• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No. The one I ran is slubby, but less aggressively so.

Inspired by this.

That would be awesome if it were black.

emptym

Reaction score
^If it was black. Think positive. Yes you can.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^If it was black.  Think positive.  Yes you can.

Is this a grammar correction? If it is, I think I am correct. "Were" is because it is not black, "was" implies that I am unsure if it was actually black or not. It isn't black, so it must be "were". Am I off-base here? (I went to public school).

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a grammar correction? If it is, I think I am correct. "Were" is because it is not black, "was" implies that I am unsure if it was actually black or not. It isn't black, so it must be "were". Am I off-base here? (I went to public school).

Of course you're right. Same reason we say, "If I were you" and not, "If I was you."

Another facepalm moment brought to you by Grown Adults

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are correct. Past tense, subjunctive.

emptym

Reaction score
Yeah, either "was" or "were" would be grammatically correct, but "was" would indicate that you think it's possible, or even probable. I have faith, PB, that you'll find a fabric like DW's, or that you'll get one woven if you can't find one. The question is, do you have faith in yourself?

Bespoke DJP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @patrickBOOTH

Do you care for some Lanificio Ermenegildo Zegna suggestions from the SS2017 collection for your project?

Best,

Dimitris

Chrjs

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a tobacco linen summer jacket and have found a wonderful fabric for it already. (Hardy Minnis 9243, 350gms)

But then I need proper trousers to wear with, I thought on off-white or pale beige in linen or a linen-cotton blend to make it more wrinkle resistant. Do you have some good fabrics in mind?

Last edited:

Bespoke DJP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since a lot of us want to have our options open, I am referring to both suiting and jacketing cloths:

a) suiting

In the Anteprima SS2017 (the collection which lasts only for the said season and then "expires"), page 71, one may find two suiting fabrics under the label "Deep Black". They are both 100% Superfine Australian Wool. The first (code 66114) has a weight of 250/260 gr, while the second (code 66115) has one of 230/240 gr.

b) jacketing

In the updated batch "Blazer Cool Effect" there are also two options, both composed of Wool 86% & Silk 14%, at 200gr - 6oz. The first (code 50104) is kind of hopsack, while the second (code 50112) has a more fine texture.

I hope you all the best to your project.

Best,

Dimitris

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads