• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

It seems my grandma is near the end. The final decline was surprising in its totality. Last Thursday night, she was talking, watching TV, fairly with-it. Within 12 hours she had entered a semi-comatic state and has been lingering ever since. We've been with her daily and I'm very grateful for the scant hours of lucidity she has given us. A lot of it has been babble that seems connected to her childhood ("Tell Mom I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make her angry!" and the like) but interspersed have been touching comments, always with a thin smile, like "Hi Michael, I love you."
This is the first time I've been around a dying relative. I just hope she passes on soon so that the ordeal is over, mostly for her sake but also for ours. It's beyond agonizing.

Sorry Mike. That's brutal. I've lived this with my grandfather and father. It's truly gut-wrenching, but as others have said, you'll be glad you were there and you'll learn a lot of compassion for others' plights.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to send you, the thing that I said I would send tomorrow six months ago tomorrow, 2 days later still nothing. :rolleyes:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Conne but agree with you that a speedy resolution is best for all. That's what I'm hoping for you all.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat Conne. I saw my grandmother on Saturday. I think it is going to be the last time I see her unfortunately. It was horrible seeing her in the condition she was in. It seems like when you get near the end things go downhill extremely fast. Just last year we were all out to dinner laughing drink wine and now this.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^condolences

my sister (a very headstrong and impulsive woman in her 40's) just called. told me that she bought my brother and I tickets to see my mother and father next month. I was the last to be informed.

she just wanted to surprise everyone to have an impromptu reunion of sorts.

the part that pisses me off is that she just went and bought these tickets without even checking with our schedules, the prices for the tickets (totally overpriced, bought on credit which she can't afford, and bad flight times ect). She did this because she expects/assumes that I'm going to cover the cost of all the tickets after the fact. Now I have to carve two weeks out of my schedule, inform my wife (who's going to be pissed - because she can't get off work since its so impromptu).

this isn't an easy flight - its halfway across the world.

there's going to be a ton of drama in the next couple of days. i haven't told my wife yet because we've got a trip this weekend and I don't want to deal with her being pissed the whole time, and then dealing with my sister who's going to be angry because I'm not totally grateful/supportive/happy with her "present" to me (that I'll eventually have to pay for).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^condolences
my sister (a very headstrong and impulsive woman in her 40's) just called. told me that she bought my brother and I tickets to see my mother and father next month. I was the last to be informed.
she just wanted to surprise everyone to have an impromptu reunion of sorts.
the part that pisses me off is that she just went and bought these tickets without even checking with our schedules, the prices for the tickets (totally overpriced, bought on credit which she can't afford, and bad flight times ect). She did this because she expects/assumes that I'm going to cover the cost of all the tickets after the fact. Now I have to carve two weeks out of my schedule, inform my wife (who's going to be pissed - because she can't get off work since its so impromptu).
this isn't an easy flight - its halfway across the world.
there's going to be a ton of drama in the next couple of days. i haven't told my wife yet because we've got a trip this weekend and I don't want to deal with her being pissed the whole time, and then dealing with my sister who's going to be angry because I'm not totally grateful/supportive/happy with her "present" to me (that I'll eventually have to pay for).

Sisters do stupid **** sometimes and do a good job guilting you if you disagree with them.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sisters do stupid **** sometimes and do a good job guilting you if you disagree with them.

I'm already pissed at the part when the family is all together eating dinner (after I probably return all the tickets, re-purchase all the tickets with better schedules/flight times) and my sister pulls off a "see wasn't it all worth it?" speech.

Edit: The wife just called and I had to explain the situation and about the "plans" for next month. She coolly just hung up the phone. Gawd this weekend's trip is most likely ruined. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

....and my sister pulls off a "see wasn't it all worth it?" speech.

I hate this ****. They justify their reasons as carelessly as possible then brush it aside. :facepalm:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat Conne. I saw my grandmother on Saturday. I think it is going to be the last time I see her unfortunately. It was horrible seeing her in the condition she was in. It seems like when you get near the end things go downhill extremely fast. Just last year we were all out to dinner laughing drink wine and now this.

so sorry to hear that pB. does she live near you?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few months back, I mentioned an issue I've had for years with one of my legs/feet. A couple of months ago, I saw a podiatrist to see if that type of doc would be useful for getting it sorted out. One of the treatments he suggested was these little inserts that go in the heel of my shoe. I started wearing them immediately, and they seemed to help with the pain in my bad leg, but I noticed that I was now getting some pain in my good leg. I mentioned this at my follow up, and the doc said something along the lines of, "that's OK. It's probably just your body getting used to the inserts." Yeah, well, that might be the case, but the pain in my good leg continued to get worse. Then, I took a look at the inserts, and they had shifted funny on that side, moving my heel in a weird direction. This has had the effect of screwing with my gait, so now my whole (formerly) good side is killing me - everything from my foot to my back hurts. Now I have to go back to the doctor on Monday and say "WTF, I told you this was a problem, and now it's killing me."

FFS, I just want this to be fixed, and now the treatment hurts more than the original problem.

Sorry to hear this, pB. I hope you're able to take solace in the good memories.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:fu:

sorry MrG, i hope you get that straightened out soon.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PB and Conne, my sympathies for what you're going through

this pales in comparison but one of my pet peeves is people who go through life without respect for other people or their property. someone left a ******* door ding in my car last night. it was a restaurant parking lot so he could have found me if he wanted, and I parked at least 6 feet from his car so he really would have had to try to hit my car.

it's easily fixed, but I try very hard to be considerate of other people's vehicles, so it infuriates me (but doesn't surprise me) to not receive the same consideration

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads