Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. C&A

C&A Senior member

allen :nest: wouldnt it be better if you just created a new thread about your youtube videos instead of constantly posting them in this thread? thanks

2. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

These videos are the only content being posted here, and are preventing this thread from stagnation.

3. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

I am kicking around the idea of a corduroy suit, looking for very fine wale. Any particular books I should look at?

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I have a mid-wale corduroy suit made from Hunt & Winterbotham's Eskdale bunch. I assume they have some pinwales on there. You can check with Huddersfield Fine Worsted, who sells the fabric.

Brisbane Moss also sells corduroy, although I don't know if they have needlecords in there. Be careful with the weight. If I remember correctly, they measure by linear meter, not square meter, so you'll have to convert (if you normally think of fabrics in square meter weights).

Both of those are pure cotton, which will feel slightly stiff. If you want something softer, you might want to look for a cotton/ cashmere blend. I believe @GusW has something like that from Zegna.

5. C&A

C&A Senior member

thats not really a confincing argument tbh. moreover, this thread was doing quite well actually. on average no more or less stagnation lately than there has been over the last nine years. not every thread needs the amount of posts as e.g. waywn.