• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
While it is just a pet peeve of mine, and in no way the ordinary practice, I should point out that I was speaking of the cuff buttons, not the placket.
I am aware. I was making an ass hole analogy because I can't help myself sometimes. Most times actually.

Nobilis Animus

Reaction score
I am aware. I was making an ass hole analogy because I can't help myself sometimes. Most times actually.
No worries. I'm just used to cuffs without those extra buttons, so to my eye it looks better that way. Then again I rarely use all the buttons on a three-button cuff, so meh.

donny5

Reaction score
Another day another separates combo. Trousers are slimmer than yesterday but still ok I feel. Liking the texture of this jacket too.

20200908_115543.jpg

20200908_115518.jpg

Hackett London
Paul Smith
Boss
Clark's

Texture:

20200908_115342.jpg

buddyfuzz

Reaction score
Sorry if this is off topic, but I wasn't sure where else to post, and didn't really feel like it warranted it's own thread.

How do people feel about a tie with a shawl collar cardigan in lieu of a jacket? We'd be talking about things on the more casual end of the spectrum in terms of shirt/tie, so OCBD with a less structured tie. I found this picture (I believe possibly of a Drake's employee) and quite liked it.

1599588616104.png

hpreston

Reaction score
Sorry if this is off topic, but I wasn't sure where else to post, and didn't really feel like it warranted it's own thread.

How do people feel about a tie with a shawl collar cardigan in lieu of a jacket? We'd be talking about things on the more casual end of the spectrum in terms of shirt/tie, so OCBD with a less structured tie. I found this picture (I believe possibly of a Drake's employee) and quite liked it.

View attachment 1454831
Yep, he works at Drakes.

I think this look is fine.

While there is nothing wrong with using the shawl collared sweater in lieu of a sport coat in certain circumstances, I would ditch the tie.

You may get more responses in this thread:

DapperPhilly

Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_3f2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3f3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3f4.jpeg

Jacket-Ring
Shirt-Eton denim
Tie-Stoffa
Jeans-Levi's
Belt-Vineyard Vines
Boots-JoGhost

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.