• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speyburn 10y. Went to the liquor store for one of Teachers/White Horse, noticed it was on sale for $25, $5 more then I was spending, and was curious as to what a 10 single malt at that price point was like.

Well, for $25 I don't regret it. It's not bad, but it's not really good either.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is Barritts real ginger beer, or carbonated ginger flavoured sugar water?

not for sure but seems like the latter...

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not for sure but seems like the latter...

See if you can get hold of some Bundaberg Ginger Beer. It's naturally brewed (although has added carbonation) and tastes great. I don't think they use proper ginger beer plant (yeast/bacteria symbiote) just yeast but the result is very nice.

alexg

Reaction score
Any ideas for cocktails with either limoncello or arancello? I just made a batch of each and don't feel like drinking it all straight. I'm planning on using some for sangria, but other than that I have no clue.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fizzes are long drinks. Plenty of options there when it comes to rum.
I'm talking about primarily rum, with a few modifying ingredients.

If you measure the liquid, yes. But given that you don't add ice, it's not suitable for slow sipping. But you're right, I just thought it would be a good cocktail/longdrink for you to at least try.

Last edited:

alexg

Reaction score
This doesn't really warrant a separate thread, but I just got my first Boston shaker, and it leaks every time I try using it. I'm putting the liquid into the glass, then putting the metal piece on top at an angle and hitting it down, and it leaks through the more flat part between the metal and glass. I don't think it has anything to do with my shaking, because it leaks also when I just hold the shaker on its side. Is it a problem with my shaker or me? I've mainly been trying dry shakes, because most shaken drinks I make have egg white, but it leaks with ice too.

themaninasuit

Reaction score
Hi,
While i have collected scotch for several years and am well aware of plenty that suit my tastes, I have recently discovered the joy that is high quality sipping rum. I have enjoyed both the ron zacapa xo and 23yr as well as diplomatico and barbancourt. Can anyone give me some tips on some others to add to my collection as this is fast becoming my favoured drink! Although they wont be touched this month as doing dry july!!

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This doesn't really warrant a separate thread, but I just got my first Boston shaker, and it leaks every time I try using it. I'm putting the liquid into the glass, then putting the metal piece on top at an angle and hitting it down, and it leaks through the more flat part between the metal and glass. I don't think it has anything to do with my shaking, because it leaks also when I just hold the shaker on its side. Is it a problem with my shaker or me? I've mainly been trying dry shakes, because most shaken drinks I make have egg white, but it leaks with ice too.

It sometimes happens with mine too (Carl Mertens). What you can try is popping them together in a slightly crooked angle. You can also try hitting a little harder. And most importantly, press them together while shaking, this will close it either way. What I have seen some people do is mix the ingredients in the glass, put the ice in the metal part, fill the liquid in the metal part, hit em together. I think it works a little better that way (obv. just works when you use ice).
I'd appreciate if someone like H would share their tricks of the trade! :)

Had an Old Fashioned last night.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics