• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

grouse

Reaction score
I'm still debating brown vs. rust, but I'm leaning toward rust. Looks like you can't go wrong either way, though. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these.

themonster

Reaction score
Oil first, then seal it with wax based thing (snoseal, obenauf's etc). I do both before wearing. Let the oil proof for a day before waxing.
I... what? No. You do not put wax / snoseal / obenauf's on the soles. That is a terrible idea. You will lose all traction from the leather and probably have even more trouble cementing a half sole.

No, I was saying he should probably deal with the leather soles (as in a top or half-sole) before worrying about protecting the uppers. :)

rapsfan50

Reaction score
hey all. does anyone know why the latham line was discontinued, or was it? i have a pair in the rust colour and they're one of my favourite pairs i own.

segrantz

Reaction score
Hey,

I need a suggestion from someone more knowledgeable about boots than I. I own a pair of 1000mile rust, firsts. And the small piece of leather in the shoe where you put your heel that says "wolverine 1000 mile" started coming off right away. What's the best way to reattach this small piece? Should I use glue? If so what kind?

Funny thing is, I have a pair of seconds in tan and they are holding up great.

milw50717

Reaction score
The heel pad can be glued back in place. Contact adhesive should work. You could always replace it with something that works better - gel, etc.

grouse

Reaction score
Tried some on at a local shoe store; 9.5 seems to be the ticket (I'm a 10 on a Brannock device). There was a small amount of heel slippage but from what I've read that seems to be a good thing.

Last edited:

soulmaker1

Reaction score
Check this out. I ordered my first pair of 1000 mile boots in my true size 11 before I read that you should order 1/2 size down. Subsequently I picked 2 pairs in 10 1/2 that fit great, these were the 1000 mile and Addison boots. So my Rockfords arrive in the size 11 and they seen to be exactly if not slightly smaller than the other 2. I'm not sure if I should return them for a 10.5. Or just keep them? Is it because the Rockford is cut differently than the others?
The pictures below show that they are the same:
[/IMG]

jon4rd

Reaction score

Check this out. I ordered my first pair of 1000 mile boots in my true size 11 before I read that you should order 1/2 size down. Subsequently I picked 2 pairs in 10 1/2 that fit great, these were the 1000 mile and Addison boots. So my Rockfords arrive in the size 11 and they seen to be exactly if not slightly smaller than the other 2. I'm not sure if I should return them for a 10.5. Or just keep them? Is it because the Rockford is cut differently than the others?
[/IMG]

If they are a great fit like the others why would you return them?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/IMG]

If they are a great fit like the others why would you return them?

My thoughts exactly

garyclark

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the Morley model with the napped side of the leather on the outside?

I'm also wondering how one would treat napped leather, and how it holds up to the elements.

Thanks!

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine after riding from HCMC to Hanoi in September.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RussoBeri