• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
9CC5C17F-71A6-48A9-B61A-3A89E0C67781.jpeg
314504DA-5AD2-4F4D-A45F-D5099D9538EF.jpeg

donny5

Reaction score
Slightly less tapered chinos than my fits last week, what do we think? I reckon they are baggy but happy to be convinced as they are a really soft cotton and I like them!

20200907_115252.jpg

20200907_115318.jpg

Boss
Paul Smith
Boss
Clarks

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly less tapered chinos than my fits last week, what do we think? I reckon they are baggy but happy to be convinced as they are a really soft cotton and I like them!

View attachment 1454189

View attachment 1454188

Boss
Paul Smith
Boss
Clarks

Baggy?? No, they're much better. There is something odd going on with your jacket shoulders though.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but if you have one of those shirt sleeves with two buttons: pick the buttoning point at the correct circumference for you, and cut the other one off.

donny5

Reaction score
Baggy?? No, they're much better. There is something odd going on with your jacket shoulders though.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but if you have one of those shirt sleeves with two buttons: pick the buttoning point at the correct circumference for you, and cut the other one off.

Good point about the buttons! With the shoulders it might just be the way I'm holding my phone up is causing some bunching, I'll try to get someone to take a photo next time I wear this jacket. Thanks for the feedback and yes, the more I wear these trousers the more I love the fit.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Good point about the buttons!
No, it's not a good point. It's his pet peeve, not yours. I often wear a dress shirt casually, with the top two buttons undone. I don't cut them off.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it's not a good point. It's his pet peeve, not yours. I often wear a dress shirt casually, with the top two buttons undone. I don't cut them off.

While it is just a pet peeve of mine, and in no way the ordinary practice, I should point out that I was speaking of the cuff buttons, not the placket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads