• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
No, Coors Light is more like a "I'm a poor college kid who just got my $7/hr paycheck today." The poor kid with no money drinks Milwaukee's Best Light, Natty Light, or Schlitz. At least those were what I drank in college when I had no money nyway.

Originally Posted by topbroker
I think that Rolling Rock fills that bill much, much better. There's a reason it was a cult beer for a long time before it went mass. Although not a challenging beer, it has a pleasantly distinctive taste.

Okay okay let me rephrase. It was the first cheap beer I tried that I actually liked, so I stopped trying more and now it's my go-to. Man, ya bunch of pedantics!
tounge.gif

topbroker

Reaction score
Speaking of go-to beers -- when I find myself in Wisconsin bars where I cannot rely on any offbeat beers being stocked in bottles or on tap, I go to Leinenkugel's Red, which is almost always on hand because it is local semi-mass product. Beck's Dark used to be a go to for me in certain variety-challenged bars back in the Eighties, when Heineken and Beck's were the most commonly stocked international beers. Rolling Rock can still serve as a stand-by in a pinch. I liked Michelob in college, too, but I outgrew it.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not right now, but I drank a 750ml of Val Dieu Tripel last night. It poured a weak head, but it was pretty good in all other respects.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
Wow, Piobaire, you're killing me with the Caymus. That's one of my favorites.

Tonight I'm just polishing off what's in the fridge: Coors Light. Not my favorite, by far, but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I'd never drank much Coors before.

Just got a job offer yesterday, so hopefully I can start back on the good bourbon and rich red wines soon.

Yup, Caymus is some good grape juice
smile.gif
G'luck on the job, hope you are flashing bottles of some good stuff soon.

We finished the night last night with a bottle of this:

DSC00484.jpg

Can't buy it in stores, highly allocated list right from the wine maker.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I scored today while we were out at a tasting. They had three bottles of this in their "Bargain Bin" for $25 each! That's over 50% off going retail, so I bought all three and plan to pop them tonight over dinner with friends.

DSC00507.jpg

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have some Jamesons, but its a pretty warm day today (hope it sticks until fall!) and its feeling like a nice cold beer. Dunno what yet, though. Will probably swing by the liquor store after my run tonight.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
That's my go-to "I'm a poor college kid with no money and just want to drink" beer.

Bingo.

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
No, Coors Light is more like a "I'm a poor college kid who just got my $7/hr paycheck today." The poor kid with no money drinks Milwaukee's Best Light, Natty Light, or Schlitz. At least those were what I drank in college when I had no money nyway.

Actually it's $7.25 an hour, thank you very much!
smile.gif
Thank god for the new job.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yup, Caymus is some good grape juice
smile.gif
G'luck on the job, hope you are flashing bottles of some good stuff soon.

Thanks! It certainly won't afford me much of a collection, but I might have to pick up a bottle of the '04 Caymus Cab to celebrate my first check. I first tried it in the Dulles airport's Vino Volo and was hooked.

On topic: tonight I downed three double douces of Labatt in tribute to my fiancee (she's Quebecois) and finished it off with the last Coors Light. Cold, cheap, delicious. May not be fine brews, but both styles went down easily and erased the memory of my shift at work today.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imgp3273se1.jpg
Went for a run, swung by the liquor store and found 710ml heineken was on sale, so grabbed one. Got into a little rift with the girlfriend, but worked it out. Took a guzzle of Jameson to relieve myself of that, and now having the Heine. A bit more than usual, but I've got a 2 week break as of this past Friday before I start my career full time for the rest of my life, I think a little indulgence is warranted. Was going to review my notes for my exam Monday, but screw it, its just Sociology and all I need to do is pass.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We had a couple over for dinner and it seems he brought two Ashtons for us to smoke outside after dinner. A nice mild smoke so I broke out:

DSC00503.jpg

Not bad, went with the cigars nicely.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
We had a couple over for dinner and it seems he brought two Ashtons for us to smoke outside after dinner. A nice mild smoke so I broke out:

DSC00503.jpg

Not bad, went with the cigars nicely.

Do you find that when smoking cigars, you need a powerful drink? It seems like when I'm smoking, I can't taste it very well or appreciate it unless it's pretty strong.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Do you find that when smoking cigars, you need a powerful drink? It seems like when I'm smoking, I can't taste it very well or appreciate it unless it's pretty strong.

Port was made to go with cigars. Ashtons are nice mild ones too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads