• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Damn. I once washed a garment with the small leather details still attached. They got ruined and they sent replacements to DSM NY, which sold Vis at the time.

drknmky

Reaction score
Has anyone had success getting their shoes resoled through visvim? My kngr Virgils are going to be in need of a resole soon and I would like to keep the custom vibram sole.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally possible but expensive. I think resole is 24-28k yen, and I'm 99% sure you can't just ship to their store (You would have to drop off in person). Im curious if their LA store allows drop offs for resole. That plus shipping would make a pretty damn expensive resole which is unfortunate.

Emixam

Reaction score
and they don't have the custom sole available for resole, at least they didn't offer it in the past

drknmky

Reaction score
Totally possible but expensive. I think resole is 24-28k yen, and I'm 99% sure you can't just ship to their store (You would have to drop off in person). Im curious if their LA store allows drop offs for resole. That plus shipping would make a pretty damn expensive resole which is unfortunate.

and they don't have the custom sole available for resole, at least they didn't offer it in the past

Has anyone used a third party for a resole? Not sure how the heel counter will be dealt with.

So what sole do people generally use when resoling virgils? Is there one that is close to the custom vibram?

rotide

Reaction score
I've resoled virgils and others loads of times with dr-sole or Vibram units. Had the kngr resoled keeping the mids and just replacing a thin sole unit so they are fairly close and retain the same comfort, will see if I can find a pic. I'm hoping to find a 2060 in sand for a few pairs but they're impossible to find in the UK (if anyone stateside willing to help do let me know as i have a few pair if ISDT's which i would like to do).

Even with a total replacement they go nowhere near the heel counter so you should be ok retaining that feature.

rotide

Reaction score
cpl pics of others done

16122651_274431099641146_2501580646170755072_n.jpg

13380878_845313275574159_1397231225_n.jpg

917544_234902336693015_330355472_n.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
Another prob is we don't get the sand colours typical to the jp market. The white layer soon discoloured and you can't see much difference these days.

what sole is that ? Looking for something with good grip for mountain hike, this looks good.

drknmky

Reaction score
what sole is that ? Looking for something with good grip for mountain hike, this looks good.
gEwvTrbl.jpg

Really interested to know what sole this is as well. Looks close enough to the original custom sole.

Also interested in knowing this one too.
13380878_845313275574159_1397231225_n.jpg

rotide

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the name of the one on the kngrs, it was done at a Vibram repair store and is one of their sheets attached to the original mid. The only issue is that this sole squeaks like hell on a tile/smooth floor but seems to be very hard wearing, hoping to find a Vibram 2060 in sand to resole them at some point or may go for another sheet, they do a nicer one which I have a piece of, more of a stippled effect (will try and find).

The sole on the other virgils are dr-sole cushion sportsman (kind of like a Vibram 2060), the wedge version on the ISDT is the 3070 wanderer.
https://www.drsole2011.com/product-page/3060-cushion-sportstman

Great sole units but they are a slightly softer compound than Vibram and do wear quicker than say a Cristy or Morflex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads