• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Donut

Reaction score
No one else stocking the orange hoodies? Espcially in xs?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
And on that note, expected prices for denim?

What a long wait. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you tried on their jeans before? I've owned 2 pair and wanted to love them, but the cut was ruinous on me. I'm just saying that, like any jeans, they won't suit everyone. Now that I think about it though, if more people liked them, they probably would've appeared in WAYWT a bit more.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Have you tried on their jeans before? I've owned 2 pair and wanted to love them, but the cut was ruinous on me. I'm just saying that, like any jeans, they won't suit everyone. Now that I think about it though, if more people liked them, they probably would've appeared in WAYWT a bit more.

I've heard the same thing from a stockist. They didn't carry the jeans in the past b/c of the cut. I don't intend on owning a pair of w+h jeans, but curious, can you elaborate on why you didn't like the jeans?

ysb

Reaction score

Originally Posted by Dbear
I've heard the same thing from a stockist. They didn't carry the jeans in the past b/c of the cut. I don't intend on owning a pair of w+h jeans, but curious, can you elaborate on why you didn't like the jeans?

I'll chime in here as someone who loves their jeans. they were a mid to high-rise with a tapered leg for the slim cut. They had low front pockets, which made the top blocks look pretty substantial, but they fit pretty well. I can dig up a few pics, I've posted them somewhere.

I saw a few pics recently from a stockist and it looks like they redesigned the top block to a more conventional look, the front pockets aren't cut as deep as previous versions. I think they're kind of love/hate from the feedback I've seen. I did see a nice dark grey wash that looked promising.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear

They fit very oddly in the butt. I've got a somewhat flat ass, which sometimes causes hip flare because you're not filling out the seat. But with these, they just draped in an awkward way there. It was bad enough that I never wore them again after I noticed it. /uncomfortable explanation
shog[1].gif

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score

Yeah, I have a pair actually. I've been looking forward to getting another, but I guess that won't be happening for a few months.

I agree that it's an atypical jean cut, but I think that it suits me well. I also have a pretty flat ass, yet I haven't noticed any hip flare.

Milksauce

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a pair actually. I've been looking forward to getting another, but I guess that won't be happening for a few months.

I agree that it's an atypical jean cut, but I think that it suits me well. I also have a pretty flat ass, yet I haven't noticed any hip flare.

+1 I have no ass but it still fits fine.

Pat

Reaction score
so if i am a perfect medium in the old style slim fit w+h hoodies, is that the size i should choose on the current ones?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to freak out about some sweatpants, but seriously, these s/s11 terry sweats feel ******* amazing. Actually something from W+H that fits my more muscular frame too. I love it.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Yes. And if it doesn't fit I'll buy it off of you, maybe.
blush.gif

Originally Posted by Pat
so if i am a perfect medium in the old style slim fit w+h hoodies, is that the size i should choose on the current ones?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pat

Pat - with these new ones - my personal opinion is to go 'true to size'. No need to size up, if that is what you did for the 'perfect medium'. These have some serious stretch to them. Even if snug out of the box, it will loosen up -- quick. I ended up selling my hoodies I got in medium (which I wore the old tiger terry in) and replacing them with smalls. People will probably debate this, but just my two cents.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up another pair of sweats from Blackbird
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
20% with coupon code 'blinkblink' Also, if anybody has the W+H jersey or loop terry shorts in medium for sale, get at me.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some 'horns pron..(click for details)
9db8ed47.jpg

a92c3b54.jpg
544522f0.jpg
ba793064.jpg
24c16dd1.jpg

quick thoughts- + the red crew is very plain and simple. Nothing crazy. The color isn't fantastic, but at least spring appropriate weight, and not grey. Fit is TTS (doubt people will debate this) + the cardigan is surprisingly nice for its price point. Initially, in the lookbook and some prelim shots, they were using that double-layer fabric as accents. But....looks like they decided to replace the ugly (imo) double layer jersey with black chambray, which is so much more subtle. Fit is very TTS (doubt people will debate) (edit; its tts, but slim. pretty slim...) + the charcoal linen/cotton pants are insane. don’t let the "linen" part fool you though, because they're the weight of an 8-10oz (edit; maybe 5-7 oz) denim, imo. But...awesome. Check the shots. Thicker than I thought, as mentioned -- but these will be a win this summer. fit pics to come this weekend if ms. slack doesn't suffocate my face/kill me with these new clothes while I sleep.

bapelolol

Reaction score

I really like the FW09 cut compared to denim released after this season

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(edit: The info below appears to be incorrect but am still keeping the post intact -- please read on in the next several pages re; polo sizing

note on the polos...stop the presses...but they're running a little small.

Size S p2p: 18" (sliiiiim)
Size M p2p: 19" (average size S imo).

So just be warned when sizing these. Acrimony will have them up on their site very soon (as well as other made in CA stuff - more tees, henleys, etc) and their #2 batch of made in JP stuff is expected this week. So patience my stateside friends..

check this top colorway too. Probably wrong, but I didn't see this one with RG...

85b14e3c.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads