Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

sweet, post pics of your girlfriend [​IMG]

i'll drop by Roden Gray today, will let you know on the blazer.

lol met slack and ms slack at mauros trunk show ... cute, nice, & great at taking photos [​IMG]

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

He's taken RKD [​IMG]

[​IMG] my ms rkd is relieved

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

lol met slack and ms slack at mauros trunk show ... cute, nice, & great at taking photos [​IMG]

Thanks, RKD - and likewise to you and your lady...the girls were being good sports that day [​IMG]

Ms. Slack's mom is a professional photographer by trade which we like to think lends to her own abilities being she's been exposed to photography since she was a baby. Every photo I've ever posted has just been taken with a camera phone too, which I'm personally impressed by. We've toyed with the idea of asking to borrow her mom's camera but then thought about taking a piece of $2k+ equipment to some of our favorite locales and backdrops (some pretty gritty areas..)....and decided it might not be the best idea. [​IMG]

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Wait wait wait, all your fit pics are done on a camera phone? That is seriously impressive. You might want to help cultivate that talent by getting her a entry level DSLR for ~$500-$600 (what is that 2-3 shirts?). But I do agree that you probably want to be carrying that around in any "shady" areas.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Wait wait wait, all your fit pics are done on a camera phone? That is seriously impressive. You might want to help cultivate that talent by getting her a entry level DSLR for ~$500-$600 (what is that 2-3 shirts?). But I do agree that you probably want to be carrying that around in any "shady" areas.

Yep - all iPhone. We used my 3G up until recently when she got her 4G (photos come out much better on the 4g..no shocker).

Am going to be looking into a DSLR in the near future as well...curious to see what she can do with a real camera. Because the camera phone is so sensitive to light the day/weather/overccast/too much sun can kind of make or break the photos..

7. Feji

Feji Senior member

4HM is supposed to be getting the linen/cotten blend blazers in their next shipment, supposedly. Impressions on the blazer cut from RG would be much appreciated also!

Are the west point chino's form Fall the same fabric as the summer/spring ones? I recently dropped by Stel's and tried on a pair and loved them....but was just wondering if they may be a little too light for winter when it swings back around.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

My understanding is that the west point chinos from both F/W and S/S are made from the exact same material.

Only difference might be a longer inseam on the newer ones.

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

4HM is supposed to be getting the linen/cotten blend blazers in their next shipment, supposedly. Impressions on the blazer cut from RG would be much appreciated also!

Are the west point chino's form Fall the same fabric as the summer/spring ones? I recently dropped by Stel's and tried on a pair and loved them....but was just wondering if they may be a little too light for winter when it swings back around.

Cool. I was hoping there would be another blazer coming around. I like the grey one at Roden but want to see what other colors and blends they come out with..

as for the west points, if there is a difference in the weight of the cotton, it's marginal. I've personally never been able to tell a difference between the S/S west points and the F/W. If anything, maybe 1-2 ounces max in the weight of the cotton which I doubt would be a deal breaker..

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Any other online retailers with the terry crew (other than RG)? I think I need an XL [​IMG]

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Any other online retailers with the terry crew (other than RG)? I think I need an XL [​IMG]

It's pretty true to size, for what that's worth. Not extrememly snug as some pieces have been...

Stels has it in a large

Frances May carries it, but is sold out of L and XL

Haven does have it in L and XL

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Are you normally a large?

Like, Slack said, it's pretty TTS.

For example, I sized up to a large, and I think a medium would probably fit me better.

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I think RG is the only retailler to carry it in red/salmon. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the piece in color? Is it more red than salmon?

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I think RG is the only retailler to carry it in red/salmon. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the piece in color? Is it more red than salmon?

They are the only stockist I've seen carrying, and this is starting to get a bit embarrassing (0), but I have it coming soon. To my understanding, it's not the "burnt orange", or "salmon" we've seen so far. Nor is it overdyed. It's a true "washed red" crew neck. It will wind up being thinner than the indigo-dyed, comparable to the weight of the organic cotton hoodies of spring/summer'10. So a lot more appropriate for real spring/summer..

good representation.....bottom corner. Also notice the cardi looks pretty nice and simple.

[​IMG]

15. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Hmm. I'll have to check it out in person. My only beef with the terry crew is the loose neck (I have a sample piece from a couple of seasons back).

Thanks!