• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fassbinder

Reaction score
Hi Fassbinder,

I've been on this forum just as long as you have and I'm quite familiar with its "unspoken rules". Indeed this forum is about cloth but more broadly about bespoke clothing. I don't suppose you buy cloth to decorate your closet or hang it up as window curtain.

Its unfortunate that you find my videos to be in bad taste or inappropriate for this thread but I wonder who makes the rules about appropriateness and what can or can't be posted on a thread. Certainly, there are others even on this thread who find the videos useful and to that end, have encouraged me to post more videos. Their views may vary but are neither less important, nor carry less weight than yours.

Your high handed approach negates whatever point you're trying to make. I understand your attempt at "policing" the thread but perhaps a bit of decorum on your part could go a long way. Digging up sarcastic remarks about my inquiry regarding 16oz clothing in Dubai might amuse you but its entirely tasteless and contributes less to the discourse than the same videos which you so abhor.

Thank you

Alan Bee

I certainly do not make the rules here, nor do I pretend to. But if the powers that be feel it is appropriate that every other post of yours in this thread is an advertisement for your video blog, so be it. Honestly their tacit acceptance of this would hardly surprise me.

It is true that certain members have encouraged you. It is equally true that other members have asked you to stop. I believe if you take the unscientific approach of seeing whose posts concerning this subject have garnered the most likes, you will find yourself to be in the minority. But that is really not relevant.

To clarify I have not said that your videos are in bad taste. I have simply stated they are not in the apropriate thread. I can also say that many SF members also have active blogs about bespoke clothing but choose not to repeatedly advertise it in this thread. Perhaps they police themselves.

Finally, if you consider poking a bit of fun at your previous post to be high handed or in poor taste or like Eric believe me to be whining I suggest you follow our own advice and scroll past my posts or ignore me.

Now good day to you Sir.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, where's the middle finger emoji when you need it? Cry me a river. Are you really complaining about your life being negatively impacted by a post on a website? We're talking literally about an extra mouse scroll (or three, if someone decides to comment on said videos). Don't like the videos? Don't watch them. REALLY don't like the videos? Ignore Alan. God forbid not every single post deep dives into the merits of a given cloth.

No matter the course of action, please find something legitimate to whine about.
What's the point in posting every single video in here? It's not just "a post on a website" for those who watch this thread with email notifications turned on. How about you create a nice signature with a link to your youtube channel, Alan, which would be included in this thread every time you actually have something to contribute specifically to the topic of cloth?

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered in depth, I searched and came up emptyhanded. I'm thinking about having Kent Wang make a hot-weather navy suit for me (I'm in Texas so that's... most of the year). Therefore, it seems like Fresco or something in that area is the forum favorite. This would be my first MTM suit ever, so I'm all ears for advice.

One narrow question is: Is the Fresco III book notably different from the Fresco II book? It seems like the crowd favorite navy in Fresco II was 520 (is that right?). Is Fresco III 510252 its equivalent? Or is Fresco III a dramatically different look?

Should I also be trying to get my hands on information about Crispaire?

And, lastly, anyone on here have a suit length (I'm 5'10") of hot-weather navy cloth they're looking to move at mate's rates?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the point in posting every single video in here? It's not just "a post on a website" for those who watch this thread with email notifications turned on. How about you create a nice signature with a link to your youtube channel, Alan, which would be included in this thread every time you actually have something to contribute specifically to the topic of cloth?
Why do you care? It IS absolutely just a post on a website. Turn off the damn email notifications if you want, or just block the poster you don't care to see. That last bit could be poor advice, as I haven't ever blocked anyone, though I would assume doing so would prevent an email notification from sullying your inbox.

At the end of the day, it's simply a matter that Walter can best articulate.
https://media.makeameme.org/created/STOP-*******-Whining.jpg

dfoverdx

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered in depth, I searched and came up emptyhanded. I'm thinking about having Kent Wang make a hot-weather navy suit for me (I'm in Texas so that's... most of the year). Therefore, it seems like Fresco or something in that area is the forum favorite. This would be my first MTM suit ever, so I'm all ears for advice.

One narrow question is: Is the Fresco III book notably different from the Fresco II book? It seems like the crowd favorite navy in Fresco II was 520 (is that right?). Is Fresco III 510252 its equivalent? Or is Fresco III a dramatically different look?

Should I also be trying to get my hands on information about Crispaire?

And, lastly, anyone on here have a suit length (I'm 5'10") of hot-weather navy cloth they're looking to move at mate's rates?

Normally you can order up to 5 swatches from HFW website, try to order some to see what it gives. I had H&S crispaire as well, while it's more smooth and softer than classic fresco, it wears more hot as well. If i were to choose between two i would go for fresco. The fresco 520 that people like is not really navy but kind of a blue. Keep also one thing in mind the cloths tend to look more darker in the swatches so if you get 520 for a navy then you may end up with a blue that you may not like.

The best is London Lounge fabric but using LL for a MTM is like opening a Monfortino with a pizza.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's official: Manton (or Publius, or whoever) needs to step in and settle this ****. now where exactly is that dude hiding?!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why don't you people use the block feature? If you don't like someone's whining or videos or posts, block them.

The new site is great in that you never even see their posts on a thread -- it doesn't even come up as "this member's post is blocked." It's just totally wiped out. It's great.

ovlov

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input on trench coat fabrics and construction. It has been most enlightening.

I am also gearing up for my first bespoke suit. I have my heart set on a glen check, though it needs to be conservative enough for work

I'm currently looking swatches from H&S Cape Horn and Huddersfield Fine Worsted's Blenheim 2. I was also considering picking up the LL Raf blue brisa being sold by one of the members on here, though I'm a little unsure whether the resulting suit would be conservative enough for work wear.

Can anyone comment on the books mentioned or opinions on the fabrics I have been considering.

3fea6854-e77c-47b6-b190-7dfa79b23e81.jpg

H&S cape Horn

33806.jpg

Huddersfield Blenheim bue

33803.jpg

Huddersfield Blenheim grey

785370-d2c7976323b0b2aaf20ae2e68e90d11b.jpg

LL

Thanks in advance for the input guys. I apologise if this is a bit beneath the standard of discussion for this thread, It seems like the best place to ask for appropriately experienced advice.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on getting a jacket with a one piece back?
1) For what purpose? Novelty or pattern matching?
2) I'm quite certain your tailor will have an opinion on the matter, especially if you have a hard to fit physique...

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) For what purpose? Novelty or pattern matching?
2) I'm quite certain your tailor will have an opinion on the matter, especially if you have a hard to fit physique...

Pattern matching. I have a 21 oz LL cloth that seems a bit stiff. I wonder if there will be less give to the fabric if I go with a one piece back.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly do not make the rules here, nor do I pretend to. But if the powers that be feel it is appropriate that every other post of yours in this thread is an advertisement for your video blog, so be it. Honestly their tacit acceptance of this would hardly surprise me.

It is true that certain members have encouraged you. It is equally true that other members have asked you to stop. I believe if you take the unscientific approach of seeing whose posts concerning this subject have garnered the most likes, you will find yourself to be in the minority. But that is really not relevant.

To clarify I have not said that your videos are in bad taste. I have simply stated they are not in the apropriate thread. I can also say that many SF members also have active blogs about bespoke clothing but choose not to repeatedly advertise it in this thread. Perhaps they police themselves.

Finally, if you consider poking a bit of fun at your previous post to be high handed or in poor taste or like Eric believe me to be whining I suggest you follow our own advice and scroll past my posts or ignore me.

Now good day to you Sir.

Fair enough Fassbinder, you may block or scroll past my posts and likewise afford me the same liberty.

I am still awaiting your "edict" on what constitutes appropriateness and therefore the finite limits of this thread. Look, this place is a well of knowledge, if you've got an active blog I'd love to see it - thats how learning is done. And how would I know your blog exists if it weren't brought to my attention via a niche group such as SF?

I think you'd be well served to take a less dogmatic approach. This is not the US Supreme Court for Jakes sake ....

As to Tony Montana's response, I'm still not sure what difference it makes whether I post videos outright or "discretely" advertise my channel as you advise. You consider it acceptable to advertise discreetly in the same thread but otherwise in bad taste?

Interesting ....

Alan Bee

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still awaiting your "edict" on what constitutes appropriateness and therefore the finite limits of this thread.

The thread is about cloth for bespoke clothing. I don't understand your objections to finding a more appropriate thread for posts that aren't related to this subject matter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads