• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is your style going?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Still in flux. Not sure where things are headed. I still have a couple competing modes that aren't resolving into one defined, focused style. Not sure if that should even be a goal. For now, I'm bouncing btwn loose-flowy and mod-minimal-neat. Colors are still tame across the board: navy, gray, black, some tan/olive and white.

I can see one day just going full 60s Ivy Look, but my current grooming would create a weird disconnect. I also risk looking like an insurance salesman.

Besides the crazy psychedelic print suit I just got, I'd say the above still holds true for me in 2014. it's kinda weird trying to resolve my disparate interests into a united look or style -- and sometimes I wish I had a more singular, consistent look. but clothes are sort of like music to me, can't always listen to the same thing everyday. :)

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's kinda weird trying to resolve my disparate interests into a united look or style -- and sometimes I wish I had a more singular, consistent look. but clothes are sort of like music to me, can't always listen to the same thing everyday.  :)</span>

Great analogy P... I could not agree more. I think it sometimes prevents me from posting other anomalous fits as they may come off as too all-over-the-place or lacking a consistent ethos. Not that one necessarily need have one, but I do admire some posters that do.

btw... you've posted plenty of great fits so keep it up and enjoy!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im doing the same thing as the last couple of years, but after many years of disliking black, the color has returned. Influences include Margaret Howell, black metal and being a balding (very soon finished) PhD in experimental psychology/cognitive neuroscience with a splash of behavioral ecology. Wool, boxy fits, dark colors, snarky attitude.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Minimalism and quality over quantity and design. Solid colors and the perfect fit.

+1.

Minimalism, quality, fit. Been exploring interesting but different colors like Yellow Mustard.

ShakeEmUp

Reaction score
Competing aesthetics that I'm still having trouble getting to come together, but that's the fun in it I guess. At a point where I have ideas of what I like but can't get them to come together that well.

Lately I've been trying to build clean and minimal fits (looks like that's what everyone else is saying) and noticed that I don't have much color in my wardrobe.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
recently I've been focusing also on matte textures. maybe it's just a fall/winter thing, but anything with any sort of shine or bright shades I've just become less interested in

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im doing the same thing as the last couple of years, but after many years of disliking black, the color has returned. Influences include Margaret Howell, black metal and being a balding (very soon finished) PhD in experimental psychology/cognitive neuroscience with a splash of behavioral ecology. Wool, boxy fits, dark colors, snarky attitude.

Exactly this still. Should add that long coats and black cord are important ingredients as well.

vlxvndr

Reaction score
Nice! I've never seen this thread and it'll allow me to share my dilemma and get it off my chest.

I think the direction I'm heading in is smaller/slimmer/skinnier is better than more relaxed. Some high fashion influence (honestly if I had the money, I would be buying a lot of SLP. Hooray for being a student with just a part time job!) with a dash of minimalism seen in brands like Acne Studios or Our Legacy. The dilemma comes in whenever I think about my future. At the moment I'm studying business, and having a suit is becoming more and more of a requirement. With my singular way of thinking, business style should be more conservative than anything form adhering like the style that does interest me now. Straight fits or at most slightly tapered.

This is my dilemma. I want to buy for my prefereed style, but occasionally my mind flips over and buys menswear that I find hard to incorporate anywhere else in my life. Sometimes the crossover works (topcoats, some button downs, the occasional sweater), but most of the time the styles are polarized from each other.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bump for an oldie but a goodie

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So where is it going?

Same as the last year/s here. I´ve rediscovered "workwear" a little, but now the European version (including blindly ordering clothes from weird french shops that sell actual work clothes). Heavy fabrics (cord/moleskin), loose fit, dark colors, I imagine Arvo Pärt working in his garden in the 60´s. Or Monty Don. Im not following any brands other than Our legacy who´s shirts I reallly like, and Margaret Howell which I wish I could afford.

Last edited:

Grintricha

Reaction score
same as last year: i bloody love melange
new: dobbie is my new thing to crave, the thought of a deep indigo dobbie's just given me a chubb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads