1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you consider to be good food?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by marc37, Jun 23, 2004.

1. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

All posts by marc37:
    Very well thank you [​IMG] .
    Marc, that term is used in high school, not unis.
    Then by all means PLEASE display some of this acumen...

2. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

From Yahoo:

Cat Tips

Wheat Grass - Purina
    Wheat grass is a safe and convenient source of enjoyment for your cat. They enjoy the succulent taste of the grass. You can grow wheat grass in a sunny window sill and let your cat graze as often as she desires. However, some house plants are toxic to cats, so be aware that cats can be attracted to them as well.

You like it the succulent taste of the grass marc?

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

LMFAO

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jon.

4. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

This is the first time I have read this thread and the "advice" given by marc is laughable.

Marc's proposed diet is woefully short in protein (yes, I know that sprouts have protein but they are more difficult to digest and MUCH less per serving than milk/meat proteins). Anyone ever seen a vegan that weighs over 180 with sharp, well-defined body?

Let's try and remember that diet, like life, is all about balance. There is nothing inherently wrong with meat products, or "artifically-manufactured" protein shakes, the same that there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating fresh vegetables and fruits. Both have an important place in a healthy person's nutrional intake.

Panzer

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Science people have trouble expressing themselves. l have trouble respecting them. l think T4phage is one of the few intelligent people on this forum yet l wonder how good he did at English, Law, History and Politics.
    Very well thank you [​IMG] .
    Marc, that term is used in high school, not unis.
    Then by all means PLEASE display some of this acumen...
    Stop asking him for facts, you will not get any. He has pissed away all credibility (if he ever had any to begin with). Can you imagine what his breath smells like? Egads man. Jon.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hear, hear. For the record, my natural weight, on a reasonable workout schedule, varies around 165, but has gone down under 150 when running long distances, and up to 178 when I was lifting a lot and doing a lot of martial arts. I could definitely stand to get more cut; but I have never met a vegan whom I couldn't reasonably snap in half in short order.

7. gardel

gardel Well-Known Member

I can't name any highly-muscular vegans but certainly one can gain muscle mass very well on a less-restrictive ovo-lacto-vegetarian (eggs and dairy ok) diet. Bodybuilder Bill Pearl had much success on such a diet, winning many titles including Mr. America and Mr. Universe. He was 5'10" and 242 pounds at his 1971 Mr. Universe victory. [​IMG] Of course, vegan isn't quite the same thing as ovo-lacto-vegetarian.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Duh...

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

Of course, vegan isn't quite the same thing as ovo-lacto-vegetarian.
    Duh...
    the bodybuilding sport wouldn't be the same without the whey and casein protein industries. i daresay most bodybuilders get at least half of their proteins from whey (or casein if they're lactose intolerant).

10. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by imageWIS:
    [​IMG] BUT he claims so many things.... I just want him to post some facts that we can play around with..

11. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l'm still on holidays so l haven't made much time for the forum. l will provide some explainations soon.

l haven't read all of the material you have provided me with yet, but l must admit, the stuff l have read [so far] is not valid at all. Eg, saying that grass eating animals should be disease free [according to me] is totally wrong. You have to remember that grass can be deficient in nutrients as well.  So it is highly possible that grass eating animals can get cancer as well, even though grass has the potential to kill cancer. Remember: if the nutrients (like minerals) are not in the soil then they are not in the grass. l highly advise everyone to soak wheat grain in kelp water before sprouting; this helps supliment the nutrients that are not available in the soil. Sea vegables and algae are the only real reliable sources of nutrition but the good side is that they can be fertilized to suplement land vegitation.

lf the animals ate grass from highly mineralized soil then they wouldn't get disease.

Just another quick thing, wheatgrass is high in oxygen. When the bloodstream contains high levels of oxygen, cancer can't survive. Scientific testing has proved that cancer cells can't survive in the presence of oxygen.

l really don't know why you have all these doubts. My experiments have convinced me of the good benefits of wheat grass juice. l suspect that many of these sceptics who have written all these articles against wheatgrass have some financial interest invested in drugs and other medications. l will certainly be doing my research to find out more about these so called PhD experts.

And as for Panzers statement about raw food not having enough protein, that is ridiculous. lt is such a stupid statement that l shouldn't waste my time arguing about it. But l can perfectly understand why he would come to such silly conclusions, l used to be the same. l used to always worry about getting an adequate amount of protein. ln a short time l will completely destroy Panzers argument about protein. He obviously doesn;'t have a clue but l will be patient and answer his questions when l am in the right frame of mind. l will say though, wheatgrass and other sprouts are low in protein but are high in predigested protein. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. Just another quick point; cooking destroys about 65% of the protein in food anyway. (l will try and find the scientific testing to prove this). That's why we have to poo so much - much of the food we consume is turned into putrid matter (poo)  because all the undigested protein is unutilized.

l will comment more later when l have time.

12. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Never eat these: [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. marc37

marc37 Senior member

There are raw food body builders. When l initially went on a raw sprout diet l developed alot of muscle of my body; it was especially noticable on my arms. (Check out the works of Viktoras Kulvinskas, he is a raw food body builder. There are quite a few bodybuilders that have amazing success, l just can't think of them right now). Panzer: YOU ARE DEAD WRONG, do some research at least. l am not going to waste too much of my time trying to talk ignorant people into the facts about health.

Of course there is something wrong with meat products and protein shakes. They are very harmful to the body. Meat contains uric acid. lt takes the human body 2.5 days to rid itself of uric acid. Unfortunately, meat contains high levels of this substance. So if you eat meat 3 - 4 times a week, your body will never be able to rid itself of the uric acid because there will be a build up. Uric acid means complications absorbing bone strenthoning minerals such as calcium and magnesium etc. Protein shakes are highly acid to the body, hence they leach vital alkaline minerals to the body. YOU CAN'T HAVE A BALANCED DIET WITH COOKED FOOD. Cooking food destroys 85% of the digestive enzymes; this means that the body is forced to provide life force to be able to digest these foods. The LESS external enzymes that are used [from food], the shorter the life span. Also, cooked food acidifies the blood stream [which in time] leads to malnutrition. Why do you think 99.9% of people are nutritionally deficient??? Think about it.

As for vegetables, there is alot wrong with them. Please read my previous posts about the danger of vegetables. Fruit is good but only if picked directly from the tree. Fruit is not fruit if it is bought from a supermarket. And saying fruit has nutritional importance is one of the sillyiest satements l have ever read. The facts= fruit is very low in nutrition, the only real benifet of fruit is that it has a hitgh vibration level which is of benifet to human health. No-one really knows why though. Fruits and nuts are high vibration foods.

Panzer: you out of all the people on this forum has made the most foolish comments of all. You are making yourself really silly here. lf you persist with grossly uneducated views, l will ignore you in future. You ain't worth my time. Please be like T4phage and Norcaltransplant, at least they have done alittle research and come up with some intelligent questions.

Also note: a diet high in  vegetables are benificial to health but we don't really know why. The same goes for wheatgrass. People criticise wheatgrass but they have obvioiusly never experimented with it like l have. Wheatgrass defies science. Science is not yet at the point that they understand such issues about wheatgrass juice.

P.S: thankyou for taking an interest in this topic, l will answer more questions when l have time.

14. RJman

Ummmm... it's been a while since my college biochem and physiology classes, but doesn't urine contain high amounts of uric acid?  So people drinking it are poisoning their own bodies?

Anyhow, my weekend is complete. Marc has posted on this thread.

15. marc37

marc37 Senior member

(marc37 @ June 12 2005,08:16) Of course there is something wrong with meat products and protein shakes. They are very harmful to the body. Meat contains uric acid. lt takes the human body 2.5 days to rid itself of uric acid. Unfortunately, meat contains high levels of this substance. So if you eat meat 3 - 4 times a week, your body will never be able to rid itself of the uric acid because there will be a build up. Uric acid means complications absorbing bone strenthoning minerals such as calcium and magnesium etc.
    Ummmm... it's been a while since my college biochem and physiology classes, but doesn't urine contain high amounts of uric acid? Â So people drinking it are poisoning their own bodies? Anyhow, my weekend is complete. Â Marc has posted on this thread.
    Of course urine contains high amounts of uric acid, that's why you only consume the mid stream of your urine. The uric acid is concentrated at the beginning of the urine stream.

16. RJman

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong all these years.

17. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Raj-man: funny you say that. Anne Wigmore did a simple experiment. She made up a variety of juices: wheatgrass juice, certain weed juices, barley grass, broccoli juices etc. Funny enough, the cats would only drink the wheatgrass juice. Maybe there is something in this - more than we though anyway.

Maybe you could feed the RJ cat some wheatgrass.

P.S: some of my m8s and l often have wheatgrass parties.

Wheatgrass does improve health for some reason but we cannot specify why it has benificial effects. All l know is that it has had enormous health healing properties. Even of science dissagrees, it can't be denied that the human body absorbs this substance to a hughly benificial on health. WHY? lt could be many reasons, some of which l have stated.

lf anyone doubts me, try wheatgrass and sprouts for themselves. lt improves physical health and mental health.

18. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Masterb8man: 1) Where is the link that I provided that said Grass eating animals should be disease free????? That sounds like your type of quackery. 2) Marc, what do you mean by "Wheatgrass is high in oxygen"?? You have data that shows that wheatgrass and it's extract are high in dissolved O2? Do you realize what happens if there is too much oxygen in your system? 3) What do you mean by "Cancer cells cannot survive in the presence of oxygen"? A pure oxygen environment? Dissolved oxygen? Marc, in my lab we have several cancer cell lines so I know what garbage you are spewing. 4) What do you mean by wheatgrass being "high in predigested" protein? Who predigested it? Do you get your wheatgrass juice from the stomach of a cow?

19. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

T4, I suggest replacing all the DMEM (or whatever else you fancy) in your cell cultures with a mixture of 50/50 Dextrose/Wheatgrass extract. The results are guaranteed to be amazing. Marc, Keep posting. At this point, its readily apparent that you have no background in the basic sciences, but I find the commentary on this thread quite humorous. I'm looking forward to the day when you can post the recipe for turning lead into gold.

20. RJman

I believe wheatgrass was sold to me as "cat grass" when I first took custody of the RJ cat. It did nothing for him. However, his ears are big so I guess that means he'll have long life or something.