• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

heterophilous

Reaction score
I think it is inclusive of VAT but I'm not 100% so would want Richard @ the Shoe Healer to confirm - again maybe someone from the forum/outside of the UK who has participated in a bulk MTO could advise as well?

I'm sure Richard will give best advice individually on any specific sizing queries dependent on last etc.

oh yikes. i forgot to confirm one last point with you, DomD?

before i put something up on the other thread, i need to know what the final pricing on the boots are.

was the £390.00 quote from Richard inclusive of VAT or exclusive?

DomD

Reaction score
Richard is away for a few days so I will have to confirm next week on the VAT issue, unless there is something on this on a previous reply to this thread ?

Cheers

heterophilous

Reaction score
Richard is away for a few days so I will have to confirm next week on the VAT issue, unless there is something on this on a previous reply to this thread ?

Cheers

okay, let's wait until he gets back in order to confirm. i did a bit of searching on this thread, but nothing recent enough to make an inference on calfskin MTOs. . .

heterophilous

Reaction score
Thought it was worth a re-cap to get definite's & also for others to get on-board too if there is interest:

So Current idea is:

MTO Junya Superboots/Eaton model - no medallion on toe

4444 last (5 fitting)
Colour: Acorn Antique
Lining: Vintage Green Calf Lining
Sole: Commando sole
Welt - either natural or dark TBC
Pull Tabs: Orange
Eyelets: Brass eyelets

Cheers
Dom
also, found this photo of a perforated captoe boot on the 4444 last . . . looks very nice:

DomD

Reaction score
They look sweet!!!

So regarding confirmation of current Bulk MTO pricing here:

Bulk MTO are priced at stock price of £390.00 GBP within the EU, or for outside of the EU a 20% (VAT) reduction is applied, which makes them £325.00 GBP.

Cheers

Dom

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

They look sweet!!!

So regarding confirmation of current Bulk MTO pricing here:

Bulk MTO are priced at stock price of £390.00 GBP within the EU, or for outside of the EU a 20% (VAT) reduction is applied, which makes them £325.00 GBP.

Cheers

Dom 

BTW, for USAns ordering from Shoe Healer, be sure to ask him to ship via Royal Mail/Parcel Force.
It'll take a couple days longer but you almost eliminate risk of having to pay duty (about 8.5%) plus any DHL/Fedex/UPS brokerage fees ($12-30).

heterophilous

Reaction score
They look sweet!!!

So regarding confirmation of current Bulk MTO pricing here:

Cheers

Dom

that's great. i'm in. it's a good deal when considering what models like these typically retail for stateside or abroad . . .

and thanks for words of wisdom, zippyh too . . . yes, it would be wise to use royalmail / parcelforce as ups / fedex brokerage fees can be absolutely ridonculous . . .

will put something up on the other forum later tonight . ..

DomD

Reaction score
Cool - great price really for something special. Be good for others to confirm interest now price is confirmed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Seriously I am in, but does everyone really like "Vintage Green Calf Lining" - maybe switch to red or orange just like the pull tabs.*

DomD

Reaction score
Not tied to green lining personally - or see it as a deal breaker, prefer orange to red.

Cheers

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
So Recap:

So Current idea is:

MTO Junya Superboots/Eaton model - no medallion on toe

4444 last (5 fitting)
Colour: Acorn Antique
Lining: Red
Sole: Commando sole
Welt - either natural or dark TBC
Pull Tabs: Orange
Eyelets: Brass eyelets

DomD

Reaction score
Pretty much....Welt is natural.

Who's in?

Cheers

ravn

Reaction score
Hello

I`am in.

I`m the one that posted the photo you referred to earlier... Eaton on a 4444 last and burgundy calf leather :)

I got another pair of Eaton, in Snuff Waxy Commander, no toe die, orange linning, black binding, black pull loops, black eyelets, barbour welt in dark brown finish with natural welt and off-white welt stitching, black commando sole and dark brown waxed laces.
(the natural welt and the off white stiching is polished with a mix of black and burgundy Saphir).

Both mine are on a 4444 last but with a fitting 6. But I guess I can take a pair with fitting 5. I need a pair when I do not need to wear heavy socks. Both my pairs are ordered trough Richard.

Appreciate the effort setting up this group MTO.

Cheers

Last edited:

heterophilous

Reaction score
Hello

I`am in.

I`m the one that posted the photo you referred to earlier... Eaton on a 4444 last and burgundy calf leather :)

I got another pair of Eaton, in Snuff Waxy Commander, no toe die, orange linning, black binding, black pull loops, black eyelets, barbour welt in dark brown finish with natural welt and off-white welt stitching, black commando sole and dark brown waxed laces.
(the natural welt and the off white stiching is polished with a mix of black and burgundy Saphir).

Both mine are on a 4444 last but with a fitting 6. But I guess I can take a pair with fitting 5. I need a pair when I do not need to wear heavy socks. Both my pairs are ordered trough Richard.

Appreciate the effort setting up this group MTO.

Cheers

Excellent!

Glad to have you on board, ravn.

With 4 committed, we've only got two to more to go . ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads