• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

KROMExRainbow

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm really looking forward to buying myself a pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles in Cordovan, but am just wondering what size you think would be best as I can't try them on in person.

I did get to try on something similar to this: https://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/...-Slip-Resistant-6-inch-Work-Boot?dimensions=0
and happened to fit a 9.5 well. (I know these won't fit the same as 1000 Miles)

My Brannock sizing is 11, and I wear an 11 in Vans and a 10 in Chuck Taylors.

From what I've read, I'm thinking that going for a 10 would be my best bet? Thanks guys!

rbarthel

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm really looking forward to buying myself a pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles in Cordovan, but am just wondering what size you think would be best as I can't try them on in person.

I did get to try on something similar to this: https://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/...-Slip-Resistant-6-inch-Work-Boot?dimensions=0
and happened to fit a 9.5 well. (I know these won't fit the same as 1000 Miles)

My Brannock sizing is 11, and I wear an 11 in Vans and a 10 in Chuck Taylors.

From what I've read, I'm thinking that going for a 10 would be my best bet? Thanks guys!
In your situation I'd buy a 10 and a 10.5, returning the one that doesnt fit.

Last edited:

jon4rd

Reaction score

In your situation I'd buy a 10 and a 10.5, returning the one that doesnt fit.

This would be the safest bet. But I wear the same sizes in vans and converse and I went with a 10 in the 1000 miles and they fit pretty good. I have some space still with regular socks and with thick socks they fit snug.

robotomasher

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I received my first pair of Wolverine 1k boots recently but have some concern about the fitting. I wear size 8 for sneakers and dress shoes but I decided to go a full size down to 7 for the wolverine boots after reading some comments here. The boots fits very snug with a medium thick socks on and after walking around during the day. While initially putting on the boots I feel fine almost immediately as I stand and walk around I can feel a dull squeeze around middle of my feet which later turns into more of discomfort. The thing is I have plenty of room in the toe box to wiggle my toes around. I think I just have wider feet than most people in relation to my feet length which is not long at all.

I guess my question is will the boots leather give / stretch in the middle section over time and I should tough it out or should i go a half size up? Is there noticeable difference in profile of the boots between half sizes?

thank you

milw50717

Reaction score

Hey folks, 

I received my first pair of Wolverine 1k boots recently but have some concern about the fitting. I wear size 8 for sneakers and dress shoes but I decided to go a full size down to 7 for the wolverine boots after reading some comments here. The boots fits very snug with a medium thick socks on and after walking around during the day. While initially putting on the boots I feel fine almost immediately as I stand and walk around I can feel a dull squeeze around middle of my feet which later turns into more of discomfort. The thing is I have plenty of room in the toe box to wiggle my toes around. I think I just have wider feet than most people in relation to my feet length which is not long at all. 

I guess my question is will the boots leather give / stretch in the middle section over time and I should tough it out or should i go a half size up? Is there noticeable difference in profile of the boots between half sizes? 

thank you

Relatively immediate discomfort is not good. Size up, such that you have the choice to wear different thicknesses of socks. Remember that your feet are going to swell a little bit through the day, so factor this in when determining how much to size up.

AppleFarmer

Reaction score
What is the average cost of adding a Vibram Sole Guard to a pair of Wolverine 1000ks?

Paid $35 in Fidi NYC area at Minas Shoe Repair. Felt rapesque.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I paid 35 at Hector's Shoe Repair in the village for topys on a pair of dress boots, and that's not including 25 for heels if you want to make sure they're the same height.

Last edited:

carloso

Reaction score
Sorry for another sizing question but I plan on getting the 1Ks or addisons in tan, just debating on the size.
I fit a 41 in common projects, and a 8.5 in red wing, let me know!

EDIT: thanks for the response indigoeagle!

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Sorry for another sizing question but I plan on getting the 1Ks or addisons in tan, just debating on the size.
I fit a 41 in common projects, and a 8.5 in red wing, let me know!

I'd say 8.5 with a bit of room, 8 for a snug fit.
But it's difficult to say, feet can be quite different, even if same size. But this was my experience (with 10).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8