• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you consider to be good food?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... There are raw food body builders. When l initially went on a raw sprout diet l developed alot of muscle of my body; it was especially noticable on my arms. (Check out the works of Viktoras Kulvinskas, he is a raw food body builder....
Viktoras Kulvinskas: co-founder of Hippocrates Center along with co-quack Anne Wigmore. Also a minister of the Essene Church of Christ (..).
viktoras.jpg
He so ripped. Check this out: Essene Activity Marc's UK compatriots

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T4, I suggest replacing all the DMEM (or whatever else you fancy) in your cell cultures with a mixture of 50/50 Dextrose/Wheatgrass extract. Â The results are guaranteed to be amazing. Marc, Keep posting. Â At this point, its readily apparent that you have no background in the basic sciences, but I find the commentary on this thread quite humorous. Â I'm looking forward to the day when you can post the recipe for turning lead into gold.
Norcal... will do. I expect them to differentiate and say 'hi' after a day or two.
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
T4, I suggest replacing all the DMEM (or whatever else you fancy) in your cell cultures with a mixture of 50/50 Dextrose/Wheatgrass extract. Â The results are guaranteed to be amazing.
Isn't that how one of those Marvel supervillains was created? Dr. Wheatgrass or something?

marc37

Reaction score
(marc37 @ June 12 2005,09:27) Raj-man: funny you say that. Anne Wigmore did a simple experiment. She made up a variety of juices: wheatgrass juice, certain weed juices, barley grass, broccoli juices etc. Funny enough, the cats would only drink the wheatgrass juice. Maybe there is something in this - more than we though anyway. Maybe you could feed the RJ cat some wheatgrass.
I believe wheatgrass was sold to me as "cat grass" when I first took custody of the RJ cat. Â It did nothing for him. Â However, his ears are big so I guess that means he'll have long life or something.
People who have big ears have a huge health advantage over people with small ear lobes. Maybe the RJ cat didn't have enough wheatgrass juice to have a real major effect. As too the RJ cat having big ears, their is no evidence (as l know) that big ears on the RJ CAT would neccessarly mean better health. This has only been proven with humans.
biggrin.gif
P.S: why do you think that animals eat grass when sick. lt is because they (animals) instinctivelty know that grass is good for them. Try it, wheatgrass always makes one feel better over a period of a few months, Science can't prove why but our own bodies can feel the difference., Pleasse don't read too much into science, it is usually wrong and has alot to prove. Afterall, science and medicine can't even solve the common cold. Science is way off the mark. They have too many vested interests.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(norcaltransplant @ June 12 2005,11:17) T4, I suggest replacing all the DMEM (or whatever else you fancy) in your cell cultures with a mixture of 50/50 Dextrose/Wheatgrass extract. Â The results are guaranteed to be amazing.
Isn't that how one of those Marvel supervillains was created? Â Dr. Wheatgrass or something?
True.... but I think Marc's method is more direct... via thier cloaca Maxima
tounge.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....  Pleasse don't read too much into science, it is usually wrong and has alot to prove. Afterall, science and medicine can't even solve the common cold.

Science is way off the mark. They have too many vested interests.
Marc, elaborate and tell us why the common cold is difficult to cure.... do you even know what causes the cold?

btw. Science DOES know WHY it is difficult to cure.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
P.S: why do you think that animals eat grass when sick. lt is because they (animals) instinctivelty know that
grass is good for them.
I've read all kind of explanations, from "the succulent taste" onwards. The most believable, though, is that they eat the stuff to trigger vomiting. Having drunk wheatgrass I can empathize with them.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I can't name any highly-muscular vegans but certainly one can gain muscle mass very well on a less-restrictive ovo-lacto-vegetarian (eggs and dairy ok) diet. Bodybuilder Bill Pearl had much success on such a diet, winning many titles including Mr. America and Mr. Universe. He was 5'10" and 242 pounds at his 1971 Mr. Universe victory.
bp734um.jpg
Of course, vegan isn't quite the same thing as ovo-lacto-vegetarian.
Yes, and Bill Pearl was also famously on the first Gramabol cycle (i.e. over a gram of steroids per week). Amazing what a bit of Deca and D-bol will do to the vegans
tounge.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(RJMan @ June 12 2005,20:53) Â Having drunk wheatgrass I can empathize with them.
And what madness made you drink this concoction?
Ah, well, the "Dutch complaint". kidding. College friend.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
(Panzeraxe @ June 10 2005,11:47) Anyone ever seen a vegan that weighs over 180 with sharp, well-defined body? Let's try and remember that diet, like life, is all about balance. There is nothing inherently wrong with meat products, or "artifically-manufactured" protein shakes, the same that there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating fresh vegetables and fruits. Both have an important place in a healthy person's nutrional intake. Panzer
There are raw food body builders. When l initially went on a raw sprout diet l developed alot of muscle of my body; it was especially noticable on my arms. (Check out the works of Viktoras Kulvinskas, he is a raw food body builder. There are quite a few bodybuilders that have amazing success, l just can't think of them right now).  Panzer: YOU ARE DEAD WRONG, do some research at least. l am not going to waste too much of my time trying to talk ignorant people into the facts about health. Of course there is something wrong with meat products and protein shakes. They are very harmful to the body. Meat contains uric acid. lt takes the human body 2.5 days to rid itself of uric acid. Unfortunately, meat contains high levels of this substance. So if you eat meat 3 - 4 times a week, your body will never be able to rid itself of the uric acid because there will be a build up. Uric acid means complications absorbing bone strenthoning minerals such as calcium and magnesium etc. Protein shakes are highly acid to the body, hence they leach vital alkaline minerals to the body. YOU CAN'T HAVE A BALANCED DIET WITH COOKED FOOD. Cooking food destroys 85% of the digestive enzymes; this means that the body is forced to provide life force to be able to digest these foods. The LESS external enzymes that are used [from food], the shorter the life span. Also, cooked food acidifies the blood stream [which in time] leads to malnutrition. Why do you think 99.9% of people are nutritionally deficient??? Think about it. As for vegetables, there is alot wrong with them. Please read my previous posts about the danger of vegetables. Fruit is good but only if picked directly from the tree. Fruit is not fruit if it is bought from a supermarket. And saying fruit has nutritional importance is one of the sillyiest satements l have ever read. The facts= fruit is very low in nutrition, the only real benifet of fruit is that it has a hitgh vibration level which is of benifet to human health. No-one really knows why though. Fruits and nuts are high vibration foods. Panzer: you out of all the people on this forum has made the most foolish comments of all. You are making yourself really silly here. lf you persist with grossly uneducated views, l will ignore you in future. You ain't worth my time. Please be like T4phage and Norcaltransplant, at least they have done alittle research and come up with some intelligent questions. Also note: a diet high in  vegetables are benificial to health but we don't really know why. The same goes for wheatgrass. People criticise wheatgrass but they have obvioiusly never experimented with it like l have. Wheatgrass defies science. Science is not yet at the point that they understand such issues about wheatgrass juice. P.S: thankyou for taking an interest in this topic, l will answer more questions when l have time.
Jesus christ - are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? "Raw food" bodybuilders - as a former competitive bodybuilder myself let me educate you by pointing out that the vast majority of competitive bodybuilders are juiced to the gills.. Steroids increase protein absorbtion and nitrogen retention in humans (and yes, specfically vegan humans) by over 195%. Read any of Christian Thibadeua's research if you will. And what's this about Uric Acid? - sure animal meat contains uric acid but last I checked its simply a nitrogenous waste compound that is discarded by the human body among consumption. Plants also contain similar waste products, and they are discarded accordingly. The comment on meat consumption and "acidic" protein shakes is so marsupialed that I won't even deal with it. "You can't have a balanced diet with cooked food" - Wow. I'm so struck. Excuse me, I have to sneeze: Bulllshittt. Thank you. As supportive evidence of your pro-vegetarian stance, you point out that Meat is also devoid of key nutrients, such as fiber and vitamin C. Of course it is, but no meat eater, however fervent in his flesh-rendering ways, is stupid enough to suggest that meat and only meat should be eaten....you're as bad a nut as the hardcore meat eaters by saying that uncooked veggies and ONLY uncooked veggies should be eaten. In fact, anthropoligists have determined that humans physiology is geared towards meat consumption (along with veggies): 1. The human G.I. tract contains enzymes geared to breaking down animal tissue. 3. We possess incisors and canines"”them ain't for grinding grass, folks. 3. Our abundance of brain tissue is extremely metabolically demanding (consider blood flow, nutrient delivery, redundant systems to support it, etc.) "” so much so that meat appears to have been instrumental in allowing its development Man should not live by meat alone. I'm not claiming that a meaty diet can't become heinously unhealthy, but the same can be said for a meatless one. (Ever know one of those "vegetarians" who eat no actual vegetables but condemn you as they swill cheese puffs?) Anyway, this is the last time I'll respond to this moronic topic. Panzer

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
(marc37 @ June 12 2005,09:04) Of course urine contains high amounts of uric acid, that's why you only consume the mid stream of your urine. The uric acid is concentrated at the beginning of the urine stream.
So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong all these years.
BWAHAHAHA....

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(marc37 @ June 12 2005,09:04) Of course urine contains high amounts of uric acid, that's why you only consume the mid stream of your urine. The uric acid is concentrated at the beginning of the urine stream.
So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong all these years.
lol
biggrin.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc37,June 12 2005,09:27
P.S: why do you think that animals eat grass when sick. lt is because they (animals) instinctivelty know that grass is good for them.
My dogs like to eat grass and barf it up when they are seemingly perfectly healthy. Sometimes I assume they do it for the merry hell of it. I can remember Jessie, my Little Love Dog, (she was only 98 pounds, small for a Tosa) eating grass, barfing up a mess of grass and yellow bile and then immediately trying to lick a visiting pal of mine in the face as he strove to fend her off. Gotta run. Want to have a couple of hot dogs with ketchup and relish for lunch (honestly.).
devil.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(marc37 @ June 12 2005,11:39)
Originally Posted by RJMan,June 12 2005,11:17
Originally Posted by marc37,June 12 2005,09:27
P.S: why do you think that animals eat grass when sick. lt is because they (animals) instinctivelty know that grass is good for them.
My dogs like to eat grass and barf it up when they are seemingly perfectly healthy. Sometimes I assume they do it for the merry hell of it. I can remember Jessie, my Little Love Dog, (she was only 98 pounds, small for a Tosa) eating grass, barfing up a mess of grass and yellow bile and then immediately trying to lick a visiting pal of mine in the face as he strove to fend her off. Gotta run. Want to have a couple of hot dogs with ketchup and relish for lunch (honestly.).
devil.gif

don't forget the mustard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads