• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zachthespook

Reaction score
I honestly can't get around to any other silhouette except the Service Boot from Viberg. I tried the chelsea before, but ended up selling because it felt too... clunky and chunky for how sleek I feel like it was trying to be? I'm really not sure what the issues are specifically that I don't vibe with, but at least my wallet is spared.

Trim Man

Reaction score
Thick horsebutt and little cap toes today. I think I saw that someone got a pair of these from the SS. If so, congrats! I love this pair.
PXL_20220225_185452031.jpg

PXL_20220225_185338790.jpg

PXL_20220225_185252365.jpg

Also, looks like Marrkt either sold or pulled the SS22 samples. At least the ones I was interested in. I'm getting 404 errors today. The Olive Chromepak SBs looked nice, although I was hoping for a 2040. They also had a pair of 310s in what looked like the sap waxed kudu that caught my eye.

7sport

Reaction score
Old 2030 vs new 2030, both in Olive Chromepak. 2030 got puffy over the years

I think it’s hard to compare in those images given the different soles. Ridgeway just sits up much higher. Look at the air gap under the boot in front of the heel block. Looks much less sleek. Semi-structured toe doesn’t help either.
But in other pics I’ve seen, the 2030 does seem to have lost some of its sleekness over time.

Any idea if the new one has a gusseted tongue? I was checking the saddletan Chromepak SB on the site and I couldn’t tell if that had a gusseted tongue or not.

I’m kinda happy about the greener tint too, even though I like the color of the previous batch a bit more. Makes it more distinguishable from the coffee Chromepak boots I already have.

Hoping to snag a pair when they release them.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s hard to compare in those images given the different soles. Ridgeway just sits up much higher. Look at the air gap under the boot in front of the heel block. Looks much less sleek. Semi-structured toe doesn’t help either.
But in other pics I’ve seen, the 2030 does seem to have lost some of its sleekness over time.

Any idea if the new one has a gusseted tongue? I was checking the saddletan Chromepak SB on the site and I couldn’t tell if that had a gusseted tongue or not.

I’m kinda happy about the greener tint too, even though I like the color of the previous batch a bit more. Makes it more distinguishable from the coffee Chromepak boots I already have.

Hoping to snag a pair when they release them.
Well the OG dye formula is gone, this is a new dye and I'd be fine with either tbh. I'm happy with the makeup and just hope I can enter in my free shipping code before my size sells out ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't get around to any other silhouette except the Service Boot from Viberg. I tried the chelsea before, but ended up selling because it felt too... clunky and chunky for how sleek I feel like it was trying to be? I'm really not sure what the issues are specifically that I don't vibe with, but at least my wallet is spared.
I love the bobcat, 145, Shelby, Derby boot, Derby Shoe, Jodhpur, Halkett Service, and slipper. All but 2 of the ones I listed are discontinued though.........

RossM

Reaction score
Thick horsebutt and little cap toes today. I think I saw that someone got a pair of these from the SS. If so, congrats! I love this pair.
View attachment 1758916
View attachment 1758917
View attachment 1758918

Also, looks like Marrkt either sold or pulled the SS22 samples. At least the ones I was interested in. I'm getting 404 errors today. The Olive Chromepak SBs looked nice, although I was hoping for a 2040. They also had a pair of 310s in what looked like the sap waxed kudu that caught my eye.
Do you use shoe trees with these lovely horsebutt?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have (and use) the Chromepaks from pervious runs? Curious how they age. I've heard the leather is a basically a glorified CXL. The upcoming country boots have my eye though, despite hating CXL...

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After about 30 minutes worth of brushing last night with pig bristle and horse hair brushes, busted out these Natty Shell Service Boots for today. Forgot who recommended a pig bristle brush, but they're much stiffer than horse hair and does a nice job really getting in there where water spots and bloom are prevalent.
PXL_20220225_222250471.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard Cohen