• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry I've been MIA for a while - traveling back and forth between US and London and Italy with no end in sight trying to juggle everything... plus I'm a family man if you didn't already know (including a teenage daughter in the house - parenting doesn't get any easier does it!)

Anyway I can always be emailed directly (my preferred mode of correspondence) at [email protected].

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I've been MIA for a while - traveling back and forth between US and London and Italy with no end in sight trying to juggle everything... plus I'm a family man if you didn't already know (including a teenage daughter in the house - parenting doesn't get any easier does it!)

Anyway I can always be emailed directly (my preferred mode of correspondence) at [email protected].

As long as your daughter thinks you are a stylish dude and not a huge dork, then the battle is halfway won
bigstar[1].gif

Safe travels!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

As long as your daughter thinks you are a stylish dude and not a huge dork, then the battle is halfway won
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Safe travels!

Ha! Do you or have you had a teenage daughter? There is almost NOTHING to make her think her dad is cool, and sadly a fully canvassed sport jacket, wool/cashmere trousers and a pair of suede belgian loafers isn't her idea of "stylish"! :laugh:

Well, at least she along with her other siblings can all feel and appreciate the difference between cashmere non-cashmere! :slayer:

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
Sorry, with these when they're gone they're gone, but I'm working on getting a HUGE selection of jackets in this year, or at least that's the plan/goal!
Cool.

Are there going to be any changes to the cuts/patterns on the sport coats?
Wider lapels, perhaps
sneaky2.gif
?

Last edited:

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
BTW, regardless of width, there is something annoying going on with the construction of the current models: I bought two additional sport coats, and they had the same problem as the first one I bought - the right lapel is a smidge narrower than the left one. My tailor speculates that this is somehow related to the collar cut too small. Re-pressing works to an extend, but I still notice it :(.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But trousers for the tuxedo are particularly slim... when I cut new tuxedos again soon I will make the trousers more forgiving in the waist/seat/thighs.

I didn't go through the whole thread, so apologies if this particular question came up some time in the last two months, but when do you anticipate cutting new tuxedos? I saw a reference to spring or summer but was wondering if you had more specifics yet. I ask because I will likely be in the market for a new tux in the next couple of months, but would definitely wait until there was one available that was more forgiving in the seat/thighs. I have a Benjamin suit, which I really like, but I already had to let the seat/thigh out on a size 36 trouser so am concerned that there wouldn't be enough material to let out the trouser from a 52L tux.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I didn't go through the whole thread, so apologies if this particular question came up some time in the last two months, but when do you anticipate cutting new tuxedos? I saw a reference to spring or summer but was wondering if you had more specifics yet. I ask because I will likely be in the market for a new tux in the next couple of months, but would definitely wait until there was one available that was more forgiving in the seat/thighs. I have a Benjamin suit, which I really like, but I already had to let the seat/thigh out on a size 36 trouser so am concerned that there wouldn't be enough material to let out the trouser from a 52L tux.

Sorry for not responding sooner - just spent 3 days in Napoli/Bari/Martina Franca and just landed back in London tonight... got some goodies for you guys!

Anyway still no hard dates - sorry. Once I know more I will let you know. By when did you need it?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

BTW, regardless of width, there is something annoying going on with the construction of the current models: I bought two additional sport coats, and they had the same problem as the first one I bought - the right lapel is a smidge narrower than the left one. My tailor speculates that this is somehow related to the collar cut too small. Re-pressing works to an extend, but I still notice it :(

Really? Never ever noticed this or even heard this. I will check this out tomorrow, but this sounds bizarre...

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for not responding sooner - just spent 3 days in Napoli/Bari/Martina Franca and just landed back in London tonight... got some goodies for you guys!

Anyway still no hard dates - sorry. Once I know more I will let you know. By when did you need it?

Thanks, and hope it was a good trip! The event I'm thinking of specifically is this fall so it's hardly a time-sensitive issue. Based on what you said, can I assume that the current iteration is slimmer through the trouser than the same size of one of your suits (based on the post I quoted)?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdp