Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

at 6'4" you would wear them as they're intended -- sagged -- and I think they'll look cool, and if sagged right, there should be some stacking going on.. stockist measurements read 30.5" inseam, but being the inseam is "articulated" (& bow legged) , it's very hard to measure accurately. A 30.5" for me, at 5'8", should hit me with just a small break. However, I have to give these a full cuff (folded over completely once) and I still have a lot of stacking...when sagged - a ton -- and even stacking when pulled up to normal height.. in 33, 15% off... for example, see how much loose inseam there is on these when still rolled...
    [​IMG]

30.5" inseam, with the drop crotch though. so really more like 34" maybe 35" curious to know the outseam measurements

2. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

i called acrimony and they said the outseam on size 33 measures 43"

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

i called acrimony and they said the outseam on size 33 measures 43"
    cool thats the same as my epaulet chinos, inseam w/o the drop crotch is probably ~35" then. so theres like 4.5" of drop edit: just noticed acrimony changed the pictures for the anti fits, the last set made them look horrible

4. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Hmm, thanks for the feedback. If it is only running a bit larger than tagged, I might be better with a 31 then. I'm a 30 in trousers typically, b/c the waist actually measure about 31" or 31.5". I best fit waists of lower rises when they measure about 15.5-15.75" waist aligned.

I'm gonna have to disagree with Slack a bit on this. I've tried the chinos from the last 4 seasons and i've been a 31 in all of them. The chinos run about an inch bigger than tagged size, so i think you should be fine to stick with your 30.

5. WhatNow

WhatNow Member

I'm gonna have to disagree with Slack a bit on this. I've tried the chinos from the last 4 seasons and i've been a 31 in all of them. The chinos run about an inch bigger than tagged size, so i think you should be fine to stick with your 30.

+1

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Well, apparently a lot of bad information circulating on the chinos? Context stating true to size...Acrimony measuring in person, and stating true to size...(inch wise). 4_HM stating they run an inch big? A lot of variables, I know, but there should at least be some sort of general consensus among those who stock. It would be wonderful if stockist could provide 'their take' on the sizing of a piece in the item description versus customers fending for themselves in these forums with bad information spreading like wild fire. Of course, resources for things like this are slim in some retail environments -- but I sure bet if they took the time do it, it would cut down on a lot of potential returns/exchanges. There is often "please contact us!" but most often times emails can take 2+ days to be returned, no phone pickups (like when I just tried Context -- greeted by no answer and a "full" voicemail box [​IMG] -- side note; how do you conduct business with a full inbox? I'm sure they're doing fine, but just thinking out loud...) But Context....always so good with measurements in the past. And for them to be off an entire inch (which in clothing, as we know, is a ton) -- is a pretty staggering measuring mistake. I will email them regarding that to see if they're able to confirm their measurements or if they want to redact their claim of...
    edit; Guy: regardless of the way they fit personally, what do you show a pair of 30's measuring flat across? I would like to compare that to Context and Acrimony. Thanks in advance for your response.

7. Feji

Feji Senior member

Exactly why i hate the terms "TTS", size up, size down. Given actual measurements, people can just order accordingly. Part of it is with designers doing vanity sizing and what-not...but I understand there's manufacturing tolerances at play here also.

Nowadays I just look online for posted measurements, or call a stockist for measurements - and order clothes that are the right measurements for me.

8. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Well, apparently a lot of bad information circulating on the chinos? Context stating true to size...Acrimony measuring in person, and stating true to size...(inch wise). 4_HM stating they run an inch big? A lot of variables, I know, but there should at least be some sort of general consensus among those who stock.

It would be wonderful if stockist could provide 'their take' on the sizing of a piece in the item description versus customers fending for themselves in these forums with bad information spreading like wild fire. Of course, resources for things like this are slim in some retail environments -- but I sure bet if they took the time do it, it would cut down on a lot of potential returns/exchanges. There is often "please contact us!" but most often times emails can take 2+ days to be returned, no phone pickups (like when I just tried Context -- greeted by no answer and a "full" voicemail box [​IMG] -- side note; how do you conduct business with a full inbox? I'm sure they're doing fine, but just thinking out loud...)

But Context....always so good with measurements in the past. And for them to be off an entire inch (which in clothing, as we know, is a ton) -- is a pretty staggering measuring mistake. I will email them regarding that to see if they're able to confirm their measurements or if they want to redact their claim of...

edit; Guy: regardless of the way they fit personally, what do you show a pair of 30's measuring flat across? I would like to compare that to Context and Acrimony. Thanks in advance for your response.

The problem is everyone has slightly different measuring techniques, coupled with the fact that when you are talking about the difference of a 1/4 inch even a crease or the way a garment is lying can make a difference. My main point was that i feel the chinos fit about the same as seasons past.

For what it's worth I have a sz.30 khaki pair in front of me right now and laying flat it measures just about exactly 15.5 across. Maybe a hair under, but that is the number i would give a customer who asked.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Another shout. I want:

Sweat Pants in M
    Sweat Shorts in M
    Indigo Hoody in XL

Hit me up if you got it

10. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Emailed Acrimony today after seeing the coupon listed today ( I placed an order late last night). They were able to take care of me!

11. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

^sweet where to kop?

13. *#..

*#.. Senior member

^^ Can I get them without the pen15? [​IMG]

14. evilbananas

evilbananas Senior member

Just received my burnt orange terry hoody. Love it.

How are people caring for their hoodies? Wash cold and then hang dry? I want to get the longest life possible out of this thing.

15. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

cold wash and lay flat on a towel.

then when semi-dry hang it up.