• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Ike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Thanks! I'm open to all similar fabrics. Just looking for a fun pinstripe jacket with an approximate look and feel; if velvet's going to get me laughed out of a room, I'd definitely prefer to know.

I don't think it'd get you laughed out of many rooms. Just keep it simple and understated. I think the thing to watch out for is too much velvet shine, especially in the context you'd be using it for.

hombreingwar

Reaction score
I am from Europe and for the first time in USA, for two months already,
near Philadelphia, 5 mi from King Of Prussia Mall.

I am still without any warm clothing since arriving. But it is pretty cold already.
I don't know many clothing brands and pretty
hard on making buying decisions. Also I lost 20-30 lbs (neglected a gym).

Could you please suggest me brand making slim/tailored winter clothing (6ft, 147 lbs). $100-350

Peacoats, double breated coats, military wool jackets, anything stylish, versateil, for both dressy and casual occasions. I don't like how parkas/anoraks look. I need something on a lighter side, not bulky, travel oriented, to wear maybe also with a daypack/backpack. Keeping me warm at least in weather downto 10 F/-10 C with layering.

I usually wear L. M was usually narrow, L was usually bigger than needed.

For now I am looking into Urban Outfitters, Express, Armani Exchange. Have lots of experience buying online. At homecountry I was buying asos.com stuff, but they are more on an overpriced side.

Thank you

UPD 1
Superdry peacoat I liked last year, but didn't buy that time, because of weird sizing and huge label and overpriced to $300 ($150 on sale later on)
image1xl.jpg

Ended up with that "cheap" db coat instead http://www.omiru.com/wp-content/uplo...oat_100309.jpg
my first coat actually...

UPD 2. I stumbled over this 2007 year's thread
Durable, warm and stylish winter coat?
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=48473

about slim fit Acr'teryx's anorak - Fission LT Hoody

It's virtually weightless, durable, exceptionally warm, and still stylish enough to keep me looking good when in town. It isn't as puffy as the stock picture may lead you to believe, either. The front comes to just at my crotch and the rear covers ******.
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3377/dsc00444fd8.jpg

Even with only a tee on underneath, in -20 Celcius temperatures, I've been toasty while waiting for the streetcar in my Fission LT Hoody.

A note about sizing on my jacket: I'm 6', 155lbs, a 38R jacket, and I find the small fits like a glove.

I am actually fascinated by the idea wearing something over just a shirt and t-shirt and staying
warm at 10F/-10C. I was always layering throughout all those years wearing parkas. I didn't know that's even possible.

But it still looks bloody ugly, doesn't it.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
yes its ugly. search wings horns peacoat

someone was selling a medium wings and horns shorter khaki peacoat (more of a jacket) made out of superdry

CTstudent

Reaction score
Check B&S for better brands (like the aforementioned Wings + Horns)

Peacoats are obviously a great/timeless option.
The superdry one is a little bit trendy/ probably overpriced (based on my experience w/other superdry clothing)
Do yourself a favor and skip UO, armani exchange, and Express. They tend to be trendy and/or poorly made

For retail, try Sterlingwear of Boston for peacoats. They are great quality and are priced very well at around $150

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I find a sweater like this? I'm more interested in the fabric and general cut, less the weird detailing.

tristan-isolde49.jpg

729361726_876d178278_o.png

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTstudent
Check B&S for better brands (like the aforementioned Wings + Horns) For retail, try Sterlingwear of Boston for peacoats. They are great quality and are priced very well at around $150
Yeah, forgive me for saying this, but for quality / timelessness, you could ditch the inspired-by and just get yourself an actual pea coat.
peacoat.jpg
Made for the naval -- not fashion -- world, they cost less and last longer. (I get compliments on mine, too, but I admit, I'm a total n00b). @Ike: thanks for the tip!

Wiggles

Reaction score
can someone recommend me some oversize sweaters like the ones from bless or some of the pieces from yyph?

CTstudent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aliswag
Looking for solid winter boots, heading back to montreal, solid amount of snow..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...T#ht_983wt_907

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...T#ht_500wt_922

So far looked at those, but up to any suggestions thanks everyone..

Also, I am only 20..

God no, on those two pairs.

Check out this thread for ideas (uncontrol made it, and he also lives in Montreal):
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=211800

And if your not looking for something as baller as you will find in that thread, get either LL Bean duck boots or Sorel boots (with lining), as both of those are very good in the snow, and can be had for around $100. Less if your willing to search a little.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
It's underwear. Who cares if it has logos or not. Personally I like 2xist and Hugo Boss

I appriciate your answer, but the logo thing is a pet peeve of mine. Also, i am an active runner and often in the summer I happen run with my shirt off so underwear will at times be visable, all the more reason to avoid it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads