• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you consider to be good food?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(MPS @ May 28 2005,00:03) Marc, Doesn't your regular tipple give you "piss-breath"? Just curious.
Drinking my piss doesn't give me piss breath. My girl hasn't complained anyway. l must admit, she wasn't too keen about me when she first found out that l was drinking my piss but she is aware of the amazing research and experimentation l have done. l am abit of a legend is this part of the world. l am in the process of writing books but my daytime job and health consultations doesn't allow time me to finish them. One of my books is on the dangers of cooked food. lmagewise: stop wasting my time. This topic is in existance solely to educate my fellow man about health. Who cares who Ronny is, who cares if you are niave. Please: l welcome all the intelligent questions. Don't just write me off as a nut, l have acheived alot of amazing results through my health consultations. l have been offered consultancy jobs through large health food companies, unfortunately they won't pay me enough. l also advise health food companies on how to package their foods.
Marc, You're lack of argument to my posts are hilarious. You're short temper is an obvious sign that you have been drinking too much piss. Jon.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ImageWIS:
You're short temper is an obvious sign that you have been drinking too much piss.
.... and vinegar? Â
wink.gif
All quotes posted by Marc 37:
.... That's the whole point. Science might say that chloropyll is poorly absorbed, but how do they know.
By doing research that follows the scientific method and one who's results are verifiable and peer reviewed. Â Something you have no idea of.
The facts are that wheatgrass is 60% crude chloropyll ....
That is AMAZING..... but utter garbage.... the major constituent of wheatgrass is WATER.
Wheatgrass juice is having a powerful affect on alot of sick people. l think the human body absorbs more than once thought.
Mark, your anecdotal evidence is like saying: Most people who get breast cancer wear skirts.... so wearing skirts causes breast cancer...... UTTER IDIOCY. On Chlorophyll: General Overview of Cholorphyll in the diet (National Council Against Health Fraud) Barley Grass - supposed role against cancer (NCAHF) From the Nutrition Forum May 1997 issue: Amazing Claims for Chlorophyll From the Diabetes Resource Center: On Alternative Medicines: Dietary Supplements, Herbs and Hormones  General article Valleyskeptic: Alternative Medicine, the Million Dollar Hoax Masterb8man, please READ the links above... and especially these to understand the nature of science: Some notes on the nature of science Why extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof edit: Carl Sagan's Balony Detection Kit

marc37

Reaction score
l haven't read any of the material yet T4phage and all my other m8's. l am currently on holiday down at my holiday house on the coastline. Beautiful views of the ocean from all sides of the house. lt is my favourite place to be. Too good to be on the forum at the moment. l haven't seen another human being for a week. lt is gr8 m8. The town population of Kennett River is 1. On hot days you can walk naked down the path to the beach and never be noticed. lt is a real private place. Just like your own private beach. l think l might go golfing at Apollo Bay tomorrow (15 minutes away). l am starting to get alittle bored. l might even check out the social life and stay the night. l might even go jetskiing. l better mind those magic mushrooms growing in my front yard. Thanks for providing the info. l will read it soon and make further comments.
biggrin.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marc,

Epidemiological studies are notoriously difficult to conduct properly, and even than, even some very good studies have large flaws in them. In order to make the strong caims which you make, you would need not only to prove correlations (difficult enough as it is) but also causal relationships. You have done neither.

You have offered only anecdotal evidence, which is not very compelling for the reasons stated above. Because the human body is such a complex system operating in a very complicated environment, only a very rigorous study involving a large (i.e. statistically relevant) number of patients would be very convincing at all.

In all your posts, you have failed to provide evidence that you have ever looked at control groups (placebo effects are commonplace and well know), or considered other factors that may be important, environmental changes and changes in behaviour come immediately to mind.

I don't expect that this will happen, but I hope that you would understand *why* T4 and others, including me are skeptical of your claims.

BTW, and please do not take this as anything but me trying to understand you, but what is your level of formal education and training, and in what fields?

marc37

Reaction score
BTW, and please do not take this as anything but me trying to understand you, but what is your level of formal education and training, and in what fields?

Don't worry L.A Guy, l have nothing to worry about. l am very well educated [even though l don't always show it]. l actually had my l.Q tested when l was a kid. l was at genious level. l was dux of my college. l speak with much confidence because l know what l am talking about.

Studying used to be easy in my teens and twenties.

l don't act seriously because most people are boring because they appear [to me] unintelligent.

l act stupid because l get bored. lntelligence can often lead to bordum. Sorry about the spelling, intelligent people have more important things to worry about. Spirituality rules. l know most people on this board would not understand this. Afterall, materialism breeds unevolved soles. Who else but unevolved soles would appreciate such unimportant things such as suits and shoes. Eventhough l love shoes, at least l put them in there proper pospective, that's the whole point.

My education.

Nothing but educated at the best private schools in Australia.

Masters in Economics.

Masters in Science with a thesis in diet. l was always in trouble with my professors but my ability to argue strong arguements got me through. My personal experience through abolishing disease through diet is very good. That's why l have confidence in what l say. Science has yet to prove many things. Science is often wrong. Science doesn't understand the human brain and many other bodily functions. Science can't prove that wheatgrass kills cancer yet scientific studies show that cancer can't survive in the presence of oxygen. BTW, wheatgrass is one of the best sources of oxygen. (Sorry about the scientificf ignorance [l have forgotten all the terminology] but my studies have proved science to be iffy at best. l believe science is most often wrong. Of course it is, Science is only in it's infancy. Science knows nothing of quantum phyhics etc. l respect science to some degree but often [science as we know it] is way off the mark. We are trying but science still has alot to proove).

Sorry T4phage, science ain't all that. Why is it that science
people are so narrow minded.

marc37

Reaction score
When l was at school, l always found that science people were always good at maths and science but were never good at English. Science people have trouble expressing themselves. l have trouble respecting them. l think T4phage is one of the few intelligent people on this forum yet l wonder how good he did at English, Law, History and Politics. Maybe T4phage should be a doctor. LOL.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

gardel

Reaction score
Quackery, plain and simple.

If you want to convince people you are right, you'll need to start proving things yourself rather than discounting the science of others.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*yawn* who is the boring one here? you realize of course that he doesn't want to convince anyone of anything. he's just taking the piss. (sorry to rain on your parade, marc. so to speak.
wink.gif
) anyway, everybody knows that everything works backwards in australia, due to the coriolus effect. so just take everything marc says, and reverse it.
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marc, I think that your views on science are rather naive. From a utilitarian standpoint (no need to get into a protracted argument about metatheory here) it is not a perfect tool, but it happens to be a useful one. Moreover, it allows a basis for meaningful discourse, which is painfully lacking in this thread. Yes, science cannot *prove* many things. However, you certainly haven't provided better methodological tools. You cite personal experience and anecdotal evidence , both are suspect at worst, and to be viewed with extreme skepticism at best. Perhaps you could use logical tools to convince us that your views on diet are at least defensible, since apparently enough academics were sufficiently convinced by such for you to have obtained your Masters. I agree with you that many scientists are rather narrow-minded and have a limited understanding of areas of study beyond science. I think that the fact that so many scientists are atheists based on the fundamental inability to prove the existence of God shows that many scientists need to go back and read a little Augustine. Also, don't take it too much to heart when you are found to be a *genius* after taking a battery of tests. Trust me on this one.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I was thinking the same thing.

Besides, as the song goes, who wants to live forever?"

Reminds me of a movie I saw but can't remember the name of. A family reuinon occurs with family and friends. At the home of one of them whose family is in the mortuary business and there is a mortuary attached to the house. Some of the guys are looking at one of the cadavers being prepared. The cadaver died at something like 94. One of the young guys says "Who the hell wants to live to be 94?." Another guy looks at him and deadpans "93 year olds."

As for marc37's ideas: too extreme. I do avoid meats but love fish. I do cook food and get a lot of protein from soy sources. Make a great soy bean chili. Also make some of the recipes from the Diet for a Small Planet book. Although it's protein combo theories have been disproven, it still is worthwhile to avoid animal sources with all the steroids, etc.

Finally, if one were to only eat fast foods (a lot of ***** meats, etc) one would die younger than normal. And, I see no great pleasure from such a diet. Just see the movie Supersize me.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All posts by marc37:
Science people have trouble expressing themselves. l have trouble respecting them. l think T4phage is one of the few intelligent people on this forum yet l wonder how good he did at English, Law, History and Politics.
Very well thank you
wink.gif
l was dux of my college
Marc, that term is used in high school, not unis.
.... my ability to argue strong arguements got me through
Then by all means PLEASE display some of this acumen...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From Yahoo:

Cat Tips

Wheat Grass - Purina
Wheat grass is a safe and convenient source of enjoyment for your cat. They enjoy the succulent taste of the grass. You can grow wheat grass in a sunny window sill and let your cat graze as often as she desires. However, some house plants are toxic to cats, so be aware that cats can be attracted to them as well.

You like it the succulent taste of the grass marc?

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
This is the first time I have read this thread and the "advice" given by marc is laughable.

Marc's proposed diet is woefully short in protein (yes, I know that sprouts have protein but they are more difficult to digest and MUCH less per serving than milk/meat proteins). Anyone ever seen a vegan that weighs over 180 with sharp, well-defined body?

Let's try and remember that diet, like life, is all about balance. There is nothing inherently wrong with meat products, or "artifically-manufactured" protein shakes, the same that there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating fresh vegetables and fruits. Both have an important place in a healthy person's nutrional intake.

Panzer

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All posts by marc37:
Quote:
Science people have trouble expressing themselves. l have trouble respecting them. l think T4phage is one of the few intelligent people on this forum yet l wonder how good he did at English, Law, History and Politics.
Very well thank you
wink.gif
l was dux of my college
Marc, that term is used in high school, not unis.
.... my ability to argue strong arguements got me through
Then by all means PLEASE display some of this acumen...
Stop asking him for facts, you will not get any. He has pissed away all credibility (if he ever had any to begin with). Can you imagine what his breath smells like? Egads man. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads