settle down.

Fit pic tomorrow :)

Last edited:

valter

Reaction score

Besides my eBay sales, I unfortunately have to also let this grail waistcoat go...
I got it a while ago but it is slightly too small for me, I would say it's best for YYPH size 2 wearers.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

Just received my items from Atelier NY. Man, the shorts are AMAZING. I need a backup pair cos I am going to live in these from now on. Fabric is so smooth and fluid (like milk or something) and the sarouel-style crotch somehow manages to avoid diaper syndrome and add so much movement to the pants. The Tshirt is great as well. Can be twisted to add some visual interest up top and the ruching detail at the back is also pretty nice. Fabric is great and very light as well, definitely perfect combo for a hot summer or tropical environment.

So far, SS13 gets two thumbs up from me. Now to nab the extended train jacket and the jacket that was paired with the pants on the runway and I think I can settle down.

Fit pic tomorrow :)

Look forward to the FP my friend, and for the Look 21 Train Blazer, it's not slim by any stretch of imagination, but you need a sz 4.... or above ( if available ) for it to work. Trust me :)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valter, is that waistcoat from any season in particular? Or is it one of the Japan exclusive "Yohji" items? Shame it didn't work out, looks pretty cool.

David, once I am ready to pick it up, be sure I will be coming to you for advice on sizing :). What is your impression of the balloon blazer as well? I know it is one of your target items.

valter

Reaction score
Tag would indicate it's AW98. It is one of the red labeled items (thus inspired by Yohji's own wardrobe).

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

David, once I am ready to pick it up, be sure I will be coming to you for advice on sizing :). What is your impression of the balloon blazer as well? I know it is one of your target items.

Like I said sz 4 or above for you, I will post another fit picture of that piece in due course to show ya.

That Look 12 balloon blazer is a gem, esp in wool gab ( joining the Wire.Artist brigade here lol ) and in black. It will complete my SS13 Quest. I still struggle to understand how that Side Cord Parka techno so-and-so retails more than this Look 12 according to Ikkon. To see the cut of Look 12, check out the orange blazer on the Runway, it's the same piece in different fabric.

rudo

Reaction score
@ivwri I tried those at atelier when they arrived and yes they were really really good. It looks like it is sold out now too.. I probably have to try my luck in the second hand market.
8599550188_053683b987.jpg
Sorry for the bad work bathroom cellphone pic. This is what i wore today. 00aw jacket (huge thanks to asobu) 02aw garb wide pants 11aw green hooded knit +colomb scarf, guidi bag.

StevenE

Reaction score
Is anyone here London-based? I'm after a recommendation for a decent tailor. I have a pair of trousers I'd like to get taken up a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads