• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you eat daily?

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
In the preparatory stages of glycolysis. Glucuse to G6P, the G6P to F6P (reversible and hence can be regulated). Fructose enters the reaction at this stage.

The next reaction is F6P to F1,6PP, which is irreversible. Hence fructose bypasses the regulatory mechanism in the first two reactions

haha googled, eh ?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and that was one of the points that they drummed into us. "The reaction of fructose-6-phosphate to fructose-1-6-biphosphate is catalysed by phosphofructokinase and is irreversible".

pretty much said it every ******* lecture.

most boring class of my life.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the preparatory stages of glycolysis. Glucuse to G6P, the G6P to F6P (reversible and hence can be regulated). Fructose enters the reaction at this stage.

The next reaction is F6P to F1,6PP, which is irreversible. Hence fructose bypasses the regulatory mechanism in the first two reactions.

It doesn't bypass anything. For one thing, F6P is the rate-limiter. It's irrelevant anyway, since both glucose and fructose (and other monosaccharides) can be converted into F6P and eventually into F1,6BP. And then all of this is even more irrelevant, since dpggmm and you are referring to fructose glycogenesis, and the reaction you're referencing here is glycolysis, its exact opposite.

Why? most people know that complex carbs are good, and simple sugars are bad. As a general rule there's nothing wrong with this.

'Good' and 'bad' in which way? From what perspective? For what person? To what effect? As a general rule it's atrocious and misleading.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
'Good' and 'bad' in which way? From what perspective? For what person? To what effect? As a general rule it's atrocious and misleading.

*Not Trolling*

If you were to write a general set of rules for the American, what would they look like? Is it something that you wouldn't do because the intricacies involved couldn't be explained or covered? I don't mean something like "Eat as many calories as you need in the form of whatever macronutrients are necessary to accomplish your goals."

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
*Not Trolling*

If you were to write a general set of rules for the American, what would they look like? Is it something that you wouldn't do because the intricacies involved couldn't be explained or covered? I don't mean something like "Eat as many calories as you need in the form of whatever macronutrients are necessary to accomplish your goals."

If I did, it would be a phrase like 'be healthy', which would solely function as satire. The problem most people have is a lack of perception and wit -- what I would call 'senselessness' -- and they don't even realize their lack of sense is perceivable to those that do have it. People don't have to understand the underlying chemistry or physiology or anything else related to weight loss. They need to perceive their world and understand the various aspects of it including the repulsive ones as well as the beautiful, and why they might perceive something one way instead of another. I won't go past that because the philosophy begins to expand indefinitely and abstractly...and I think I can hear Fuuma coming.
tongue.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far today...

630a 40g oats with 1T raisins, 50g whey blend, 1 egg, 5 whites
Workout at 730a with 30g BCAA's, creatine
PWO 40g oats with 1T raisins, 50g whey blend, 1T Natty PB

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheated a little this weekend but managed to not snack and just stick with my meals, which were breakfast and dinner.

Overall I think I managed to not exceed my new calorie intake by too much and still kept it lower than my previous calorie intake.

Today:

breakfast -
1 cup yogurt
1 banana

lunch -
turkey sandwich on whole wheat with swiss and mustard
1 serving cape cod reduced fat chips
broccoli and carrots with less than 1 serving of fat free ranch dressing

dinner -
undecided

Going to start burpees workout plan soon. Maybe today? Probably starting with descending sets of 5. Will do a few extra sets if I can.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cross posted with Conne's thread:
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So far today I've had: about a liter of coffee (no cream or sugar) a couple liters of tea (no cream or sugar) almost a pound of slow roasted pork (made myself last night) some veggie soup an apple multi + fish oil Discuss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads