• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Just received this beautiful London Lounge Premium Flannel in Mid-Grey. It will become a DB suit hopefully. This is my first LL flannel and the handle is fantastic, soft and fluffy but strong.
The variation of colour is great.
There's currently an open subscription for the LL Premium RAF PoW flannel if anybody is interested here

Attachments

• LL Premium Flannel 2.jpg
    LL Premium Flannel 2.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 138

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's such a beautiful thought. Thank You!
1kg/lm is way too much weight & warmth for me... but What do you make of this cloth? looks a little bit coarse for cashmere. Also, unclear to me whether a double breasted, a peacoat or hybrid...but everything together has a very nice Chic... :)
Update, due to health issues with my tailor, I had to change tailors & will do an ulster for the 1kg cashmere. The new tailor didn’t refuse, but strongly preferred an ulster.

I inquired about getting a peacoat length, but alas, I don’t want to park another 3k in cashmere. Haha. I love the idea though. But seeing as I’m a single guy in my 30s, I’ve got a lot of time before the next generation arrives and wants a 1kg coat.

So question is - whose got the last bits and bobs of fabrics, and how do we get our hands on them haha

Shameless plug. I have a lumbs golden bale for Taylor & lodge gray chalkstripe flannel available.

It’s a one of a kind fabric, you can’t get anymore. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll happily have it made up into a db suit. My one complaint is I get almost no cmt discount!

I should add, I also give friends & family discount; styleforum required me to raise the price bc I couldn’t put the friends & family price (so just let me know!)

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received this beautiful London Lounge Premium Flannel in Mid-Grey. It will become a DB suit hopefully. This is my first LL flannel and the handle is fantastic, soft and fluffy but strong.
The variation of colour is great.
There's currently an open subscription for the LL Premium RAF PoW flannel if anybody is interested here
I have this made up. I’ll post pictures soon in “ongoing bespoke” thread.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this made up. I’ll post pictures soon in “ongoing bespoke” thread.

Interested to see how it makes up & hear your thoughts on the fabric as a whole. I wish my tailors gave a greater cmt discount - it doesn’t make sense to pay for LL fabric unless it’s a special fabric (eg 1kg of cashmere). Plus, my tailors seem to collect iconic flannel fabrics often.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Interested to see how it makes up & hear your thoughts on the fabric as a whole. I wish my tailors gave a greater cmt discount - it doesn’t make sense to pay for LL fabric unless it’s a special fabric (eg 1kg of cashmere). Plus, my tailors seem to collect iconic flannel fabrics often.
The discount for bringing one’s fabric does seem to vary quite a bit between tailors. My tailor charges labour + cloth. He’s always transparent about how much he paid for the cloth. So bringing my own doesn’t cost more than the extra I paid for the fabric itself.

London Lounge fabrics are of very high quality and at times of uncommon designs that couldn’t be found anywhere else. It makes sense to prioritise the latter if cost is an issue. For example, just now there are open subscriptions for the Prince tweed and RAF PoW flannel. It would be very difficult to find something similar anywhere else. They’re unique fabrics without being loud. Very elegant.

Regarding this fabric, it’s a very special woollen/worsted flannel mix (warp worsted, weft woollen). This gives the fabric strength while maintaining the look of a pure wollen flannel. I’ve compared it with a pair of trousers made in heavy Fox flannel (no longer offered, the current classic range is lighter) and the variation of color and “fuzziness” of flannel is pretty much the same, but the LL premium flannel feels stronger and less stretchy. We shall see how it feels when made, but I guess it will hold a crease better and wrinkle less. I will have to wait until November for the first fitting but I will post pictures of the suit when I have it.

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Crappy development if they are out of commission. There was one pattern I was particularly hoping to get in a DB suit, and their Golden Bale fabrics were excellent value-- and I'm assuming of high quality, given their relationship to Lesser. Must check with A&S to see if they still have sources...
that was my understanding, I think they did the lumbs golden bale range, etc...

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s my T&L jacketing for a navy blazer. Glad that I didn’t sleep on it.
View attachment 2034661

side note - does any one else get nervous when they make something up from a limited run or out of production fabric? I've never had any major mishaps with an order, but something in the back of my always head reminds me that this can't be replaced.

My T&L classic blazer was going to be my next order in summer '24, but now I might push it back a bit since my vintage doeskin BB blazer (which it was meant to replace) still has some life left in it...

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
side note - does any one else get nervous when they make something up from a limited run or out of production fabric? I've never had any major mishaps with an order, but something in the back of my always head reminds me that this can't be replaced.

My T&L classic blazer was going to be my next order in summer '24, but now I might push it back a bit since my vintage doeskin BB blazer (which it was meant to replace) still has some life left in it...
Very! I made the mistake experimenting (with different styling or cuts my tailor had never done before) with my rare unfunded liabilities only to have it go bust, whereas the fabrics I had easy access to resulted in commissions I still wear today simply because I did not try to go too much off the beaten path.

These days whenever I wanna try a new cut or style (currently experimenting with 80s inspired Armani Drape) I'd get my tailor to use a muslin fitting and then try it out with fabrics I have easy access to. Only after getting say 2 or 3 in that style or cut I would then venture using my rare cloth.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very! I made the mistake experimenting (with different styling or cuts my tailor had never done before) with my rare unfunded liabilities only to have it go bust, whereas the fabrics I had easy access to resulted in commissions I still wear today simply because I did not try to go too much off the beaten path.

These days whenever I wanna try a new cut or style (currently experimenting with 80s inspired Armani Drape) I'd get my tailor to use a muslin fitting and then try it out with fabrics I have easy access to. Only after getting say 2 or 3 in that style or cut I would then venture using my rare cloth.

I agree with this approach. Gotta save the vintage treasure trove for tailors/cuts you know are already spot on.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with this approach. Gotta save the vintage treasure trove for tailors/cuts you know are already spot on.
Even with the rare vintage treasures, I think it's more the hype if anything. For most of my stuff made from fabrics I consider "rare" (I hunt for alot of deadstock mohair), I find myself reaching out for them less than the regular stuff.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with the rare vintage treasures, I think it's more the hype if anything. For most of my stuff made from fabrics I consider "rare" (I hunt for alot of deadstock mohair), I find myself reaching out for them less than the regular stuff.

Could not agree more with the whole vintage cloth hype. Though there are some occasional gems to be had, I much prefer taking time to track down cloths in current/recent bunches than making decisions on the fly at the tailor's.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Fish