• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

heterophilous

Reaction score
Hi

Currently myself, rainbowgrease, yourself - heterophilous I've had a an expression from ERIII - ERIII you confirm you are still interested?

Smartlew are you in? If so that's 5.

Ducky - as per the thread its looking like acorn - are you in or out?

Heterophilous do you want to post on the trickers thread - even if its a quick one liner to let them know about the proposed MTO - don't know what the forum rules are here?

I'll email Richard and ask him about the last, unless zippyh or anyone else knows?

Thanks All - hopefully a couple more will join soon!!

Cheers
Dom

Hey DomD/ Great work soliciting interest on this.

I don't think there should be a problem with us posting MTO specs on the other thread.

Let's hear back from everyone here first, though. And then I'll go ahead and put up something there too . . .

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
4444 & Acorn Antique!
This is what Tricker's sent me a few weeks back in regards to the fitting on the 4497 last.

" The 4497 last comes up true to size and we would suggest that you stick to a 6 1/2, if you normally wear a 6 1/2.
If you have anything made on the 4444 last then go for a size 6."

I would prefer the 4444 last since my current 4497 stow fits a bit tight on the upper.

ERIII

Reaction score
I am on the fence....really am into the 1001 Burnished vs. Acorn Antique. The 1001 is a less common color on the boot and has such a nice natural leather look vs. the Acorn that is more commonly seen, especially on Stow's.

What is the vote count on the 1001 vs. Acorn?
What is the price quote for this build?

As to the last....I have both and prefer the 4444 (fitting5), it is a roomier fit in the toe box, both width and height. It also gives a more "rugged" proportion to a boot like this. If you don't have a wide foot than a half size down is a pretty good recommendation on size.

ducky

Reaction score
I may be in if it's the 4444 last with commando sole.
What's the consensus on the welt? storm or barbour? To be honest I've some problems to distinguish those 2.

I have high instep and large feet.
I have both 4444 and 4497 as well in the same size

- 4444 is perfect fit, really comfortable from day 1.
- 4497 is very tight in the toe box and instep (too tight actually, but half size bigger is way too big).

I also prefer visually the 4444 last (more balanced imo)

DomD

Reaction score
Have sent an email to Richard @ SH he's away for a few days so as soon as I hear back I'll update the Thread.

I've asked a couple of additional Q's along with the info on the last.

Cheers

DomD

Reaction score
I'd be happy with a 4444 last. Thanks for the image Ducky, really helpful!!

It's on a commando, I struggle with distinguishing welts too, one of the Q's I gave asked is how practical it is to burnish an acorn boot so it is like a 1001 - will update as soon as I hear back.

When initially speaking to Richard he did mention a '1001' be interested to know what everyone who is on board thinks?

Think price is likely to be £390.00 (approx) as long as it is a Bulk MTO.

Cheers

DomD

Reaction score
Some interim info courtesy of Richard @ The Shoehealer :

The Eaton based model can go on either 4497s or 4444 Last.

It is most likely that the Junya model is on 4497s, but would need one at hand, and checked the Insole. So maybe a forum member can confirm?

For Bulk MTO we all need be on same Last, and in same Width Fitting.

Richard advises " I find, that most are suited to dropping just half a size from US to UK Sizes in 4497s."
&
"The 4444 being generous by Half a Size, necessitates for most, a Full Size drop from US to UK sizes. "

He wouldn’t be confident of Burnishing Acorn to match 1001 Burnished.

Richard need's confirmed interest, and a 100 GBP deposit from each person on confirmation of order.

When the final spec is decided, and written in the correct format, all participants would be sent a copy of the spec with their size, at which time the deposit is required.

Depending on how we go in terms of definite/confirmed interest we are looking at perhaps January delivery, subject to no delays at the factory.

Hope this helps.....I'll update the spec format later on here.

Best
Dom

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Junyas are 4497.
Style number on the box is M7527.
Also, Junyas are sized oddly. They're marked 1/2 size larger than they are.
So a Junya Tricker's marked 10UK is actually a 9.5UK.

heterophilous

Reaction score
I'd be happy with a 4444 last. Thanks for the image Ducky, really helpful!!

It's on a commando, I struggle with distinguishing welts too, one of the Q's I gave asked is how practical it is to burnish an acorn boot so it is like a 1001 - will update as soon as I hear back.

When initially speaking to Richard he did mention a '1001' be interested to know what everyone who is on board thinks?

Think price is likely to be £390.00 (approx) as long as it is a Bulk MTO.

Cheers

is that £390.00 inclusive of VAT?

and approximately £312.00 exclusive of VAT?

heterophilous

Reaction score
Some interim info courtesy of Richard @ The Shoehealer :

The Eaton based model can go on either 4497s or 4444 Last.

It is most likely that the Junya model is on 4497s, but would need one at hand, and checked the Insole. So maybe a forum member can confirm?

For Bulk MTO we all need be on same Last, and in same Width Fitting.

Richard advises " I find, that most are suited to dropping just half a size from US to UK Sizes in 4497s."
&
"The 4444 being generous by Half a Size, necessitates for most, a Full Size drop from US to UK sizes. "

He wouldn’t be confident of Burnishing Acorn to match 1001 Burnished.

Richard need's confirmed interest, and a 100 GBP deposit from each person on confirmation of order.

When the final spec is decided, and written in the correct format, all participants would be sent a copy of the spec with their size, at which time the deposit is required.

Depending on how we go in terms of definite/confirmed interest we are looking at perhaps January delivery, subject to no delays at the factory.

Hope this helps.....I'll update the spec format later on here.

Best
Dom

I'm wondering whether Tricker's advice about sizing down a half from your "normal" UK size is more useful than following international conversions.

I'm a US 11D when it comes to practically all US shoes, and am a UK 10E when it comes to C&J, AS, Church's, and Loake.

But the Tricker's 4444 last in UK10 is too roomy and large for my foot.

Am still cool with the 4444 option, though. I just want to double-check with Richard and see if he thinks a UK 9.5 will work for me. I've seen comments from others that suggest it will.

As for the 1001 burnished versus Acorn Antique debate, I'm still leaning toward the Acorn Antique. I love the orange pop that it's got.

It may be a standard color when it comes to Tricker's, but it's a really unique one when compared to other brands.

The 1001 burnished, by comparison, looks a bit dull to me, and seems more suitable for a dressy oxford shoe with a varnished welt. When you pair it with a black sole and a natural welt, however, it looks kinda blah:

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/02/08/trickers-austerity-stow-lsw-lsbh/

DomD

Reaction score
I think it is inclusive of VAT but I'm not 100% so would want Richard @ the Shoe Healer to confirm - again maybe someone from the forum/outside of the UK who has participated in a bulk MTO could advise as well?

I'm sure Richard will give best advice individually on any specific sizing queries dependent on last etc.

DomD

Reaction score
Thought it was worth a re-cap to get definite's & also for others to get on-board too if there is interest:

So Current idea is:

MTO Junya Superboots/Eaton model - no medallion on toe

4444 last (5 fitting)
Colour: Acorn Antique
Lining: Vintage Green Calf Lining
Sole: Commando sole
Welt - either natural or dark TBC
Pull Tabs: Orange
Eyelets: Brass eyelets

Cheers
Dom

heterophilous

Reaction score
Thought it was worth a re-cap to get definite's & also for others to get on-board too if there is interest:

So Current idea is:

MTO Junya Superboots/Eaton model - no medallion on toe

4444 last (5 fitting)
Colour: Acorn Antique
Lining: Vintage Green Calf Lining
Sole: Commando sole
Welt - either natural or dark TBC
Pull Tabs: Orange
Eyelets: Brass eyelets

Cheers
Dom

i'm in favor of an unvarnished "natural" welt . . .

it's what tricker's does better than anyone else, and it makes for a nice contrast between the orange uppers and a darkish sole.

here are two comparison photos for people to consider.

acorn on a "varnished" welt:

and acorn on a "natural" welt:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads