• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Again, hate taking pictures in harsh lighting conditions. Don't like how these pics turned out at all.
tumblr_lsc942Ak3D1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lsc95drPWM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lsc91g31w91qcq3abo1_400.jpg

Nice looking and great fitting leather jacket. Details?

Thanks, it is TOJ like all of my other jackets. They have a thread in SW&D and an unofficial website at http://www.templeofjawnz.com. Feel free to mention me if you buy a jacket since the creator likes knowing how people heard about his work.
Again, hate taking pictures in harsh lighting conditions. Don't like how these pics turned out at all.

I agree, this is terrible. How can you leave the house, ever. :D

Well I mostly meant just the pictures. I look awesome.

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kiton Jacket
Ralph Lauren wool slacks
Neiman Marcus sweater

I like the colors, but I think the silhouette is columnar and I can't imagine why that is desirable. Even sack suits don't look this blocky.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 on model number. Whodini also posted a great-looking Barbour or Belstaff jacket (in the early pages of SW&D's WAYWT thread), but then I visit their web sites, and all I find are a bunch of prominently logo-ed jackets, never the exact thing people are posting here.
:violin:

Colors all look great, btw.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 on model number. Whodini also posted a great-looking Barbour or Belstaff jacket (in the early pages of SW&D's WAYWT thread), but then I visit their web sites, and all I find are a bunch of prominently logo-ed jackets, never the exact thing people are posting here.
:violin:
Colors all look great, btw.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/Belstaff/PRDOVR~22991/22991.jsp?srcCode=GGBS00002

i have the same one. just a great jacket, goes well with just about any causal item in the wardrobe

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chapter 2
in which acecow appeals to the Gods of NOBD
by wearing suede loafers and no funny socks;
the Gods grant him beer and many women
to dance with

P.S. NOBD, I forgot to reply about the lens. This 50mm gives too much zoom. For instance, these pictures were taken with a tripod from across the room. There's no more space to move the camera away to capture the shoes better, etc. A full-frame camera takes a 50mm and it's like normal human field of vision. Cheaper DSLRs effectively make it into an 80mm, not a 50mm.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chapter 2
in which acecow appeals to the Gods of NOBD
by wearing suede loafers and no funny socks;
the Gods grant him beer and many women
to dance with​

:) I haven't worn loafers since the eighties... Thanks for the socks!

P.S. NOBD, I forgot to reply about the lens. This 50mm gives too much zoom. For instance, these pictures were taken with a tripod from across the room. There's no more space to move the camera away to capture the shoes better, etc. A full-frame camera takes a 50mm and it's like normal human field of vision. Cheaper DSLRs effectively make it into an 80mm, not a 50mm.​

I know what you mean(t). I meant the 50 isn't a zoom lens, because it has a fixed focal point. :) It's 80mm on my camera as well. For WAYWRN totals I use about 35mm on my (actual) zoom lens, which translates to 50 mm.​

Last edited:

PTWilliams

Reaction score

I like the colors, but I think the silhouette is columnar and I can't imagine why that is desirable. Even sack suits don't look this blocky.

@ PTW:
Jacket too long, sleeves too long, buttons too close together, trousers too baggy, collared jacket needs a collared shirt. Other than that it's all fine and you look so much better without the face fungus.

Thanks. Yes I do want to project a trimmer silhouette, I am having my pants altered, and I'll need some guidance on the jackets. Having pushed up my running to 40 mi/wk, and lost 20 pounds by dieting (shooting for 23 to 28 pound loss), its probably a good time to get things retailored. Fortunately, I always bought my jackets and pants too tight.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn! Well, from my iPhone I thought the jacket looked like Belstaf but the lining looked like Barbour..,
Nice jacket nonetheless, what model Belstaff?
Btw, it's a good look on you.

Roadmaster. I have one in black also. Great riding jackets for drizzly weather, and they look fine as part of a casual fit also. The black is a great looking coat, I've had women ask me if they could touch it.. :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads