• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
bring back the MTO hopsack ties, PLEASE!!!

Funny you should ask.. our previous supplier just paid us a visit last week and apparently things are back in place. I'll go through the stock and will probably put the MTO hopsacks back up for sale on a trial basis. I can't guarantee that what you pick will be in stock - but let's give this a go!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask.. our previous supplier just paid us a visit last week and apparently things are back in place. I'll go through the stock and will probably put the MTO hopsacks back up for sale on a trial basis. I can't guarantee that what you pick will be in stock - but let's give this a go!

God bless you.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen do you have a picture of the VBC swatches 386, 398, or 405 that you may have made up in the past?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks really good. Would be curious to see a shot in harsher bright light to see how much of the violet comes out.

In real life it’s a really dark tie and the pics on the Vanda website are very accurate in terms of the color. Next time I wear it I’ll go outside and take a shot.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen do you have a picture of the VBC swatches 386, 398, or 405 that you may have made up in the past?

Couldn't find 405, but this is 386 on the far right:

tumblr_oli0axXp6Q1r11940o1_500.jpg

And Pink Hopsack vs 398 on the right:

tumblr_o9mn74lFer1r11940o1_500.jpg

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find 405, but this is 386 on the far right:

tumblr_oli0axXp6Q1r11940o1_500.jpg

And Pink Hopsack vs 398 on the right:

tumblr_o9mn74lFer1r11940o1_500.jpg

Thanks. I’m trying to get something close to the dearly departed chive matka that I stupidly didn’t buy. Is the 386 close? Might be a little lighter and cooler in color.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Best I could find was a little swatch of the Chive Matka:

72EFD6A2-633E-44CF-A494-6B8FFC5EC932.jpeg

L-R: Chive matka, 387, 386

Thanks. I’m trying to get something close to the dearly departed chive matka that I stupidly didn’t buy. Is the 386 close? Might be a little lighter and cooler in color.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @gshen, I looked back at the posts in this thread from the January/February timeframe in 2018 and we were already discussing the various spring/summer possibilities of the year. Any info you can share about what's on tap for this year? Any interesting looking matkas or linen pieces? It's been about two years since @TweedyProf's seersucker stripe project went began development. Should another similar project occur this year?

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @gshen, I looked back at the posts in this thread from the January/February timeframe in 2018 and we were already discussing the various spring/summer possibilities of the year. Any info you can share about what's on tap for this year? Any interesting looking matkas or linen pieces? It's been about two years since @TweedyProf's seersucker stripe project went began development. Should another similar project occur this year?

Yes sure - let me get some pictures taken in the next couple of days.. been quite busy these days as our only one employee is on leave for 2 weeks.

The stripe project might prove tricky because the weavers only seem to want to work with navy warp, which means the ground needs to be navy or the colours won't turn out right. They probably can do other colours, but it will require a ridiculous minimum order that we can't possibly meet..

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quick shot of upcoming ties that are lined up for proper studio shots. Printed silk/linen (50/50) in the back row, shantung grenadine reruns and madder finish printed silks in the front row. Also have some mohair (100% cambdeboo mohair! in navy!), shantung stripes and a few others!

_DSC3053.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads