• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you eat daily?

otter

Reaction score
i have been pmed numerous times asking what my daily food intake well here is what i am currently eating i basically eat the same **** every day, as i am a creature of habit i tend to eat red 2-3 times a week . Tuna is a good choice, but i hate the smell,salmon maybe 3-4 times a week breakfast: soy and linseed cereal & skim milk soy & linseed bread banana protein shake and water lunch: red meat/kangaroo meat/fish/ckicken breast ( tenderloins) s & l bread banana/strawberries/apple salad/broccoli and 10-20 olives midafternoon: protein shake & water ( optional as i am skipping this lately) dinner: chicken/fish/lean red meat/kangaroo meat salad/broccoli and olives mid evening: chicken breast ( tenderloins) salad/broccoli/ 20 pitted olives bedtime: protein shake ( micellar) and skim milk 2 low calorie yogurts THIS IS MY LEANING OUT DIET i used to eat 6 meals a day, an extra shake,but have cut down to 5 meals if i want to increase my weight, i will add more complex carbs, good fats, bigger portion and some fruit nuts are calorie dense and are a great way to put on weight chicken tenderloins are very tender, and i usually buy in bulk the nutritional profile of kangaroo meat is very similar to fish, very low in fat

danilo

Reaction score
Isn't that alot of sugar for your bed-time meal? Skim milk & Yogurt I mean?

I don't know if we're all sharing here, but I will add what my diet looks like... I don't know if I'm eating the right stuff, or eating too often, or eating too much.

I'm basically 5'7 155lbs, I don't know what my BF% is, but I want to lean up, I've never had my abs show and I'd like to see em at least once in my life. I can lift OK for my weight. I also play racquetball for about 30 min after working out sometimes.

Bench press I can easily do 215lbs x 5 maybe a 225lb max?
Squat prob a 225lb max (I did 245 about 2 years ago) I've lowered weight to improve form.
Dead lift I've been able to do 225lb x 5, but I've lowered my weight to improve form.

On to my somewhat daily food intake, on the weekends this kind of changes a bit as I eat out more, but I generally try to stick to good eating.

Breakfast 8AM
Protein Shake- Skim milk, ON Whey Protein 1 scoop, 1 scoop of Oatmeal, 1 TBSP of nat. peanut butter, a pinch of flax seeds, 1/2 banana

Snack 10:30AM
A piece of fruit (apple or apricot), some cheese, maybe a couple of almonds

Lunch 12:00AM
Either a tuna sandwich on wheat bread, or some kind of leftover from last night's dinner, (turkey chili, chicken grilled with veggies... basically, some kind of protein, whole grains, and hopefully vegetables

Snack 3:00pm
Piece of fruit (apple or apricot), some almonds, maybe a small piece of dark chocolate

Pre work out protein shake 5:00pm
One scoop of ON whey protein and water.

Work out 6:30 - 7:30pm

Post workout shake 7:45pm

Dinner 8:00pm
Some kind of lean protein (pork tenderloin, lean ground beef, chicken, turkey or red meat), vegetables (green peppers, onions, tomatoes), 'good carbs' sweet potatoe or whole grain bread/pasta.

Bed time Snack 10:30pm
One grapefruit, 1 TBSP of nat. peanut butter, or maybe some almonds, maybe a small piece of dark chocolate.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the day. I'm getting better about it, but dinner always ***** me up.

Breakfast is consistently fat free unflavored yogurt with blueberries and granola.

Lunch is lean meat with some sort of cheese (roast beef with gouda or blue this week)

Post Workout is some sort of "gainer" protein mix with milk.

I need to get dinner and a my snacks figured out more consistently, because that's where I mess up if I do.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ill play.... this is what I had yesterday (Im 5'5" 130lbs):

breakfast
1 cup Special K protein plus cereal
3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup black coffee

lunch
6 prunes
1 ff yogurt
1 tbs peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
1 cup hot tea (black)
4 farmers eggs scrambled in 1tbs butter, pepper, kosher salt, 1 oz butter milk

dinner
1 cup southwest corn soup
1 chicken breast (poached), black pepper
2 tilapia filet cooked in 1 tbs olive oil, black pepper, 1 tbs parm cheese
1 cup hot tea (black)

danilo

Reaction score
/\\

you seem to eat alot in one sitting, I don't know what your goals are, but you could probably take some of those things and eat them in between (if that fits into your schedule)

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 1/4 litre cottage cheese, 2 pieces of bread (~50g protein total)
Lunch: 2 cans tuna (~60g protein), quinoa salad (way better cold)
Dinner: chicken breast / ground beef (love tacos) / chicken stir fry / pot roast / basically any kind of meat that i have cooked + rice or quinoa
Before bed: 1/4 litre cottage cheese, tbsp flaxseed oil

This way I get my daily protein intake (~180/day) and just eat whatever when I'm hungry. Just dirty bulking and getting fat (5'11" 180lb), probably already have close to 20%bf and am just gonna eat like hell until May or so and lean out. Don't have the patience for a ketogenic diet. Like today, got a craving for lunch and had a box of kraft dinner with 2 weiners instead of my quinoa. don't give a **** rarrggh

I take a multivitamin, fish oil, and green tea extract in the mornings

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
/\\

you seem to eat alot in one sitting, I don't know what your goals are, but you could probably take some of those things and eat them in between (if that fits into your schedule)

I actually do spread it out more, I had the fish around 9pm, and eggs Ill eat sometime between lunch and dinner. I think though volumetrics works more for me where Ill not eat all day and then fill up all at once rather than eat a little bit at a time...either way works but its nice to get all bloated sometimes.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yesterday...

6a
70g oatmeal
1T raisins
1 whole egg
6 whites

9a 4oz chicken breast, 1/2c brown rice, green beans

12p 4oz chicken breast, green salad with 1T Olive Oil & Vinegar

9a 4oz chicken breast, 1/2c brown rice, green beans

Workout with 30g XTend (BCAA's)

6p 70g oats with 30g protein blend, 1T raisins

9p 30g protein blend, 1T natty PB

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
m-f: 4 eggs with spinach tuna or salmon with spinach steak with nuts and mixed salad 2 shakes chicken breasts with lemon and arugula couple of handfuls of nuts saturday: pancakes hostess fruit pies twinkies burritos pizza tacos entenman's sunday: same as monday to friday with 100g additional complex carbs

otter

Reaction score
Isn't that alot of sugar for your bed-time meal? Skim milk & Yogurt I mean?
all this crap about not having carbs after a certain time is just that...CRAP

there are no credible studies that indicate why you shouldnt have carbs after a certain time

for my own amusement i tried limiting my carbs at night over a 8 week period , but kept my caloric input the same as when i had carbs at night...NO DIFFERENCE WHAT SO EVER

the reason you hear ppl say dont eat carbs at night is that they want you to limited caloric intake, thats all

i have maintained this eating plan for years, this is not a diet for me

sure i can cut out the yogurts and limit the olives...but i dont want to as i love them

i just make an allowance in my diet eg decrease portion sizes in other areas

BTW i have received numerous pms asking what cardio i do

i dont do any, i should for health reasons, but i control my fat levels purely by diet, and cardio will be incidental eg playing with kids and dogs, but mostly ******* my wife and going to all the swinging parties...now that is strenuous

IMPORTANT
some pple have trouble processing carbs, instead of using it as energy, it gets stored as fat. This can be tested for and changes in diet are required

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I get tested for 'trouble processing' and storing carbs as fat?

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
How do I get tested for 'trouble processing' and storing carbs as fat?

i expected that from you

some ppl have trouble processing protein or fats

and yeh, go and see your doctor

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i eat healthy.

breakfast:
-golean crunch w/ skim milk
-banana
-maybe a casein shake
-espresso and 2% milk

first lunch:
-lunchmeat and cheese sandwich on wheat bread
-orange

second lunch:
-grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomato "salad".
-more espresso and 2% milk

dinner:
-repeat of second lunch, except no espresso
-peanuts

other:
-50 g of whey protein after workout, which happens 3x a week
-creatine and multivitamin daily
-i drink a lot of water

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped drinking water 2 months ago.

I found no difference except I don't pee as much and Im not bloated. I drink a glass or 2 of water with meals a day and thats it, maybe half a glass during workouts too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads