1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

If forced to choose, I would go with the recent MTO. But they are both really sweet and I would all-in for either. Be great if we could pull this off.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Just keep in mind that the 4497 last has a pretty different shape from the above picture. The toe back will be less chiseled and more rounded

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I'd be up for this one in cotto with a light or antique edge trim. I could probably be very easily convinced to get dark edge too.

The pictured ones are mine. They were the only thing that made me hesitate for a half second when the whiskey Harlech MTO came up.
    In a dimly lit room, it's easy to mix up the two.

Cotto for reference (from the Bureau).
    [​IMG]

4. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

@zippyh

Cotto with an antique trim would be my preference as well, and I'm pretty flexible with sole type.

What is the name of the model of yours pictured above?

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

No idea if they have a name.
    When I bought them they were just described as 9 eyelet boots.

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Is there a GMTO being made? I'm interested in a teak or similar color cordovan boot.

7. nemo

nemo Senior member

+1, also interested.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Okay. I haven't found anyone actually organizing this order, so I can take point on this one. I am going to copy the previous order. Here are the specs that we are looking at. I will refine these as I learn more about Trickers over the next day or so. But here is the basics: -Cap Toe Boot "Allan Boot" -Teak Shell Cordovan -Red Danite Soles -Red Lining and Pull-Tab -Brass Eyelets (No Speedhooks) -Allan boot in Teck cordovan -Mid Brown binding along the edge of the facings -Natural Barbour welt Please PM me if you want to join this gMTO. -Mike

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

the boot is called the Allan Boot. That may be helpful when communicating with Richard or Trickers

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

@mdubs__ check w/Richard 1st if he has extra pairs made on the MTO.
    Also, this was organized around Aug/Sep last year & maybe some peeps pulled out their orders cuz it took awhile to properly get them done

11. brp2

brp2 Senior member

I'd definitely second this -- I like the sleeker last more. I'd probably still be interested in a Dainite sole for versatility. I'd really need to figure out my sizing on Tricker's lasts if this came to fruition, however.

12. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Will you be organising the PTB? I very much wanted this, nearly did a single MTO on Teak Shell Daniel (hope the name is correct). But, gave up due to the price.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Probably. Although I got a ton of different preorders right now so it will likely be a few months

14. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

@ rydenfan - no hurry & I understand your situation. You should be receiving yours soon & probably another preorder waiting for you after that

15. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Would be interested in a shell PTB if it's on the 4444 last.

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Something like this (other shoe is Alden)? I was fortunate enough to score these on sale from Superdenim for 304GBP shipped.
    [​IMG]

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

wow, great deal! Yes, I would like something similar but like with a flat welt and maybe the tan instead of natural so it is a bit darker

18. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

^^ Yes,yes.......... Something like that would be great

19. 45bur

45bur Senior member

20. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

i would very much prefer the Teak