• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the foods that burn belly fat for men?

palsoma76

Reaction score
I am male 5' 8" I weigh about 12 stones. I have a bit of belly fat and love handles, I would like to think that I eat right because I really very rarely eat junk food. Is there foods that I can concetrate on eating which target burning fats.

Here is some good tips i got

There are a good number of foods that can burn fats. Here are the list of foods that burn belly fat you may need to eat to burn off those fats. Here we go;

1. Oatmeal
Oatmeal is fibre-rich content which stays in your stomach for hours, they are great source of selinium and boosts immune system. Oats absorbs the LDL cholesterol, so called ‘bad’ cholesterol and flush it out from the body.

2. Almonds and Other Raw Nuts
Almonds and other raw nuts slim your belly by keeping it full. These nuts are rich in fats which are very useful to attack the bad fats within your body

3. Olive Oil
It has high proportion of monosaturated fats which is easily digestible and increases metabolism without piling transfats in the body.

4. Berries
Berries stuff a lot of filling fiber into a tiny package: Just one cup of raspberries has six grams.

5. Eggs
Eggs contain vitamin B12, which your body needs to metabolize fat.
6. Beans and Legumes
Beans are low-cal and packed with protein and fiber, which help you tone up and lose weight. Make a bean-heavy dish, such as burritos, instead of meat once a week. You'll cut a lot of saturated fat and replace it with fiber.

7. Grass Fed Meats and Fish
Your body burns more calories digesting protein than carbs or fat. Want the leanest meat out there? Grass fed meats contain useful fats which help your body to fight bad fats. For fish go for tuna and salmon; they are full of omega-3s, which help prevent stress chemicals that promote fat abs.

8. Whole Grains
The right kinds of carbs are actually good for you. Choose whole grains — their fiber keeps you from getting hungry.

9. Green Vegetables
Veggies like spinach and broccoli are loaded with fiber and very few calories. Have a salad before a meal and you'll be satisfied with smaller portions later.

10. Avocados
In addition to containing lots of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, avocados are a terrific source of filling fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), making them a great food for staving off hunger,

11. Water
It is easily available and is helpful in cleaning of the digestive system. Drinking water from time to time throughout the day helps in proper digestion of food and burning of fat.

12. Green tea or Ginger or Lemon tea
It contains a lot of antioxidants mainly catechins, which scavenges free radicals from the body. It also contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate which
reduces blood levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol which forms block in artery walls and thus prevents cardiovascular diseases. The
polyphenols in green tea dissolves triglycerides and helps in fat loss.

13. Edamame
These are soybeans which have been lightly boiled and salted. They are excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid and fiber. They do not
contain saturated fats, and also dissolves unwanted fats.

Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Losing weight of any kind is basically calories in, calories out. So long as your protein intake is okay it doesn't matter if your carb/fat intake is fudged a little, so eat what tastes good and is practical for you.

Tips for losing weight:
- Calculate your maintenance calories. Remove 500 calories from this number to lose 1lb a week.
- Try to get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight a day

Goodluck.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
um, yea, foods don't burn fat; your body does, and you only experience a net loss of fat when in a caloric deficit.

alexthephallus

Reaction score
You can't just target certain places for fat loss. You have to get your overall bf% down before you'll see a six pack, adonis belt, etc, along with more prominent facial aesthetics.

Eat either 500 cal below maintenance, or go into ketosis along with exercise and you should be burning weight like a mad man!

Bannar

Reaction score
Losing weight is a biggest issue among most of the fat people nowadays and it can be overcome by following a proper diet plan regularly and do some workouts daily.For burning body fats you should start eating raspberries and yogurt in the morning and drink green tea twice a day.

GGsquared

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There are no foods that burn belly fat. Actually there are no foods that burn fat. Adjusting your food intake can help you reduce your overall body fat. Liposunction is the only way to get rid of topical fat in the belly or elsewhere.

My advice: Reduce your body fat following a low carb high protein diet combined with muscle building exercise to maintain your muscles. After you reach optimum body fat, go for liposunction (if you still need it). Do not do it before losing your overall fat. Lipo is not an alternative to slimming down.

ballack72

Reaction score
Agree"Losing weight of any kind is basically calories in, calories out. So long as your protein intake is okay it doesn't matter if your carb/fat intake is fudged a little, so eat what tastes good and is practical for you.

Tips for losing weight:
- Calculate your maintenance calories. Remove 500 calories from this number to lose 1lb a week.
- Try to get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight a day"

Adriane

Reaction score
Hi Palsoma,
Very informative post and those who wants to burn belly fat must add these food in their daily meals. Like to add broccoli, whole grain bread. salmon fish, garlic/onions, chilies, lean chicken, low fat dairy, brown rice and citrus fruits.in the list also as they are also effective in burning belly fat.
http://sanantoniofitbody.com/

Last edited:
Reaction score
When it comes to foods that burn belly fat, my understanding is that these type of foods force the body to work harder to process them thereby resulting in calories being burned.

A simple example is a slice of bread vs a piece of meat. It won't take you much to process the slice of bread, hence you don't use up much energy. The piece of meat on the other hand has to be chewed, the stomach has to churned it, it has to be broken down and each stage uses up a significant amount of energy.

So by the end of the day, the piece of meat causes you to burn more calories than the bread ...

Of course it's somewhat different with the other food types, but I believe the principle is the same!

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When it comes to foods that burn belly fat, my understanding is that these type of foods force the body to work harder to process them thereby resulting in calories being burned.

A simple example is a slice of bread vs a piece of meat. It won't take you much to process the slice of bread, hence you don't use up much energy. The piece of meat on the other hand has to be chewed, the stomach has to churned it, it has to be broken down and each stage uses up a significant amount of energy.

So by the end of the day, the piece of meat causes you to burn more calories than the bread ...

Of course it's somewhat different with the other food types, but I believe the principle is the same!

But wouldn't the piece of meat have more calories itself than the piece of bread? :eh:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right, because bread doesn't have to be chewed, processed in the stomach, or broken down into glucose.

What you're saying is mostly correct, but poorly explained. What you're referring to is the thermic effect of food - the increase in metabolic rate due to processing food. Upwards of 30% of calories from proteins are used to process them, while <10% of carbs are used, and fats are some amount lower than that. This is partly why high-protein diets are recommended for fat loss. But this is all mostly irrelevant since TEF has nothing to do with targeting belly fat.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell is "12 stones"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads