• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

ubc121

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how the chinos fit compared to epaulet chinos?

thirdman

Reaction score
I just got the W+H Mac in the mail. I like it a lot, but, as other people have said, it's quite a heavy canvas and feels a bit boxy and stiff on the first few wears. For anybody else who bought the Mac: does it soften up much with wear?
Thanks!

PS If anyone else is looking at them: I'm 6'3" 175 and a large seems to fit quite well.

madmadigan

Reaction score
I don't own that coat, but have felt it/looked at it etc. It is very stiff, but I bet will break in great with wear. I'm sure it will start to mold to your body more, but it will take time, that thing is stiff, but it seems like it will last forever!

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF, can anybody verify for me the sizing on the indigo hoodie. I just had a stockist tell me that an XL measures 25.5" P2P. That sounds absurd.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy your normal size...

I don't have the hoodie, but I have the same thing in the the crewneck, and its very true..

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thirdman
I just got the W+H Mac in the mail. I like it a lot, but, as other people have said, it's quite a heavy canvas and feels a bit boxy and stiff on the first few wears. For anybody else who bought the Mac: does it soften up much with wear?
Thanks!

PS If anyone else is looking at them: I'm 6'3" 175 and a large seems to fit quite well.

It's really stiff out of the box but does soften up a lot with wear. I have the coat but wouldn't personally define the fit on me as boxy. I think it's pretty slim over all. Heavy too. Which will be nice for Fall, and Winter..

8af7acae.jpg

Keep at it with the wear and beat it up. It's some damn sturdy canvas as you said. Toss it around, sit on it...wear it a lot. It'll get much nicer and softer to the touch. The buttons are heavy duty too which is cool.

ysb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
Can anyone comment on how the chinos fit compared to epaulet chinos?

I'd say that the WH chinos are a little bit more tapered. Mine feel slimmer through the leg than the same tagged size in EP chino

mr bunbury

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thirdman
Thanks!

I've had it for a while. It softens up and gets less boxy as it softens. When I got it te flap pockets were very stiff, for instance; now they're less conspicuous.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a size large Indigo hoody and would like to share pit to pit and shoulder seam to shoulder seam measurements?

Had two different stockists tell me 20.5"-21" pit to pit and 19" shoulder to shoulder.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
^ I would chime in, but we've been discussing this the better part of a day!
laugh.gif

lmao, thanks for all the help mm

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey slack, I tried on the blazers today at Roden Gray.

they are definitely true to size exactly, very good fit.
buy your regular Wings and Horns size.

they were a bit thin as they are only lined half way in the back, perfect for summer.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a large in the indigo. I hope it fits me.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regarding the Hoodies, stick to the normal sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads