• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indesertum is correct. However, the Brenne is average, at best. A bit cloy. Was a gift, which I break out every now and then when I notice it at the back of the cupboard. Still enjoyable tho.

Last edited:

gjk5

Reaction score
Four Roses Single Barrel, ice ball

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bitter Valentine:

1.5 oz rye
O.5 oz aromatic rum (Ango single is nice)
0.375 Tempus Fugits creme de cacao
O.75oz Punt e Mes
O.25 oz Turin sweet vermouth
A few drops aromatic or natural chocolate bitters (Aphrodite, Mole, not Fee's Aztec)

Stir and serve up with flamed orange peel.

- H

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3-2-2 Margarita (tequila-lime-triple sec) up with guacamole. Having chili for dinner, but will switch to beer for that.

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Bitter Valentine:

1.5 oz rye
O.5 oz aromatic rum (Ango single is nice)
0.375 Tempus Fugits creme de cacao
O.75oz Punt e Mes
O.25 oz Turin sweet vermouth
A few drops aromatic or natural chocolate bitters (Aphrodite, Mole, not Fee's Aztec)

Stir and serve up with flamed orange peel.

- H

Yum.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Summer survival kit. Come home bush fires close by yesterday 36c today 38c. Thank the gods for quinine.

Tonight
Tasmanian Bay of Fires 2014 Pinot Noir

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bundaberg Rum Small Batch Vintage Barrel with a lot of ice, lime and fever tree cola. Probably the first of many tonight.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2.5 oz La Quintinye Blanc
0.5 oz Cointreau
2-3 dashes Angostura

some call it a "L'Orangerie". It's pretty good, but better with a dash or two of lemon juice and finished with a lemon twist, imo.

Last edited:

marvin100

Reaction score

2.5 oz La Qintinye Blanc
0.5 oz Cointreau
2-3 dashes Angostura

some call it a "L'Orangerie". It's pretty good, but better with a dash or two of lemon juice and finished with a lemon twist, imo.

Tell me about the vermouth...

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found something nice and simple to do with yellow chartreuse. Bartender calls it "All Betts Are Off:" http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...-beginners-chartreuse-dolin-drink-recipe.html

• 1.5oz mezcal
  • .75 yellow chartreuse
  • .75 Dolin blanc
  • 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
  • grapefruit twist

I'm sure grapefruit bitters would be better but I didn't have any so I used orange. I did have the grapefruit itself so I gave the peel the spray treatment and dropped it in.

Last edited:

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the few mezcal mixed drinks I've had but I still prefer to drink it as is. There was one failed drink actually, in New Haven where Bar served me a scotch and mezcal spirits driven drink. Yuck.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene