• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am working on a 2 tone saddle shoe with Richard. I had planned on doing it MTO but I have received a few PM's from people expressing interest so I thought I would throw it up here and see.

Here are the details:

2 tone saddle with burnished coffee and navy leather (metal eyelets)
reverse welt with painted trim
brown dainite sole
last could be 4444, 4497 or W2298 (Richard is checking and will get back to me)

This is an example of what the Trickers saddle shoe looks like

here is the color combination for the makeup

Please PM me if you are interested. I dont have a final price from Richard yet but can get it if there is enough interest in the makeup

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
is there a good email for richard? I sent an email about a possible MTO and neer got a response

smartlew

Reaction score
So saddle shoe would be navy pebble and coffee smooth, no broguing?

Possibly interested dependant on last and price (4497 for me).

Lee

Reaction score

is there a good email for richard? I sent an email about a possible MTO and neer got a response

He's an extremely busy, hard working guy. I'm sure he'll get back to you. During dealing with my MTO 2 / 3 weeks ago, he was handling about 6 others at the same time (x 5 - 6 people per order) as well as running a shop.

He takes Wednesday off.

I'm 100% sure he'll get back to you, just make sure the email is correct.

Richard's customer service is the best around.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So saddle shoe would be navy pebble and coffee smooth, no broguing?

Possibly interested dependant on last and price (4497 for me).

No pebbled. The picture was only to represent the saddle model. It will be the exact leathers in the second pic

Lee

Reaction score

Spoke with Richard at SH and he likes my idea for a group MTO and is willing to take 2 pairs himself. Meaning I need to get 4 more, so with me we only need 3 more. Price quoted was 412.50 GBP excluding Vat and he pays shipping (wasn't clear if this was just from factory to him or him to us). This is the mock up I proposed: Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe) Iris Cordovan Leather Silver Eyeletts Red Lining Red pull loop Red dainite sole Natural Welt Fashion Yellow Laces 4497 Last Was also informed priced across the board for stock and MTO are going up effective August 1st, so let's get on this order. $631 or so Iris Shell Cordovan Boots!! PM Me to get added! Think Something Like This, but with silver eyeletts. (sorry about the photo edit job):
Found these on eBay which are fairly similar to your MTO aren't they? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-TRIC...6678583?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43bef72c37

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Spoke with Richard at SH and he likes my idea for a group MTO and is willing to take 2 pairs himself. Meaning I need to get 4 more, so with me we only need 3 more. Price quoted was 412.50 GBP excluding Vat and he pays shipping (wasn't clear if this was just from factory to him or him to us). This is the mock up I proposed: Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe) Iris Cordovan Leather Silver Eyeletts Red Lining Red pull loop Red dainite sole Natural Welt Fashion Yellow Laces 4497 Last Was also informed priced across the board for stock and MTO are going up effective August 1st, so let's get on this order. $631 or so Iris Shell Cordovan Boots!! PM Me to get added! Think Something Like This, but with silver eyeletts. (sorry about the photo edit job):
Found these on eBay which are fairly similar to your MTO aren't they? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-TRIC...6678583?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43bef72c37
It's a very different style. Plus the color on those is way different from how they appear in that auction. They're actually brown. The MTO is an Eaton style with no medallion. It's a true cap toe with punches. The auction ones are an Allan style. Here's my pair.

smartlew

Reaction score
No pebbled. The picture was only to represent the saddle model. It will be the exact leathers in the second pic

If you change your mind to gold mc with espresso pebble saddle and a toe medallion let me know. I doubt that'll happen though.
wink.gif

And that brogue still looks great.

DomD

Reaction score

Hi All,

I am trying to see if there is any interest in the option of a Bulk MTO of the above, the model is 'Eaton' but without the Toe Medallion, the colour shown is 1001 burnished & think it makes a very attractive & wearable boot.

I've spoken to another customer at the Shoe Healer and they are keen in joining the list, so Richard suggested posting on here.

Couple of options....to explore gauge interest in:

1001 burnished
Orange pull tabs
Orange lining
Orange dainite or brown commando
Welt as image

or

Marron Antique
Red pull tabs

green lining
Red dainite
Welt as image

or any other suggestions.....Look forward to hearing if anyone wants to join in.

Best
Dom

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
I am in!

Did Richard mention the new MTO pricing, or were you quoted the old price?

I would go with the orange dainite so is not 100% Junya Wanatabe boot.

Kind Regards

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hi All, I am trying to see if there is any interest in the option of a Bulk MTO of the above, the model is 'Eaton' but without the Toe Medallion, the colour shown is 1001 burnished & think it makes a very attractive & wearable boot. I've spoken to another customer at the Shoe Healer and they are keen in joining the list, so Richard suggested posting on here. Couple of options....to explore gauge interest in: 1001 burnished Orange pull tabs Orange lining Orange dainite or brown commando Welt as image or Marron Antique Red pull tabs green lining Red dainite Welt as image or any other suggestions.....Look forward to hearing if anyone wants to join in. Best Dom
I think brass eyelets would look good too but I'm just standing on the sidelines since I've got the Acorn Junyas pictured here.

ducky

Reaction score
I may be interested if it's on 4444 last, rather marron antique as I've already a pair in 1001 burnished and find it hard to take care (I ended up polishing them with incolore Saphir cream).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads