• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm looking for a replacement part for a vintage B&L RayBan USA Wayfarer 2 in mosaic blue (blue with gold). The part in question is a temple arm that has a crack in it. Where would you suggest I look for a replacment arm that not only fits the hinge but also matches the pattern. I've contacted both Luxottica (current owner of RayBan) and Bausch & Lomb and neither of them have any replacement parts.
Thanks for your help,
Brent

Hi, the answer in short: it will be very hard to find a replacement arm. Those models are vintage and were produced only somewhere in the 80s as far as i know. Best option would be to look for a donor pair...as temples are hardly sold separately and from the street neat models you really need to be very lucky. I think there are around...20 different type of street neat models...

good luck in your hunt
wink.gif

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi, a few years back my RayBan Side-Strees (RB 3006 W2189) were nicked while on holday in Jamaica. I've been trying to get a hold of a decent condition second hand pair and was lucky enough to find one on ebay so I bought them. When they arrived they were indeed in good condition but they felt very light compared to my old pair. It seems the frames on these are made of plastic and not metal. Do you know if Ray Ban (B&L era) ever sold these with a plastic frame (painted with a shiny metal paint so they look like metal).
Also I've been trying to track down a par of brown lensed Ray Ban for driving aviator style sunglasses for my dad (he used to have a pair back in the early 90s which my brother or I managed to loose). They seem to be extremely expensive and mostly from sellers in the USA. Where these not popular in the UK?

sounds very dodgy honestly...are the lenses glass at least and BL etched?

Regarding your question about brown lenses for driving. To be exact thoses are B15 TGM (top gadient mirrored). If you are till looking for a pair, drop me a PM, i think i could help you out.

enjoy

oosterling

Reaction score
So at one point I had this same pair of Ray Bans and unfortunately lost them. I'd really like to try and find another pair of these same ones to purchase but I cannot remember the model number or name of them. If someone could help with identifying which pair these are that would be really helpful.

im quite sure those are Luxottica. The forum is about vintage Ray Ban. sorry

ariannnaa3

Reaction score
My Grandfather gave me his old vintage rayban glasses, but the frame broke. Is there ANY way I can get them fixed?

djbball14

Reaction score
I have a pair of vintage b&l raybans that my grandmother gave me a while back , I don't have any knowledge in what model they are. I only know they are old. They also say gold on one of the arms . I would like to know how much they are worth . Thank you -DJ

Last edited:

Rojor

Reaction score
Hello, I could sure use some help in determining what model these Ray-Bans are. I recently purchased these used and also purchased a new case to go with them. I can not find this model anywhere. Took them in to the local dealer and they said that they were genuine, but could not give any other information on them as far as age,style, mens or womens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

htasmith

Reaction score
I am wondering what these Octagon Ray Ban's are. The inside lettering on the arms say B&L 4 5 1/4 each. Nothing else. The bridge has B&L 54. I have never seen anything like this. I would like to know what it is. I appreciate your help.

oosterling

Reaction score
I am wondering what these Octagon Ray Ban's are. The inside lettering on the arms say B&L 4 5 1/4 each. Nothing else. The bridge has B&L 54. I have never seen anything like this. I would like to know what it is. I appreciate your help.

hi

Ray Ban octagonal you dont see them often. i dont know so much about them, i do know that i never aw with there temples... nice pair

oosterling

Reaction score
Hello, I could sure use some help in determining what model these Ray-Bans are. I recently purchased these used and also purchased a new case to go with them. I can not find this model anywhere. Took them in to the local dealer and they said that they were genuine, but could not give any other information on them as far as age,style, mens or womens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i'd say Ray-Ban Highstreet Metal series. Ovals in your case, 90s. W2839, W2840 W2841 exact model number you'll find on the ear pad

good luck

htasmith

Reaction score
Yes, these are unique. The issue is all of the Octagon Shaped Ray Bans I have seen all have thin or thinner arms than these. These have thick, flat arms. Very interesting. I came here hoping to find information on them. After reading nearly every page, decided to post a photo, hoping someone would recognize them.

MBrown

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a pair of Ray Ban Clubmaster rx eyeglasses (rb3016, 51-21). i found a pair of vintage B&L Ray Bay clip-on sunglasses on Ebay, 50mm. Will they fit my Clubmasters?

Michael Brown

oosterling

Reaction score
I am edcipo on ebay and the RB-50 Wayfarer II are 100% authentic and all original 100% guaranteed or your full purchase price will be refunded plus any shipping cost.
We have over 5000 100% positive feedback, you have no worries.
I would be happy to answer any of your questions or concerns.
Ed Cipo
who is saying there are not?

what i stated was that theyre damn expensive. and if you still own them i think that proves it they are.
furthermore the often used 24k GP in the item description is misleading, we had contact bout this before...

the comment "Vintage Ray-Ban Expert (not)" is funny as every one can see were all just replying on a chat started by a guy who hasnt been online since

on 12/4/13

so..none of the recent users states he or she is the ray ban expert. people, like myself are just posting and responding to question.
When your name popped up, i was stating your prices are imo very high nd i would not buy at such prices. Hope you dont blame me for that.
in case you sale for those prices: good for you...

as for ' Please remove this negative comment!!" not sure which exactly you are referring to but i have no clue if there is a moderator. but anyway its an open forum, where everyone can share his opinion.

oosterling

Reaction score
Yes, these are unique. The issue is all of the Octagon Shaped Ray Bans I have seen all have thin or thinner arms than these. These have thick, flat arms. Very interesting. I came here hoping to find information on them. After reading nearly every page, decided to post a photo, hoping someone would recognize them.

sorry, i did not. however the amout of model BL had....its crazy....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads