• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you eat?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On weekdays my meals are all pretty much the same:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and eggs
Lunch: Turkey, roast beef, or tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese
afternoon: Fruit and cottage cheese
Finner: piece of meat, and veggies

Weekends I try to eat clean when I can but end up eating out with family/friends, drinking, etc.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
*****...right bros? high five!

Microsoft fist bump!

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple pounds of beef, pork, lamb or fish everyday, steak a couple times a week and lots of peppers and tomatoes and greek yoghurt. Sometimes I have some bread or pasta with it, probably a couple times a week.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I eat too much pasta, my wife is a good cook.

My weekdays are:
grapefruit
oatmeal with cinnamon and walnuts
peach or apple
raw broccoli
some sort of cold cut over a salad or 1 egg 3 egg whites with turkey bacon
whey shake or sunbutter on 1 pc whole grain toast
dinner is whatever the mrs is making (usually something with pasta and gravy - sauce as you folk call it) or we order middle eastern/greek
small piece of dark choc with almond and a sliver of crumb cake on occasion for dessert
drink 150 fl oz h2o and about 4 cups coffee black, glass or 2 red wine with dinner, plus 6oz of this allergy tea I have everynight with a teaspoon of organic honey

acularw

Reaction score
My staples:
Chicken, ground beef
Sweet potatoes (2lb per high carb day)
Brocolli, multiple frozen veggie mixes
Spinach
Canned tuna / salmon
Turkey bacon
Eggs
Oatmeal with honey
Cereal with protein powder in milk (on high carb days)
Cottage cheese mixed with mostly thawed frozen mixed berries (really look forward to this as a healthy dessert)
Lots of hot sauce....

Today I had ground lamb instead of ground beef. Wow, sooooo much better than ground beef. Brown in olive oil and add broccoli for a nice easy meal. Now if I only I could find it for less than $7.50/lb (farmer's market is quite a drain on the wallet if you aren't careful).

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One day:

Breakfast:
6 Egg whites for
2 packets of plain instant oatmeal
Banana
OJ
Water

1+ hours at the gym

Lunch:

Whey protein 20< after the gym
Pasta of some sort, I really like spinach pasta (on other days, 2 cans of tuna, a banana and 2 slices of whole wheat bread)
Glass of V8

Snack:

Whey protein
Big glass of V8
Sometimes I eat a banana or an apple or fat free yogurt
Some sort of healthy fat, normally I eat cocktail olives

Sometimes there is additional snack with protein

Dinner:

2 chicken breasts (or on other days super lean filet mignon)
An apple
Big to massive salad with a good selection of all vegetable colors.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I eat too much pasta, my wife is a good cook.

My weekdays are:
grapefruit
oatmeal with cinnamon and walnuts
peach or apple
raw broccoli
some sort of cold cut over a salad or 1 egg 3 egg whites with turkey bacon
whey shake or sunbutter on 1 pc whole grain toast
dinner is whatever the mrs is making (usually something with pasta and gravy - sauce as you folk call it) or we order middle eastern/greek
small piece of dark choc with almond and a sliver of crumb cake on occasion for dessert
drink 150 fl oz h2o and about 4 cups coffee black, glass or 2 red wine with dinner, plus 6oz of this allergy tea I have everynight with a teaspoon of organic honey

I wish I liked broccoli... its so unbelievably good for you.

acularw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I wish I liked broccoli... its so unbelievably good for you.

I am not a huge fan either but found I like it best when mixed with a bunch of ground beef/turkey and cooked in a skillet with olive oil. I get a lot of my vegetables that way (toss half a frozen bag of mixed veggies in once the meat is mostly cooked/browned). This way you can put all the garlic, hot sauce, or whatever spice you want on everything.

Now if only I actually knew how to cook..
laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ranger, Sunbutter is sunfower butter? I have started eating that recently, very nice.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I was thinking about this the other day, while not a vegetarian at all, I hardly eat red meat anymore, I hardly eat pasta or potatos, and almost no bread. so I started to think about what I do eat. if I were to look at a month at home (cause I do eat very differntly when I travel) here's sort of what a month would look like:

how about you? anything like this

Oatmeal with fruit every morning.

Usually peanuts in the morning.

Lately either pasta or Pizza to start lunch. Second varies more. Cheese,tuna,procuitto or something like pork chop.

Olives

Yogurt.

Add to that bread when needed.

Add a litre of coffee
peepwall[1].gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
Ranger, Sunbutter is sunfower butter? I have started eating that recently, very nice.

Yes, our son is one of those kids (epi-pen, allergic to just about everything) so we started giving him that, and guess what...daddy liked it too! I realy like the one with the little seeds mixed in with the butter. It's delicious! Expensve though (I think we pay $8 a container).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads