• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paborden

Reaction score
anyone happen to know the reference # on this one? (hint: solbiati heavyweight linen)

Attachments

• IMG_2689 (1).PNG
    IMG_2689 (1).PNG
    700 KB · Views: 175

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know of any traveling tailors that visit SF? I decided to go with Divij due to pricing and availability. Some tailors whose work I admire include Sartoria Corcos, WW Chan, and Luca Museo — all with Italian but leaning some structure — but even they aren't available/travel to the US really. As for Liverano... well, many barriers to entry.
Doesn’t WW Chan travel to San Francisco?

San Francisco is an odd town for bespoke tailoring because you don’t really need it. You’re basically left to the enthusiasts. Chan is interesting because traditionally they made English structured garments, but have softened as customers wanted softer garments. It’s funny, I was in marina last week, and the marina part by the bar reminded me a bit of Naples, yet they’re so different in terms of approach to tailoring.

But, I digress, another option is rtw or mtm: vestucci mtm is an option if you’re not a difficult fit. If you’re not a difficult fit, rtw and a local alterations tailor. Even liverano does a rtw, I think you could email them directly about it.

Reaction score
Gents, Thank you for your experience/feedback with Dugdale FEARNOUGHT (18oz/500g) for odd trousers. These 2 are in process with my tailor.

I am now looking for cold season odd trousers in Brown. I run cold so heavier is not a problem. Decided on Flannel fabric and am open to worsted or woolen. Trousers will be worn maybe 10 times max per cold season predominately with knitwear in smart casual settings. Woolen flannels are lovely, drape beautifully but wrinkles give me an eye twitch. Worsted flannels drape beautifully, are robust, rid my eye twitch but appear flat...

Narrowed final search criteria to 1: Brown (preferably dark, neutral/cold shade) 2: 14oz+ 3: Flannel

Any thoughts on
Fox 1772??? I love the brown and green shades
Taylor and Lodge Iconic 2080??? Nice dark brown color and appears robust.
Minnis woolen 14oz??? Brown may work and seems respected by this thread
Harrisons or other contenders to consider???

Feedback on these or other woolen/worsted in brown neutral/cold shade is appreciated.

Regards

Attachments

• Dugdale FEARNOUGHT.jpeg
    Dugdale FEARNOUGHT.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Fox 1772 Rockwell.jpg
    Fox 1772 Rockwell.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Fox 1772 Service Brown.jpg
    Fox 1772 Service Brown.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Taylor & Lodge Dark Brown  2.jpeg
    Taylor & Lodge Dark Brown 2.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 76
  • Minnis Brown.jpg
    Minnis Brown.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Marshak

Reaction score
Gents, Thank you for your experience/feedback with Dugdale FEARNOUGHT (18oz/500g) for odd trousers. These 2 are in process with my tailor.

I am now looking for cold season odd trousers in Brown. I run cold so heavier is not a problem. Decided on Flannel fabric and am open to worsted or woolen. Trousers will be worn maybe 10 times max per cold season predominately with knitwear in smart casual settings. Woolen are lovely, drape beautifully but wrinkles give me an eye twitch. Worsted flannels drape beautifully, are robust, rid my eye twitch but appear flat...

Decided my only criteria were 1: Dark Brown (preferably neutral/cold shade) 2: 14oz+ 3: Flannel

Any thoughts on
Fox 1772??? I love the shades of brown and green.
Taylor and Lodge Iconic 2080??? Nice dark brown color and appears robust.
Minnis woolen 14oz??? Brown may work and seems respected by this thread
Other contenders to consider???

Feedback on these or others fabrics in neutral/cold brown shade is appreciated.

Regards

My first choice would be the 16/17 os Minnis. A true winter workhorse. Standeven also released a 16oz in their new Stonedale range, seems nice. Worsted Taylor and Lodge? Good but will wrinkle more. I've both Minnis and the later.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants will drape horribly and probably blow out. Would be kinda cool though I guess.
I have had success with having suits made of "blazer-only fabric," but I agree that it is a case-by-case issue. I would consult with the tailor and probe him on suitability. Even the most business-oriented tailor (see China, Republic of) will tell somebody upfront if a fabric has no possibility of working as a suit.

My tailor was not entirely sold on the Minnis Fresco as a suit fabric but thought it could work. It did but I understood that if the trousers were to blow up it would be entirely my fault.

It is all about how comfortable with the risk/reward proposition somebody is, as long as it is feasible.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to Marling & Evan's fall/winter collection? The DropBox link I have doesn't seem to function any longer...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone happen to know the reference # on this one? (hint: solbiati heavyweight linen)
Please tell me you’re planning that as a suit.
Tempted to comission for a full suit made of Loro Piana baby camel hair (cloth originally intended for blazers).

View attachment 2032541

Crazy?
Not so crazy?
Crazy. Piacenza has a camel hair (lighter weight) that is at least ostensibly intended as suiting. Be curious to give the two a side by side, but that seems a far safer place to start looking.

Reaction score
My first choice would be the 16/17 os Minnis. A true winter workhorse. Standeven also released a 16oz in their new Stonedale range, seems nice. Worsted Taylor and Lodge? Good but will wrinkle more. I've both Minnis and the later.
Thank you @Marshak for your reply. I was thinking the Tailor and Lodge Worsted Flannel would wrinkle less. Your experience is the Taylor and Lodge wrinkle more? Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads