1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like the black/white colorway as well, and I'll probably end up getting them when they go on sale, but the olive ones are harder to find - everyone carries the black and white. Are they worth it? Is this a CM question? I mean, they are definitely nicer than chucks, or PF Flyers, etc... and imo, visibly so to most people, even those who are only peripherally interested in fashion, but are they worth about 10x as much really depends on how much you like them, I tuess. The leather lining does make them very comfortable, I wear Skagways and old Porcelas when I am looking for just plain comfort and a nice style.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah I guess comfort. The John Lofgren ones seemed nice, but I would've preferred more subtle Self Edge branding. Size same as Virgils?

3. LA Guy

I go up 1/2 size from my Virgils. I have a pair of size 10 Virgils, and got some Skagways in 10, which were painful. The 10.5s fit beautifully. When it comes to sneakers, I err on the size of larger.

4. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

I've been holding onto a pair of Porcellas for a while but barely wearing them because they are wildly uncomfortable. They're definitely half a size big for me, but I've worn sneakers that are a smidge too big before and never had a problem like these. They'll probably end up getting sold, even though they look brilliant.

I dig Skagways, but I think the value proposition on them was better a few years ago when there weren't as many high-quality Chuck ripoffs on the market. That said, I'd pick em over Lofgrens...the Skagways I've handled were noticeably nicer than any others I've handled, and frankly if you'd slapped Converse 1970 branding on the Lofgrens I would have barely been able to tell the difference.

5. LA Guy

I guess different shoes are better for different people? I have both the ivory and navy Porcellas and wear them to death. I can't locate a pair in the black in my size (10.5 US), but if I did find some BNIB, I'd snap them up quickly.

6. dood1e

dood1e Member

Does anyone know how is the fit on the newly released Thorson jacket as compared to the previous iterations?

7. Symphony

Symphony Active Member

I just bought the Visvim Virgil Folks in Black Veg Suede and I'm loving them!

I kind of wish I went down a size (I'm a TTS size 11.5 and I bought a 12), but they've very comfortable so far. A couple of questions though:

1. How much will they stretch out by? They aren't snug, but they fit more like a "just right". I usually size up due to be flat-footed.

2. Is there an easier way to tie the laces lol?

3. To those of you who have a pair in suede, what do you use to treat them?

8. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior Member

2. just wrap around once and then tie
    3. saphir waterproof spray. i live in ny and these are the boots i use for snow/rain and saphir does a good job at protecting them

9. LA Guy

1) Mine were sand suede, and they didn't seem to stretch out at all. They fit very well from the get go though.
    2) I just wrap them around and tie them once.
    3) I just spray mine with Jason Markks (sp?) Repel, and then use their suede cleaner occasionally. But they are going to get the usual wear and tear, and show more or less, depending on the person, level of use, and geographic location.

10. Joytropics

Joytropics Member

Has anyone used waterproofing spray on the canvas part of the 73 Folk?

I'm thinking i could use painters tape on the leather... but maybe I'm overthinking it.

I also have barbour wax, which as I type this, I think could look pretty cool.

11. CWOyaji

CWOyaji Senior Member

Hi, I'm a visitor from the thrift thread. Can use a little help understanding a Chimala chore coat I thrifted today. But first, have a look at a Visvim Lamo Khofu I stumbled on a couple of months ago: fullsizeoutput_126f.jpeg IMG_5783.JPG fullsizeoutput_124d.jpeg
    Today I found this, first time seeing the brand in the flesh. Anyone know about it? Seems well made and a Japanese cult brand with little information on the web. Any knowledge welcome. Thanks. IMG_6995.JPG IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6998.JPG

12. London

London Distinguished Member

I've been wearing chimala for years. Besides Orslow, they're my favorite jeans

13. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior Member

I am looking to replace my virgil sand suede boots laces. Has anybody replaced laces something similar to the original or maybe perhaps a leather one?

14. fire2368

fire2368 Member

Hey guys, I've been looking for this carp shirt for a while and I've just found a guy selling size 4. Can I get an LC on this, I'm mainly concerned about the garment tag where the fonts dont match any of the shirts I own, but I don't own anything from 2016, only '12, '15, '17 and '18.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

F758B7F4-7DA6-4EC0-888F-4CED0D4FF065.jpeg

EAA4DE9B-992A-4CA4-A6F6-5731D395E830.jpeg

2A65EA91-B8FE-444E-BC67-D671C7AC62AF.jpeg

82AE6198-D9A5-4145-B083-5459FD24BBEA.jpeg

18DBFA85-1CC3-403A-A90C-390C1BB868A3.jpeg

15. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member