• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drknmky

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the name of the one on the kngrs, it was done at a Vibram repair store and is one of their sheets attached to the original mid. The only issue is that this sole squeaks like hell on a tile/smooth floor but seems to be very hard wearing, hoping to find a Vibram 2060 in sand to resole them at some point or may go for another sheet, they do a nicer one which I have a piece of, more of a stippled effect (will try and find).

The sole on the other virgils are dr-sole cushion sportsman (kind of like a Vibram 2060), the wedge version on the ISDT is the 3070 wanderer.
https://www.drsole2011.com/product-page/3060-cushion-sportstman

Great sole units but they are a slightly softer compound than Vibram and do wear quicker than say a Cristy or Morflex.

Thanks for all your help! This is really helpful.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preferably buying from japan retailers or yahoo auctions and paying japan retail or under. US prices are typically double Japan retail which generally makes them attainable only when they hit 50-60% off, but even then retailers are restricted to putting current season visvim on sale. You occasionally see retailers release codes that work for all brands, visvim included, even though rules suggest otherwise. No stores I can think of in particular, just keep posted on the sales alert thread.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dr. Soles are awesome for Visvim resoles.

I've always wondered about the counter. Parts of the leather on some of mine is coming unglued from the lip of the TPU, and I was hoping to get a cobbler to reglue it.

I really want to resole my Grizzlies. And I don't know, maybe have something done with the leather footbed lining at the forefront of the shoe. It's... pretty gross because they're old, but I don't know where to find a good moccasin place that would do it. Or if they'd even work on the Grizzly because it's such a weird boot in the first place.

therealeeyore

Reaction score
Does anyone here have personal experience with the Strabler Antique Riders Jacket from several years ago? In particular, did Visvim use alpha sizing then, instead of the numeric sizing that I'm used to? If so, would an XL likely correspond to a size 4? Did it fit relatively TTS?

Thanks.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the SS 05 cut new? Anyone have experience with it? Online pictures look just okay but the higher rise and lower price appeals to me.

Immorta

Reaction score
How does Visvim FBT women's sizes fit? I am looking to purchase my first pair of FBT. I usually wear 7.5 US Men's in Adidas and Vans. So, I am just wondering which women's size should I go for?

Thanks.

Joytropics

Reaction score
Does anyone want to trade me a size 11 in the 7 hole 73 Folk black/black for my Size 12? Such a learning curve with sizing!

Excellent shape and i have the box plus all tags. Would sell as well, but prefer to trade.

I have them listed on the website that starts with G, but glad to give a better price to someone on here.

Last edited:

Joytropics

Reaction score
The cat has excellent taste, but sadly it doesn’t fit her either.

11733B1A-B0E2-4D2A-8B96-608DFE114E82.jpeg

planetarium

Reaction score
How does Visvim FBT women's sizes fit? I am looking to purchase my first pair of FBT. I usually wear 7.5 US Men's in Adidas and Vans. So, I am just wondering which women's size should I go for?

Thanks.

you'll probably be fine in a mens 8, they don't run that big. most of the talk about them running big is from Nike dudes and Nike runs super small and narrow.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why you should hide your credit cards on Friday night. Just got these:

ZNn8-xJLeVor603kdoGpujKjA_GKQ8UtVm1NKEPaCBdB_ae2qlUWj8B74fdMgBOO524G0O-eamPRQQKBbXL0YCrZNvgr4yP83O5xb2dLy0NcAykmwvre_6TUN13ywGa-e_2rsg0BEmCX6vRls5V9tpIa5LKiggwWU3pvkHXK0XY7xa9w4g=s0-d-e1-ft

I still regret not having picked up olive skagways from a few seasons back. Not going to have that regret twice.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Justin Timberlake in Virgils ... for Levis on their homepage
ANE4rT2_d.jpg

Anyone know if Virgils are back to the old sole for good or is it just for the kngr this season?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is why you should hide your credit cards on Friday night. Just got these:

I still regret not having picked up olive skagways from a few seasons back. Not going to have that regret twice.

I still kind of skagways in the traditional black/white. Worth?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads