What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ama

ama Senior member

My peanuty Noah's Mill. Almost done with the bottle unfortunately, I like this odd flaw in it.

2. Listi

Listi Senior member

Rodenbach Grand Cru

Found it a few months ago, after having had it once in a brew pub. Excellent...........

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Wisers Canadian Whiskey.

Earlier, a coors light and two local microbrew pale ales.

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Doppel-hirsch It's not very good. [​IMG] Some German doppel-bock, boozy and sweet, no real interesting characteristics.

5. milosz

milosz Senior member

A glass of Suntory Yamazaki 12-year.

6. ama

ama Senior member

A glass of Suntory Yamazaki 12-year.

Good stuff! I'm drinking some of the 18 now.

7. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Glenlivet Nadurra

8. tricota

tricota Senior member

A St. Feullien cuvÃ[​IMG]e de NoÃ[​IMG]l with my dinner. Very good. So good in fact, half way through, I almost forgot about dinner and just enjoyed the beer...

9. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

Excellent scotch tasting last night. There were 3 flights, each containing three whiskies from the same distillery, distinguished by one characteristic.

The first flight was Glenmorangie, and the theme was wood. We tasted the 10 year traditional (bourbon barrels), then the Astar (specially picked American oak casks) and finally the Sonnalta (PX sherry casks).

The second flight was Highland park, and the theme was time. We tasted a Macphail's selection 8-year (the peat really comes through), the classic 18 year and then (!) a 33 year that was absolutely stunning.

The third flight was from Caol Ila and the theme was malt. The first was an unpeated 10-year, the second and third were both peated. I'll have to double-check my sheet on the last two, because my memory from that point in the evening is a little spotty.

It was a phenomenal tasting. Really informative, got to taste some amazing whiskies. Ended up buying a bottle of the 8-yr Macphail's HP and a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 yr bourbon. I may post some notes later on.

10. ama

ama Senior member

Excellent scotch tasting last night. There were 3 flights, each containing three whiskies from the same distillery, distinguished by one characteristic.

The first flight was Glenmorangie, and the theme was wood. We tasted the 10 year traditional (bourbon barrels), then the Astar (specially picked American oak casks) and finally the Sonnalta (PX sherry casks).

The second flight was Highland park, and the theme was time. We tasted a Macphail's selection 8-year (the peat really comes through), the classic 18 year and then (!) a 33 year that was absolutely stunning.

The third flight was from Caol Ila and the theme was malt. The first was an unpeated 10-year, the second and third were both peated. I'll have to double-check my sheet on the last two, because my memory from that point in the evening is a little spotty.

It was a phenomenal tasting. Really informative, got to taste some amazing whiskies. Ended up buying a bottle of the 8-yr Macphail's HP and a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 yr bourbon. I may post some notes later on.

Sounds like an awesome tasting. Who put it on? Binny's? I'd love to see some tasting notes if you get around to it, looks like you tasted some good stuff.

11. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Cosmopolitian and Flora's Own
    Receipe for Flora's Own from Cocktail Virgin

[​IMG]Cosmopolitan

[​IMG]Flora's Own

12. aKula

aKula Senior member

Francois Voyer Napoleon. Just got home from the opera and going to relax and read a little.

13. Astan

Astan Senior member

Knob Creek. And its surprisingly good... and strong...

14. why

why Senior member

Some very good grappa.

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Some very good grappa.
    Lovely! Whose, may I ask? I drink a lot of Poli.