• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted blais to win his season, and I really hope he does it this time.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I wanted blais to win his season, and I really hope he does it this time.
he should be disqualified for occasionally speaking in the third person

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ChicagoRon has never noticed that he does that

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angelo is such a weirdo with his emotional outburst. That and his weird "crocodile" thing he wrote on his table trying to be "artsy".

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm judging.. but the mail-order bride is a little suspect too

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I hate it when they handicap the chefs with unrealistic limitations. I want to see the best food, not the best food they make with a spork and hot plate.

+1, this was one of the worst elimination challenges in the history of top chef. Its almost like the Bravo executives decided to sacrifice an entire episode to the gods of product placement.

Dale is tearing this season up, even if his cookie was a complete David Chang knock off.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dale is absolutely cleaning up this season. Last night's challenge was just ridiculous. Yea, it's cool that target is a sponsor and all but holy **** that was just awful.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea the whole episode was dumb with the sesame street characters and unrealistic challenge.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cookie monster and elmo was not dumb. I thought it was kind of cute. I also like that they throw some baking in... having at least a cursory knowledge of pastry separates the men from the boys.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would have been fun early in the season, but in the prime time, its kind of stupid.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The muppets were awesome. I was cracking up the whole time. Best quickfire ever.

The target challenge. Not really a fan. The 100 portions was just too much for a makeshift kitchen. They have done the kooky kitchens in the past like when they all grilled at the farm/dude ranch, but never 100 portions.

Not really an Angelo fan.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
The muppets were awesome. I was cracking up the whole time. Best quickfire ever. The target challenge. Not really a fan. The 100 portions was just too much for a makeshift kitchen. They have done the kooky kitchens in the past like when they all grilled at the farm/dude ranch, but never 100 portions. Not really an Angelo fan.
You know - if Antonia was able to do 100 eggs over-easy, it couldn't have been THAT hard. I wanted to be a sosa fan.. I believe he is talented. But.. def not my favorite. I really do think he should have won last season tho

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Not really sure how that clown Mike Isabella is still around...

I was surprised but not heartbroken with the elimination last night. I'm in shock that Angelo didn't taste and realize that his soup was incredibly salty. It's one thing to make a lackluster soup (Carla) but another to serve something that is inedible.

I'm thinking Blaise, Dale, Antonia as the final 3.

ehh.. Mike Isabella is one hell of a chef. He is far from being out of place in that group.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't realize it until reading grant achatz' book, but blais was an early comer in the french laundry kitchen.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
ehh.. Mike Isabella is one hell of a chef. He is far from being out of place in that group.

You're probably right, but he seemed to be mostly talk last season often riding on Michael Voltaggio's coat tails, and now this season he's been on the bottom on challenges where he should have shined (according to him).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sallydaveis