• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't think Ian was talking about the size of cuffs but rather their extreme height above the ground. Cuffs at that height look good when you're out digging for clams at low tide, but the rest of your outfit doesn't fit that particular vibe.
Sorry if I misinterpreted you, Ian.

Nope. Spot on TB. Vive le difference I suppose.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Houston is much hotter than Arizona. Sure, the temperature might be hotter in Arizona, but the humidity is much lower.

The secret is to never go outside. Ever.

drichards2013

Reaction score
Me today.Trying my best, and making do with what I have.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope. Spot on TB. Vive le difference I suppose.

Hmm, gotcha. May try a smaller cuff tomorrow to play with the stance of height on chinos. Planning on wearing another printed shirt.

The shirt is pretty thin and it kept me cool all day today. The temperature should've been in the triple digit mark already, but it was only in the mid 80s today.

Yeah, NYR....I'm only 26, man. Dressing like this already put me in the old man zone accordingly to some of my friends my age. I can't go full LL Beans& Tommy Bahana yet.

The leg openings are 7.5", which is around what I prefer. I have a pair of pants that are tapered more aggressively to 7". I can't even roll up the pants to put on the socks because the pants get stuck around my calves, haha.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me today.Trying my best, and making do with what I have. 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Great start for a high school kid, you'll be a pro in no time. I was wearing super baggy clothes during my time in high school :embar:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Houston is much hotter than Arizona.  Sure, the temperature might be hotter in Arizona, but the humidity is much lower.

The secret is to never go outside.  Ever.

Since we are talking about humidity here...in H-town, does your glasses fog up when you go outside from an ice cold building?

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about humidity here...in H-town, does your glasses fog up when you go outside from an ice cold building?
Yes. Everything fogs up. Public buildings are often kept at fridged temperatures, but even when exiting a mere 75 degree F building your glasses will fog up because the humidity outside is usually 100%.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

U immediately start sweating once u step out in Houston heat.
By the way CD Hagg I'm gonna be in Houston this week
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

We can meet up and sweat together :nodding: I'll bring matching headbands. You bring the tube socks. I plan on going to H-town to see a friend, perhaps now I'll wait until the end of the year as oppose to next month.

It sounds like my home country in South East Asia. Places with high humidity were not meant to be for fashion/style aficionados.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U immediately start sweating once u step out in Houston heat.
By the way CD Hagg I'm gonna be in Houston this week
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I compassionate thee. No man should ever have to experience such torture.
frown.gif

That being said, you used to live in H-town, right? If you have time, and you like coffee, you should stop by Catalina. It's only been around for a few years. Best coffee in Houston, and you'll love the hipsters who work there and the artwork on the walls.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll bring the perfume bottles. We can bottle our sweat, and market it as the scent which captures the essence of the virile Houston male.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I compassionate thee. No man should ever have to experience such torture.
frown.gif

That being said, you used to live in H-town, right? If you have time, and you like coffee, you should stop by Catalina. It's only been around for a few years. Best coffee in Houston, and you'll love the hipsters who work there and the artwork on the walls.

It's gonna be a quick trip but if there is time we should def meet up.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's gonna be a quick trip but if there is time we should def meet up.
When you gonna be here?

I won't be availble for anything until the weekend probably, but ya it'd be cool to grab some coffee and chill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads