• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't love a shawl collar. My guess is it was Varvatos or Vince. They both make some nice stuff with that look. He wore it well.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
on a more serious note, did anyone notice the sweater-jacket tom had on? very sharp, i thought. deets?
laugh.gif
+1

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I don't love a shawl collar. My guess is it was Varvatos or Vince. They both make some nice stuff with that look. He wore it well.

he and i have similarly unfortunate builds. i liked the linen jacket he had on in last year's finals and when i ran into him he said it was boss ... oh well.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Blais is very talented, but Top Liquid Nitrogen has become more annoying than Top Foam, Top Gnocchi, and Top Scallop.

I think he's done a lot more than liquid nitrogen on many occasions.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I think he's done a lot more than liquid nitrogen on many occasions.

+1

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
WTF was up with Angelo's outfit? Did he really have on cargo shorts and dark over the calf dress socks?

As for Blaise, his hair just is hard to look at. I wish he would not wear it like that.

Very impressed with Dale. He's got better control of himself (not perfect) and it is showing in his performance. He got very ghetto at Tom one time and I'm surprised he was asked back. Good to see he's grown up a bit.

The only thing worse than Blaise's hair is his sunglasses.

Dale also got really, really street with Michael Chiarello. That was the only episode of top chef where I thought there was actually going to be punches thrown.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
The only thing worse than Blaise's hair is his sunglasses.

Dale also got really, really street with Michael Chiarello. That was the only episode of top chef where I thought there was actually going to be punches thrown.

Ah yeah, that's who it was. Yes, right up in his face. If I was Chiarello I would either have smacked him, had him removed, walked off set or all three.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ah yeah, that's who it was. Yes, right up in his face. If I was Chiarello I would either have smacked him, had him removed, walked off set or all three.

let's just say that in the culinary community, chiarello lacks a certain gravitas.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
let's just say that in the culinary community, chiarello lacks a certain gravitas.

I can see this but it does not excuse Dale's behavior. If I were the contestants I would be viewing my performance as one long, video taped and nationally televised job interview. Dale really has improved. Granted he reverted to form during restaurant wars but this is still a superior interview than the first one.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to excuse Dale's behaviour, but from what I've been told, Chiarello can be a real butt hole at times.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Chiarello was being a real tool that episode treating professional chefs like ******* children trying out for a kickball team. There was a reason why Hubert Keller owned that challenge and Chiarello went home.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Won't play in Canada ^^^
plain.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching the replay of Season 2 finale while I work....At Judge's Table... Padma says "Well..Hung..." and then she gets the biggest smirk on her face, like she'd been waiting all season to make that joke.

Also just noticed that Hung hugs Kasey for a REALLY long time (shocker) and that Marcel was in the audience to congratulate him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads