Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

You are welcome. It's a shame I was not shown ( or didn't ask ) all the pieces in the shop especially a few more coats and the other pants. Probably because I haven't really done my homework before going ( deep down not sure if anything on the Runway will work well with my wardrobe ). However I still like the Look 34 blazer, that SB/DB feature is interesting, very me, very usable and goes well with the baggy pants I wear often. But I'll have it in black.

Which navy jackets?

2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

s/s08 hat, s/s94 suit, silent t-shirt, cons.
    [​IMG]

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

Great silhouette, love the hat and the shoulders - you really managed to breathe new life into that suit. Top stuff

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i decided against those drop-crotch trousers from rex when he was selling them for whatever reason. .. thanks for making me regret :p

agreed that's great stuff with the hat ! old skool suit is :slayer:

so, i wanted the cubism dbl breast military jacket from this spring but on sale it's 940$ and hasn't dropped in price and i sorta set a ceiling for spending per item that this is way above :embar:

also want the long "priest shirt" but it's way too $$$ as well

:foo:

i found a few things that i've inquired about (hopefully you guys aren't gonna jump on same stuff and take them away from me :laugh:)

i tried the cubism jacket in london store it was outstanding (so was the dbl breast but lets not dwell on that which cannot be had :p)

you think these trousers are the same as these ? both in the product shot and on the paris SA (luis) they seem long but on runway this asian fellow doesn't seem to have the cuffed nor are they particularly long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I vote for the cubist jacket! :enable, enable: ;-) the pants would be nice, but the jacket is a special item. one the most memorable of SS12. plus, it looks really good with your complexion.

6. the shah

LOL well thank you parker ... i made an offer for both :)devil:) but i was just curious as to fit of the pants. i guess it doesn't matter since i could cuff them anyway

did you guys see the massive haul of yohji jamesd is selling on SZ ? yeah i know i know i hate to make a thread into just sales FYIs etc but there are lot of goodies to be had (so long as you don't make higher offers than what I did for those two items :embar:)

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14969

7. davidlee388

Yes I saw this as well. Who is jamesd? Where does he get all these goodies? Family sale in Japan? And yes, those pants are the one on Look 44.

Also this BNWT Look 32 Napolean Cubism in sz 4 Y! auction just ended at 30.3k from the most reputable YY re-seller:-
    http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f113203086

That's extremely good price ( retail 94k, I paid 48k equivalent for my sz 2 in HK Joyce sale ), hope it's one of you guys that won it!

8. davidlee388

After the heat wave of yesterday, today we have rain, sunshine and chilly wind, strange old NW English weather.
    Also after trying the knit in Hervia yesterday, I have this on today. At least for this old timer, old is better than new anytime.
    AW05 Set Up - my favourite season

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

YYPH AW05 Look 40 Side Split Long Knit ( HN-K49-199 ) 100% laine wool, ex-Wire.Artist, dark grey, size 3 ( O/S according to Yoda ), medium weight wool but densely knitted. Suitably oversized and long silhouette, just above knees, perfect sleeve length. Thin ribbed cuffs, crew neck and hem. Left side can be opened via 6 black Yohji buttons allowing different play on the volume and flow and access to left pants' pocket ( just don't use right pocket lol ). The shape is phenomenal considering the weight of the garment given the length. Simple yet effective and so Yohji. Less is more for sure. The Hervia AW12 knit just can't compare. My top 3 knit.

YYPH AW05 Look 40 " Long Johns " Knit Pants ( HN-T51-930 ) I have no idea why they are T- code instead of P-, 100% laine wool, ex-Wire.Artist ( he nicknamed these lol ) light blue with grey specks running throughout. The fabric is interlocked and knitted, very luxurious imo. Crazy construction as well. Size 3, huge waist. dark blue single Yohji button closure with drawstring and 7 belt loops, lined partly in beige cotton. 5B exposed button fly, side pockets. Slightly drop crotched and ultra-long, tapering to long ribbed cuffs. They look best bunched up below knees. Drop crotched pants, track pants rolled into one. Very well made.

YY x Adidas AW11 YY Campus Wrestling Suede/Neoprene Ankle Boots.

9. the shah

T for Trousers ? nice haircut :slayer: the fabric on the pants looks luxurious !

edit: lol the outfit is fantastic that goes without saying :p

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

That long knit is one of the coolest things I´ve seen. Looks great.

11. the shah

i just sold hakamas after reaizing i'd never really get to wear them that much :bored:
    i am too often seated wherever i go, and these do not lend themselves well to sitting or kneeling or what have you, especially not repeatedly or for extended periods of time.

what's to stop me from getting the colorful ones next spring ? who knows ... but that means for now there is more yohji to be had elsewhere

i don't know if i'll grow to regret this or not , i had to confess though , at least it was an offer that was right

please forgive me , yohji brethren :foo:

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

How did you size that silent tee?

13. asobu

asobu Senior member

Oh I'm gonna suffer some serious post olympic depression for the next couple of weeks, god I love the olympics so much. Have to say I was a bit disappointed to see that Madness weren't wearing the aw04 zipper suits at the closing ceremony!

14. davidlee388

Totally agreed, it has been totally enthralling especially here in the UK. Well it definitely motivated me to go to the gym more often to stay away from Yohji Size 2.5 Syndrome haha.

The Para-Olympics will start in just over 2 weeks.

Maybe Madness were not allowed to keep the outfits after the Runway.....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

15. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

hey David, where in the North West are you? I spent a fair bit of my youth in and around Chester/Manchester/Liverpool. Sorry if this is a weird question, I just don't come across many people from that part of the world with my current location.