• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Damn, W+H is still releasing new s/s products and I'm already waiting for their f/w line to land. I want some new sneakers!

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the striped shorts from the new batch.. although the picture has that strange distortion so I can't really see them that well. I haven't been too happy with the sizing of the shorts that I own and I'm worried that if I size down more to get the waist correct, the legs might not hang properly. I've had this problem before with other brands.

Jetnoir

Reaction score
I have some chinos from a few seasons back, the fit was spot on. I'm looking at the fitted henleys.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need need need those bush shorts in navy...bummer at the 230 price point...might hold off until a stockist (ahem, 4hm) where I have store credit gets it in stock...

Donut

Reaction score
I want to see more people stock the burnt orange hoodie
frown.gif
Ssense and haven don't have an xs
ffffuuuu.gif

Urijah1086

Reaction score
How Should I size for W+H Japanese Cotton/Linen Shorts and Bush Shorts? I've never bought W+H shorts or pants and I'm not sure how tts they fit.. I wear a 30 in Epaulet Rivet Chino, the waist actually measures 30.5 inches. Wondering if I should go with a 30 for W+H shorts? Thanks.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a 29, maybe a 28, if they fit the same as the chino shorts. A 32 W&H fits more loosely than a 33 Epaulet to me. I did expose the Epaulet to the dryer for a few minutes, which shrunk them slightly. Out of the box, I'd say a 32 W&H was equivalent to a 33 Epaulet.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- cotton/linen pants in charcoal
- red crewneck sweatshirt
- grey spring cardigan (thank god they (apparently) didn't go through with those double-layer jersey accents on the pockets and elbows).

a lot of the stuff looks pretty good.

Edd

Reaction score
loving the polo's end up expensive with uk customs & postage tho. Wish RG put up a detailed size guide on them any idea what size would fit a 40 chest best?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edd
loving the polo's end up expensive with uk customs & postage tho. Wish RG put up a detailed size guide on them any idea what size would fit a 40 chest best?

If they're similar to last year, you're probably bordering on a large. Just a guess for sizing ranges based on owning a few:

34"- 36" = Small
37"- 39" = Medium
40"-42" = Large
42"+ = XL.

So, pretty true to size I'm guessing. They will also run a touch longer than people are expecting I bet. Check with stockist though if they return emails, as again, above is just my best guess.

I also want to know if this shot is of the rear of the linen/cotton charcoal pants. Thinking and hoping so.

d1f3e514.jpg

nowiremember

Reaction score
the prices for this brand just get more and more ridiculous... 250$ for a linen shirt.. I think im pretty much done with wings.

EDIT:

This is not to say i don't think the pieces i have gotten arent good quality. But 230$ for a fairly basic pair of shorts and 250$ for a linen shirt is outrageous. My jaw almost hit the floor when i saw the price of what is essentially a sweatshirt blazer.. unreal. At these prices i can't believe this stuff flies off the shelf before it hits sale time.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really hate when stockists dont grab the full size run. companies make an xs and size 28 for a reason
ffffuuuu.gif
slack do you happen to know whos stocking polos stateside?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i really hate when stockists dont grab the full size run. companies make an xs and size 28 for a reason
ffffuuuu.gif

slack do you happen to know whos stocking polos stateside?

I know for fact that Acrimony will have the Polos on-site in probably about a week. Delivery in route, and they'll have the full sizes. You would be a small for sure as I'm sure you know. The polos are pretty TTS. RG sold out of pop sizes in the one good (imo) colorway before it even hit the web. I think it may be necessary to email stockist to ask them to set one aside. Hopefully each one will get at least two of the most popular sizes (s & m).

Interesting to see that Blackbird hasn't been doing anything with W+H, and they're pretty close geographically with re; to receiving orders. Maybe they've decided to cut back their w/h inventory for some reason - who knows. Or maybe they got stuck on CYC's back burner for whatever reason.

I'd bet Acrimony has the polos up first -- then Context -- then Need Supply -- all within 14 days. I think we got time in DC....weathers been so damn cold anyway. I'm just going to wait it out.

I didn't want to place an order from Roden Gray due to my last poor customer service experience with them (detailed further back in this post) but I placed a large order last night in order to take full advantage of the 15% off. I did get a lot - but it at least allowed me to save the $60 bucks or so that I spent on the w+h t-shirt I was sent with a prominent red stain on the front (fresh out of the box and photo documented). Hopefully this one comes through okay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads