• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scrolls

Reaction score
I like plain canvas sneakers for summer but all white doesn't look right to me.I went with Seavees in navy for this summer.

Instead of all white, I'd probably do something like this:

Had a pair of these delivered this morning and already packed them back up to return. Nothing against them just very "blah".

ianGP

Reaction score
Got some new jeans

thoughts on fit? I just got it hemmed to a 30 inseam..... should I chop off another 2" ?
Changes in this diff (click to show)

Last edited by a moderator:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hey ian... looks pretty good to me. don't chop though. wear them a bunch of times. wash/air dry. wear a few more times. then decide. imo jeans need some amount of break to look good. unless your cuffing, then no break.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ian, if you're going to wear shirts untucked, I recommend a much shorter hem. You want to lengthen the apparent line of your legs.

ianGP

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I just x-posted on NF thread and got the same response on a shorter shirt - I'll def hunt for some shorter lengths.

I'm a newb with jeans so I appreciate the tip, Parker! These are my first "real" pair aside from the dad jeans I posted awhile back that got a few "burn it" comments :lol:

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got some new jeans

thoughts on fit? I just got it hemmed to a 30 inseam..... should I chop off another 2" ?

I like that length as is.

I just started breaking in a pair of US made selvedge 501 STF's. I hot soaked to shrink and now need em hemmed. Can any tailor do this? Can anyone recommend a Boston area tailor that's experienced w/selvedge denim?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Got some new jeans

sorry I forgot my tickets... to the gun show
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some new jeans

you have a long torso/short leg build, worked out too much to make yourself top heavy, and you wear lower raise pants/jeans while pulling ur shirts out. looks pretty bad no matter how things fit.

tuck your shirts in or make it shoulder; uncuff the jeans or make the cuff even taller.

just my 2c

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wwchan cotton suit / bbbf ocbd / c&j loafage / faux croc belt / vintage raybans / helmut lang edp

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ian definitely needs at least one inch chopped off, and even 2" would be fine, as you could go with a cuff that is less tall, a good recommendation for someone of your height.. having a big cuff at the bottom accentuates the shorter legs

Last edited:

ataru

Reaction score
Ian, if you want to do cuffs on those jeans, chopping off an inch and wearing them with a cuff that's half the current height would look much better.

UncleCozy

Reaction score

Size up in polo. Shoulder and chest look too tight

Some men just want to watch the world...
.. to watch their pecs. :cheers:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads