• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I already have a few jean style trousers from Peter and enjoy them. Just something different. I wear dark jeans a lot these days so having some in this style may help my color spectrum! I'm aiming to have a moleskin or two made up in that style as well. Will do one or two things in 'frog pockets' in addition.

$600 - $1200 for bespoke jeans? I feel better with my decision already! :^)

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Yes, I do have a swatch of that and its quite different from the design I have in mind. The grey in the LL cloth is too dark, and the ochre is, well, too ochre :)

I was just in touch with Dugdale's, and they're revamping the New Fine Worsted bunch, which will be called Panache. Pictures aren't online yet, but from the descriptions, it seems as though there will be a number of very interesting cloths (fawn with sky and white triple pin stripe, anyone?). Also, it will include a PoW with a bronze overcheck, which might be what Eustace is looking for...

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just in touch with Dugdale's, and they're revamping the New Fine Worsted bunch, which will be called Panache. Pictures aren't online yet, but from the descriptions, it seems as though there will be a number of very interesting cloths (fawn with sky and white triple pin stripe, anyone?). Also, it will include a PoW with a bronze overcheck, which might be what Eustace is looking for...

Hmm...I wonder if it will be the same as the Bateman Ogden Panache range. They both have the same characteristic.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having looked at the pictures that you posted online, as well as the few pictures that are available on the B-O website, I'd say that yes, they do look very similar.

Last edited:

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased from Hickey Freeman the Mahogany Collection Chocolate and Tan Herringbone Sportcoat style #Y24025503020. I am trying to figure out who made the fabric as I want to commission some pents., I am trying to make a garish suit.

Any help in identifying the fabric would be greatly appreciated.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not going to happen. Even if you identify the maker of the cloth, chances are it was a custom order. And even if it wasn't, there are going to be inevitable variations in the dye. If you want a suit, buy or bespeak one.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently started looking into picking my own fabrics for shirts and jackets and now I have swatches from Acorn, Dormeuil, and H&S on the way. :happy:

It's kind of disheartening that all the informative posts about fabric seem to be from 2007-2010.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
+1. Very nice photography, Cravate. Will be checking in regularly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads