Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I'm glad you fessed up shah :laugh:
    I saw the ad on sz and my jaw dropped!

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

justoneeye no longer shows Yohji in the list of designers :paranoia:

3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Wow, david, pretty glad to see that jacket like this. Would not have known it had pleats at the back like that. Looks really cool I think.

I completely missed seeing both the opening and closing ceremonies live which was pretty disappointing, but hopefully I can catch up on YouTube. Great to hear that Madness performed anyway even if they were not in Yohji :).

shah that's pretty weird with justoneeye. I hope they put it back up for FW12. Have they started putting up their current season buys yet? Over on SZ I saw people complaining that the Barney's drop was just a more boring version of the Atelier drop which is disappointing. I will try and get the Maxfield's drop and post it on here if I can get them to send me pictures this season. Apparently they didn't pick up much last season but they told me they would be getting some stuff in this season. Will see.

Oh yeah, Guy Burgess, you need to go into Eastern Market and do some recon, it is all for the greater good and at least, even if you can't pick up anything now, you will be able to later I am sure, so good to know what to keep an eye out for eh? :devil:

4. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

the shah, I am almost positive justoneeye is keeping yohji. I was there recently and they said they like yohji a lot and he's one of their best men's designers (in terms of sales, obviously he's their best in terms of design...).

The only thing funky about justoneeye is that yohji has required them to keep the line as an online brand only--no in-store purchases.
    I was at maxfield's recently and they had no yohji yet. They had recently received some cdg, which was a better offering than barneys, so most likely the yohji offering will to be better than barneys.

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Hmm, that's interesting that YY insisted that it be online-only. Most companies seem to want to keep their stuff offline. Good to hear that Yohji is doing well for them anyway.

As for Maxfield's I actually really enjoyed the two times I was able to go to the store. The staff is interested in the clothing they stock and they tend to have really cool buys as well.

6. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Helps that it looks like an editorial shot, but I really like this. shuitsang off of tumblr/SZ

[​IMG]

YYPH
    MA+
    YYPH
    Guidi

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

7. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

sorry to create panic :p i don't see fw stuff, and the list of designers doesn't include yy, but if you search you can still find the ss12 stuff tho not much left

9. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

people with lots of free time and money who jumping from brand to brand. yohji won't last there trust me.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Disagree. Just seems like someone with an interest in fashion buying clothes that he likes....

Yeah the photography makes it seem a bit...fake, and the tumblr format is inherently fad-ish, but it still looks good, and I think it's a bit harsh to jump on someone's motive based on their tumblr and what brands they're wearing.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

even if it was true, who gives a shit? it's a good looking pic of a guy wearing yohji.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

That topknot puts mine to shame :embar:
    But he is Asian so I'll find some comfort in that

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

14. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

15. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member