1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I would be in for teak. Would prefer the sole as pictured but would consider danite.

2. Silent Speaker

Silent Speaker Well-Known Member

Please do excuse me and my crappy eyes, but is Iris cordovan more violet or more blue? (I really cannot tell) (and it does look good - even with my eyes - just saying.....)

3. rainbowgrease

rainbowgrease Senior member

Is more Violet. This image looks sorta blue since they use a flash.

4. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I would be interested if it's in Teak. The rest of the components, I'm pretty easy. First of all, there must be enough interest to make it a success.

Back in Nov/Dec 2013, there was a Teak Daniel MTO but was abandoned because there was not enough interest. Hope it's gonna happen this time.

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I'm sure a lot of people say they're in and then are no-shows when it's time to pay up. I'm new to this concept but will reiterate, that if the teak cordovan option is selected, then I am definitely in.

6. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

I might be in - would need to know the price before committing though.

7. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

Those Iris boots are really beautiful. Does anybody on here have any Tricker's in cordovan that have been really well used? I'd just like to know how well they are likely to age, as I understand their cordovan isn't Horween sourced, and for me the Horween stuff is a known quantity, but the Comipel skin is not.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just got an email from Richard, burgundy kelmscott have finally arrived. Thx for everyone participating in this MTO.

9. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

Gents ... you might remember me posting requests for your interest in a suede Burford a while ago .... which, sadly, no-one bar one bought into at the time. Well, Richard went ahead with it anyway and the boots arrived today. They look warmer in the flesh (I will take some more pictures in better light) and I love them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Mighty. These look great. Glad your were still able to get them. Please remember to post some pics after some miles are on them

Enjoy

11. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

I've just discovered the Shoe Healer gallery of past MTOs and saw something I liked, this stitch toe cap balmoral in black:http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricker...-gallery/custom-made-trickers-balmoral-detail

[​IMG]

There was some talk early in this thread of Alfred Sargent maybe being a better choice for a MTO balmoral thanTrickers, but that looks fine to me (not sure about the red lining and pull tab though).

I'm looking for a plain (no broguing but with stitch detailing) black boot on dainite / ridge that isn't so elongated and chisel toed as the Crockett and Jones Northcote, but is a sleeker than every other boot I've come across (EG Galway is out of my price range). Anybody else interested in something similar? I'd be equally interested in a derby as an oxford boot.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  12. Baldrick

Baldrick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got time to load the pics....
    Is teak cord allan getting made? I may jump on that

13. ravn

ravn Active Member

[quote

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  14. Renton

Renton Senior member

That bal boots is done the 6038L last, one of Tricker's city lasts. The only other boot made on that last is a lightweight Stow with finer broguing much like the not Stows from STP.

15. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Paddle Feet Unite!

Any chance peeps would be interested in an Allan Cordo on 4444-6 fitting?

16. Mighty Morris

Dear All,

Sad news, my Ultimate Desert Boot MTO split. Just one of those things .... the important thing is how everyone responded.

First of all Richard was as devastated as me. He had them collected ASAP and returned them to the factory, no quibbles.

Secondly, Tricker's were extremely sorry. Hands up, their fault. They made up a replacement pair ... again no quibbles. And they did it in three weeks!

I have just received them from Richard (including an added bonus ... thank you for your generosity, Sir). They somehow look better than the originals. And careful inspection reveals them to be a little more robust around the area where the originals split.

So, a disappointment followed by exemplary customer service.

We all love Tricker's ... or we wouldn't be on here. And we all consider Richard and Shoe Healer to be the best at what they do. I just wanted to make the point that they are both even better than we thought.

Thank you Tricker's for putting things right.

Thank you Richard for setting he highest standards in the business ... your level of customer support is unsurpassed and an example to everyone else of how it should be done.

MM

here are Richard's pics of the boots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Where did they split?

18. Mighty Morris

They split along the outside quarter panel seam, just back from the facing .... a tear of about 4cm in length.

The replacements feel as though they have more overlap ... i.e. they shouldn't be stitched through the skived part of the hide.

They are lovely boots.

MM

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Cipresso Shell Cordovan Captoe Boot GMTO through the shoehealer

1. Model: Eaton (minus the Medallion) which looks a lot like the Junya make-up
    [​IMG]
    2. Last: w2298
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3. Colour: Cipresso Green Comipel Shell Cordovan
    [​IMG]
    4. Lining: Vintage Green
    [​IMG]
    5. Eyelets/Speedhooks: Brass
    [​IMG]
    6. Laces: Dark Brown
    7. Pull Tabs: Green
    [​IMG]
    8. Welt Type and Colour: Barbour Light brown [​IMG]
    9. Sole Type and Colour: Brown Dainite

4 interested, we need 2 more for a go. Cost in the low $700s with shipping, shipped Parcel force. Order will be submitted as soon as we get the 6th member. Once we have 6, ill send everyone a PM and send over your details to Richard.

interested so far:
    @mothball
    @rydenfan
    @Calikid
    NAMOR
    zippyh

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Word!

We may need less than 6 if Richard takes a few for the shop.

How are you sizing 2298?