• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

DomD

Reaction score
Those Junya's are sweet.

Agreed on the Brass eyelet's.

@rainbowgrease as its an initial enquiry I expect it will have to be at new price. Would you still be interested and open to marron?

Thanks

D.

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
I've found 'marron antique' very hard to like, I don't think I can stay on the boat. ;p
Perhaps someone with skill can put together a Photoshop version of the boots?
I'll PM you if things change.

DomD

Reaction score
@rainbowgrease - it's 50/50 at the moment so will keep you posted

Cheers

heterophilous

Reaction score
@rainbowgrease - it's 50/50 at the moment so will keep you posted

Cheers

you're talking about the junya superboots, right? really loved the makeup, but was reluctant to pull the trigger last season given the insane markup and bizzare sizing scheme:

i'd be in for a group mto on this. prefer the smooth and continuous tone of the "acorn antique" over a "1001 burnished" toe, but am still open on that front.

no dainite, though. commando is way preferable.

here are two more photos of the leathers being considered.

this one is of "acorn antique" on a natural welt:

and this one is of "1001 burnished" on a natural welt:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The suede Junya x Trickers boots were so nice... maybe the first boots that made me consider the Cristy sole.

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
I like the specs on your boot, commando sole would be better for me as well.
and 'acorn antique' is the way to go!

smartlew

Reaction score
1001 looks more orange on this latest set of pics?

But yes, brown commando is the correct choice.

Also reminds me how much I want a pair of monkeys :(

Last edited:

DomD

Reaction score
Nice-one heterophilous, good to have you as a potential on-board...agreed on the commando sole. A sweet looking boot.

Good to see that folk are interested in this and there's a chance this could make it to order!!

Cheers

heterophilous

Reaction score
Nice-one heterophilous, good to have you as a potential on-board...agreed on the commando sole. A sweet looking boot.

Good to see that folk are interested in this and there's a chance this could make it to order!!

Cheers

so who are the all potentials we have on board now?

DomD, his shoehealer contact, smartlew, rainbowgrease, and myself?

that means maybe one or two more for a reduced price MTO . . .

should we post to the "Official Tricker's Thread", and see if there are any other takers?

so far it's looking like a perforated captoe boot on a commando sole, in either acorn or 1001 burnished?

4497 last, i'm presuming? or is someone insistent on the 4444?

does richard know what last the original junya makeup was on?

i've never ever been able to get a concrete fix on that . . .

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Looks like the Acorn antique is favorable so far.
According to Tricker's the Eaton boot is a "4497 " last, I am pretty sure the Junya is the same, I believe the "4444" last is a bit pointy and wider.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
4444 is the opposite of pointy.

DomD

Reaction score
Hi

Currently myself, rainbowgrease, yourself - heterophilous I've had a an expression from ERIII - ERIII you confirm you are still interested?

Smartlew are you in? If so that's 5.

Ducky - as per the thread its looking like acorn - are you in or out?

Heterophilous do you want to post on the trickers thread - even if its a quick one liner to let them know about the proposed MTO - don't know what the forum rules are here?

I'll email Richard and ask him about the last, unless zippyh or anyone else knows?

Thanks All - hopefully a couple more will join soon!!

Cheers
Dom

ducky

Reaction score
rainbowgrease, I have a Eaton in 4444, it's not a "4497 boot".

Anyway, I've already a pair of Bourton in 1001 burnished. Besides, I can't fit 4497 so I'll pass.

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Ok thanks for clarifying the Eaton last.
I would then go for a 4444 last.

heterophilous

Reaction score
rainbowgrease, I have a Eaton in 4444, it's not a "4497 boot".

Anyway, I've already a pair of Bourton in 1001 burnished. Besides, I can't fit 4497 so I'll pass.

Actually, you can do an "Eaton" style boot in either 4444 or 4497. see for instance, this Shoehealer 4497 makeup here:

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricke...llery/tricker-s-eaton-coffee-burnished-detail

IIRC, a lot of Richard's most recent Eaton makeups have been on the 4497. The fit is more true to size with the 4497 (i.e. a UK10=UK10).

With the 4444, however, opinion is more divided about what size works best for what person.

Some prefer to take Tricker's official advice about dropping done a half size from one's standard UK size. (i.e a UK10=UK9.5)

But there are others who actually like the roomier fit at is.

Is "ducky" on board for a perforated captoe "Eaton" spec (i.e. no medallion brogue), if it's on the 4444 last in acorn antique?

I think it's worthwhile getting Richard's advice about sizing too on the 4444 . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads